SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Schieffer...anti-Swiftee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Bob Schieffer...anti-Swiftee Reply with quote

Yes, when Schieffer appeared on the Don Imus Show some months back he described the SBVT efforts " as the most despicable dirty trick campaign he has witnessed in all his years in broadcasting." So we know where he stands.

This 35 yr. friend and colleague of Dan Rather at CBS will be the moderator of the final Bush-Kerry debate next week. We are well aware of the CBS-DNC collusion to tarnish Pres. Bush with forged documents. So, will Schieffer use his own questions or will they be fed to him by Dan Rather, Mike Wallace and others who have been outwardly promoting the candidacy of John Kerry all year?

The desperate and angry liberal attack machine will be employing all their firepower Wednesday night in an all out last ditch effort to save John Kerry. Will our side be ready?

note: Topic amended...we don't need to billboard Schiffer's view. Thanks
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be as ready as possible, considering the one sided debate moderators, and collusion of the MSM. Evil or Very Mad
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: If they go all together and at one time. Reply with quote

I would make the clean air , the Greenpeaser's and the Green party

want, we could take a few days of before their evil spawn in the

gutters of "Harvard ect. " get their "dogree"s" and go to bite once more.

I'm worried that "bill richardson aka "the commie one" and the

"paper taker" etal are working to leave the labs Sandia, Livermore, and

others unprotected if they can and hurt our future, they are evil and they

seem to never sleep.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson has no input into any New Mexico lab, or other federal facility. He's no longer with the federal government, he's only the governor of New Mexico. If anyone in place inside the facilities pulls something like that, there's enough time left in the current administration to make 'em wish that they'ed never been born.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re:Jack Mclaughlin

Quote:
This 35 yr. friend and colleague of Dan Rather at CBS will be the moderator of the final Bush-Kerry debate next week

Is this accurate? I could have sworn I heard Brit Hume was going
to be the moderator....or am I just dreaming? Rolling Eyes

I was dreaming...

Third presidential debate:
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ
Wednesday, October 13
Bob Schieffer
CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent, and Moderator, Face the Nation

Each debate shall begin at 9:00 p.m. EDT.

Mission Accomplished!!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the deal with all liberal moderators???? why'd bush agree to that???

Brit would have been fine...

I think we should all email this shieffer guy and liet him know that we know what 's going on and we will be monitoring the questions....

and also they're all at 9 pm..... we all know Bush is an early to bed... early to rise guy !!!! - wait ! is that 9pm Tempe time???? That's even worse !!!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Cheney destroyed Edwards in the VP debate, I was flipping back and forth between Fox and cbs to see the vast difference of opinion of what I had just seen with my own eyes.

On cbs, there was a spinmeister throwing effusive praise on Edwards (that he withstood Cheney's attacks and dissected his arguments like the wonderfull lawyer that he is). Most others were well aware that Cheney had cleaned his clock. Well, one should expect this from a Dem spinmeister. The sad part is that this Dem partisan was.....

Bob Schieffer !!!!!

cbs just doesn't get it. I especially don't like the fact that he's the mod for the last debate.

ps. I didn't have internet access for the last month or so and have really missed this site. It's amazing to see all the news that is going on and without the internet, you are just not going to hear about it. I have FoxNews, but I learn more here.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a little pre-emption is in order. If we all, as professionally as possible, tell him we know of his bias, his undying friendship to Rather, his wish for Kerry to be president, etc., ask him politely to do his journalistic duty and be fair to the American people, it might mitigate his behavior. Maybe a petition demanding that he be unbiased or step out would help. Any other ideas? Anyone have his email address? The only one I have (and now have used) is: ftn@cbsnews.com
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have stated this from the very start (announcing the moderator's of these debates), and for the life of me, I can't figure out what in the world Jim Baker was thinking, when he allowed Vernon Jordon to lay out the entire plan (with few exceptions).

To my knowledge (what little I've ever been credited with Wink ), the only things that Baker accomplised were the light system to avoid letting John Kerry answer all questions in papragrahs, & the sitting down forum (I guess to benefit Cheney with his health concerns), but other than that......Jordon ran away with everything he desired.

Jim Lehrer: PBS..........Just a tad Liberal Shocked
Gwin Iffle: PBS...........Just a tad Liberal Shocked
Charles Gibson: ABC.....Just a tad Liberal Shocked
Bob Shieffer: I have actually forgot where he's working now (I've been on cable so long), but I think CBS (could be wrong here Confused ), but a for his politics...............well, let's just take a wild guess & say Liberal as well Shocked

Lehrer: Loaded questions from the start for Kerry to look like an actual viable candidate.

Iffle: Did anyone notice the double shot question ask of Dick Cheney, concerning his position on the gay marriage issue (wonder why it was ask in two different ways), knowing where he stood on this issue (it's been replayed on every news outlet availible, since he stated that Bush & hiself had different opinions on the issue, but he supported the Presidents concerns).

Gibson: His job was to take the questions submitted from the audience, and select a fair & balanced few to be ask by the very carefuly selected "un-decided-voters" that were located throughout the Town Hall Forum.

I thought the questions were actually going well, until the last (or close to it) was ask of President Bush.

The question was ask, but it was a "loaded" question, that was only intended to defame Bush's decision to go to war (which Bush proudly exposed the real reason for the question, himself), and was ask in a way that ONLY Bush could have been put on a spot, but not John Kerry.

"President Bush, during your time as President you have made many decisions, can you name any mistakes you've made during these times, and what would you now do to correct these mistakes"

First.........if the President had made ANY mistakes, he was immediately put on the spot to announce them & then submitt his corrections of those mistakes (if any), BUT in asking a question in this manner, that totally leaves out ANY imposition on John Kerry to answer for any mistakes he's made, because he's (Kerry) not the President. The only thing left for John Kerry to do with this little question, is to SLAM anything he thinks (usually spouts) any & all of his talking points (which he got a good start on doing with his 90 second rebuttle).

Where did this question come from?

Well, I remember a press conference about 8-10 months ago that President Bush was ask the same question (from an ABC reporter), and his response was " I can't remember any mistakes at this time, you've caught me off guard".

I didn't mean to get off on a rant here, but this debate thing has gotten my temper almost to a boiling point, and I still can't imagine what in the world Jim Baker was thinking (if he was thinking at all Mad )

Hopefully President Bush is still in good forum from the last debate, and will continue to pound on John Kerry in Arizona.

Have a great day,
Wind Walker Cool
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for wind walker: Jim Baker had nothing to do with appointing the moderators. This was accomplished many months back by the Presidential Debates Commission. The Republicans on that commission allowed the liberals to steamroller them. Janet Brown, the director of the commission, who claims to be a moderate Republican would not even permit Brit Hume to be considered. By the time Baker arrived to talk about lighting and camera angles the trap had already been set.
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the mistake & accusations towards Jim Baker...My Bad (as they say these days) Confused

However, I still remain content on the subject matter of my post above, concerning the "Bias" moderators we've been stuck with this time. It's very obvious of the slanted views from these moderators, and something should be done (if at all possible) about it for future campaigns & the fairness to each & all contenders.

I've been around this world for quite a while now, and I have never been as concerned about an election as I am this time. With 90% of the media (print, radio, & TV) being as far left as they are now addmitting to, along with the Hollywood acting politicians, musicians, college proffessors, & grammer school teachers, ALL campaigning against Bush, it's definately been one to remember.

We are all aware (I hope by now), that this election result will be challenged as well, and the democrats have been setting this up ever since the last Supreme Court Ruling.

It's coming folks, so gear up for it!

The only way to make a difference in this election, is for EVERYONE to go out and VOTE. That little thought years ago "I only have 1 vote & it's not going to make a difference"............Need to re-think that, a little! Shocked
Have a great day,
Wind Walker Rolling Eyes
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Bob Schieffer...anti-Swiftee Reply with quote

Wind Walker wrote:
...I still remain content on the subject matter of my post above, concerning the "Bias" moderators we've been stuck with this time.
I agree with your great post and wonder if Schieffer will have the courage to include the death penalty in the next debate. That's something Bush knows a lot about and should be able to do well with against the flipper.
Ramesh Ponnuru, NRO wrote:
...Kerry used to oppose the death penalty...
http://www.nationalreview.com/ponnuru/ponnuru200410080828.asp

Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schieffer is on The Chris Matthews Show today claiming, " I`ll try to stay right down the middle." Encouraging if it happens but seeing is believing.
CeeBeeBratPH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle of what? The left lane?

Don't expect much in the way of 'balance' from this guy.

Let's just get the debates over with and head on down the home stretch. The new SB ads will be the talk of the MSM crowd and debates will be soon forgotten.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Bob Schieffer...anti-Swiftee Reply with quote

Schieffer has the same mind set as Rather and is no friend of the SBVT or President Bush. If anything the moderators for the presidential debates MUST change in the future to give the Republican Party candidate a equal playing field. Every moderator to date has given President Bush not only the more difficult questions but questions that will embarrass him. There is now laughter among the liberal commentators that the first moderator reprimanded the President when he said he needed more than 30 seconds to respond!!! Even at the town hall forum questions were selected to attack Bush.

It is these moderators who later become involved in rating the performance of the President. Not surprising that they are hyper critical of President Bush so the media can report Kerry won the debate!!! Unfortuntely many who never watch the debate will believe the tv and newspaper reporting.

I am surprised that the the RNC agreed to these moderators who I understand are selected by the liberal based Women Voters League.

Change is needed for the future to prevent these abuses and to protect the American public.

JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: