SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rassmuson - New Electoral College standings!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Rassmuson - New Electoral College standings! Reply with quote

Looking good everyone!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Electoral%20College%20Projection.htm
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does look pretty good. But I want 7% leads. I watched this Sheila Tubbs (D-OH) on Dayside today claiming there is suppression of the Democrat and Black vote going on in Ohio. She was rabid and foul-mouthed. This indicates to me they are getting ready to make Ohio this election year's "Florida."
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neverforget: I saw that Sheila Tubbs (D-OH) interview too. I did have to laugh at how the audience reacted to her, though (almost total derision). But she reminded me again of the mindless dirty tricks that are going on all over the place, so what with poll numbers swinging in every direction, with all the interpretations, I've decided one simply cannot believe or put one's faith in any poll anymore.

Hoping that Kerry is defeated, but in the meantime I'm not going to take it for a given - which means we've got to do everything possible in the remaining time left. Eternal vigilance (at least until we can stand down)
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just watching Chris Mathews. The talking heads were saying that Kerry leads or is tied in all the battle ground states. One of us is drinking coolaide.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on State Polls:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/pastpolls.html
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Neverforget: I saw that Sheila Tubbs (D-OH) interview too. I did have to laugh at how the audience reacted to her, though (almost total derision). But she reminded me again of the mindless dirty tricks that are going on all over the place, so what with poll numbers swinging in every direction, with all the interpretations, I've decided one simply cannot believe or put one's faith in any poll anymore.

Hoping that Kerry is defeated, but in the meantime I'm not going to take it for a given - which means we've got to do everything possible in the remaining time left. Eternal vigilance (at least until we can stand down)

The audience sure did deride her, and she deserved every bit of it. They are cheating in every close state. She is the epitome of projection. Her proof of suppression of the Black vote were Republican advertisement's saying the Democrats have done nothing for them. That's true, they haven't.
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Matthews is using John Zogby's interactive email results. To no one's surprise, Kerry has lead in 14 or 15 of the 17 states all year. No one outside of Zogby and Matthews take them seriosly.
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This indicates to me they are getting ready to make Ohio this election year's "Florida."

Best thing that can happen is Bush wins by enough of a margin that they don't have a leg to stand on in contesting the results.

Well, to be fair, the best thing that could happen would be for Kerry to lose all 50 states & DC, but I suppose that's unrealistic. Razz

Endaar
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That woman made me wanna PUKE, AFTER she made me angry, but then again, she is an idiot....oh gee I can't make up my mind:))))
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: State Polls Reply with quote

It does seem like the emphasis of the campaign is shifting from Florida to Ohio. Bush is running well ahead in Florida--his quick and decisive response to the hurricane victims probably helped him there. But in Ohio, pre-debate polls had Bush leading by 5-7 points, but the first post-debate polls (ARG, SUSA) show Bush down by 1.

ARG poll: http://americanresearchgroup.com/ohg/

SUSA poll: http://www.surveyusa.com/2004_Elections/OH041005xpreswsenv.pdf

The Cheney/Edwards debate (in Ohio) should help Bush, but he could ill afford to lose Ohio. He might be able to overcome an Ohio loss by winning Wisconsin and Minnesota, or Wisconsin, Iowa, and New Mexico.

It still seems like any future campaign ads (including SBVT ads) should target Ohio, which will probably be the ultimate swing state this year (as Florida was in 2000).
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just show up on time at the polls, and call your friends and make sure they do too. And vote for Bush. It's the only shot we have at getting our vote out and keeping sKerry's hands off the levers of power.

Unlike many democrats we can't (in good conscience) cross state lines and vote again. Plus, republicans and conservatives skills on the Ouija Board are lacking:

Quote:
Historically, the dead don't usually lean republican. Polling data and past exit (life) polls has shown that the dead, especially in democrat strongholds like Chicago and a few suburbs have not embraced the Republican messages.

A Chicago Republican campaign staffer said: "Yeah, our efforts have been pretty lackluster. We haven't honed a message aimed at that particular constituency".

Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Widely Varying Polls Reply with quote

I'm beginning to wonder how many of these polls can be trusted, given the wide variation in the results:

Colorado:

Gallup, 10/3-6: Bush 49 Kerry 49
Mason-Dixon, 10/4-6: Bush 50 Kerry 41

Whom do you believe?
Grateful for SBV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the polls! According to most internals....Men support Bush over Kerry by 0ver 8 %, Women now support Bush over Kerry by 2 %, 51% of independent voters support Bush, Catholic voters support Bush 2:1, Veterans support Bush 4:1, and the latest worry for Democrats is that their support among Black voters is less than for Gore. How can Kerry be leading if the internals are correct????
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internals are showing that President Bush leads in the groups most likely to vote by history.

New Colorado poll today by Denver Post has President Bush up 50 to 41.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: