SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another look

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Another look Reply with quote

No one knows how John Kerry will do things better?
He wants stop and inspect every single freight shipment that comes into our country. This in it self would bring our economy to a screeching halt. We’d probably starve in the winter because all of the food that we import would rot on the docks while waiting months to be inspected. There would be no more fishing industry because they too would have to go through an inspection every time they came back from sea. Meanwhile all of their fish and seafood would rot in their cargo holds while awaiting inspections.

He wants to shut down all of our borders. That would require putting troops across all of our borders. Hmm. Lets look at the math a little bit. Now I will admit that my numbers here are very crude and I haven’t done any real research. But please indulge me anyway.

Let’s see, we have about 12,000 miles of borders. To put a minimal amount of protection to protect our borders, I would estimate that we would need about 10 soldiers per 100 yards. Each soldier would work an 8 hour shift so we would need about 30 soldiers for every 100 yards of border that we’re trying to defend.

12000 miles x 1670 yds/mile /100 yds = 200,400 stations around our border

200,400 stations x 30 soldiers = 6,120,000 soldiers. (Wow, John Kerry the hawk – that seems plausible!)

Now let’s say we have to pay these soldiers, feed them, house them, and arm them.

$10,000 pay + $5000.00 to house and feed + $50,000 to arm them = $65,000/man

So, 6,120,000 soldiers x $ 65,000.00 = $ 397,800,000,000/year (and Kerry is squawking about 200 billion for 2 years in Iraq and we only have 120,000 troops there)

Now the real number has to be much higher but I think you all get the idea.

I know, I know, we’ll just tax the top 2 percent of the population. That will solve everything.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to double your pay number --- what type of soldier are you going to get for less than minimum wage?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
I think you need to double your pay number --- what type of soldier are you going to get for less than minimum wage?

Soldiers should get payed so much better than they do. To think they only get minimum wage grates me to no end. These guys defend our country and our people and should be taken care of much better than they have been in the past. They should be making good money, the fact that they do not, is pathetic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: