SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Climate of Fear
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
achen50
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Cleveland TV station ,CH 3 WKYC I think, ran a video taken of two open minded liberals tearing down a Bush/Cheney sign in Akron recently.The tape was made by the home owner and clearly shows the goons in the act but the news didn't say if the police are investigating. The report said that 300 of 400 sign posted in Summit county were destroyed. The video clearly shows that it was a Bush Sign being ripped down. (These were large signs) A radio news report I heard earlier today stated that the signs being damaged were kerry signs.A picture is worth a thousand words.
But what did anyone expect,when political correctness became the de-facto law of the land, how could it evolve any other way but to fascism on the part of the morally superior religious cult of liberalism.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SteveZ:

Quote:
There is room for social liberals in the Bush camp.

Bush really is compassionate, so I'm okay with it. I can't support Kerry the traitor. Plus, I wouldn't look good in a burka.
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Many Bush supporters avoid the whole problem by adopting a flag strategy. American flags, yellow ribbons, and signs saying "Support our troops" function in many places as proxies for Bush-Cheney signs. One reader noted that none of the homes with Kerry signs on his street display American flags. Other readers say they intentionally use the flag as a proxy. Usually this is safe. But apparently in Seattle, even an American flag can provoke arguments and rude looks. One Seattle neighborhood seems to display U.N. flags and stickers more often than Old Glory. (I guess that meets the "global test.")

What has America come to???? This to me almost sounds like the beginning of a Civil War, where true Americans are going to have fight to reclaim their Independance. I live in Spain, where we are not allowed to fly an American Flag, even on base. It's sad that our country needs this location so bad that we are willing to forgo our National Pride.

Why has it come to this? Because a President of the United States dared to show the world that he believes in Democracy for all?

I have to admit, I'm worried about the outcome of Nov 2nd, but whatever the outcome, I have the utmost respect for the position of the President of the United States, and will be a true American and will always render that respect. I just pray every night, if the wrong man is put into that position, that he does not give up our liberties to those who seek to destroy them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: