SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got broadband? WATCH THIS VIDEO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy, check out the topic I opened that says the report stating the reduction in attacks was a miscalculation and they do not expect the numbers to be too much higher than 2002.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
The time between the first WTC attack and the second was what, 8 years? They are patient.

I have no doubt that they will make several attempts just before the election.

There can be no doubt that they want to influence our elections as they did with Spain.

Quote:

they will lay in wait, hating, until the opportunity arises. then - Wham!

And that is different from any time in the last twelve years just how?

Of course they're lying in wait and plotting.

In 1993, they told us they had the ability to set off a dozen WTC-type attacks simultaneously.

Any WAG's about how much stronger they MAY be, today?

Any further WAG's as to how many plots we've already interrupted?

Padilla's been talking - did you listen?

Quote:
If there were no oil there, we would just leave them alone. And they would not want to kill us either. It is a strage dichotomy.

It is not a dichotomy - it's an illusion on both counts.

Anyone who thinks this is about oil is thinking shallowly.

And anyone who thinks that they wouldn't want to kill us if we weren't there doesn't understand the concept of The Third Great Jihad or the nature of the enemy.

Quote:

But hey. Kill if it makes you happy. I feel no safer becuase of the war in Iraq. Not one bit.

And you shouldn't be. Because there are, by conservative estimates, tens of thousands of active jihadists in this world, perhaps dozens of cells right here in this country - and they're hell-bent on destruction.

Yours, mine, your childrens' - they sacrifice even other Muslims if they decide that they have to. All is fair in "jihad," the holy war that brings the Earth to Allah.

You SHOULD NOT feel safe because we ARE NOT safe. We are at war with an enemy that burns with a blind, visceral ideological hatred - for you.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
by conservative estimates

uh...yeah. The deleted by moderator conservatives that hold news confernces with the FBI director and the Attorney General to tell us...nothing. Just to make sure we are all still scared! I am sorry, but I am not terrified of the evil A-rabs.

As for Jose Padilla, if he knew so much they would have left him alone and monitored him. He is a former gangbanger that was trying to join a new gang. He doesn't know anything, but the Bush administration is dug in and can't relent. Now, when he is turned over to the civilian courts, he will walk because they trampled so badly on his civil rights! Good job!!

Have you ever heard of the second coming/apocolypse? deleted by moderator

deleted by moderator
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:

uh...yeah. The fear mongering conservatives that hold news confernces with the FBI director and the Attorney General to tell us...nothing.

No, I'm not getting this from our leaders, I'm getting this from the Arab sites.

Quote:
Just to make sure we are all still scared! I am sorry, but I am not terrified of the evil A-rabs.

Well, then you're not as smart as I gave you credit for being.

Quote:
Have you ever heard of the second coming/apocolypse? That is where the psycho christians think that the world will go to war and that christ will come break it all up and they will go to heaven. That is why they encourage Bush. To get him to forwar their violent religious agenda.

What a handful of religious zealots intends to do has little effect on our government, and if it ever does, I will do my part in our well-armed militia.

I'm not talking about a handful of Islamo-fascisti - I'm talking about many thousands.

Quote:
They are all nuts. I am stuck in the middle of a bunch of people seeing boogie men around every corner. Yikes.

And I'm stuck in the middle of a bunch of people who don't understand that we are at war - like it or not.

How many 9-11's and Richard Reid's and Bali nightclubs will it take to wake some of you up?
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Navy, the moderator saw fit to delete the topic on the recalculation of the number of terror attacks. Here it is.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040611/D834H3VG0.html
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kyleparr"]Well Navy, the moderator saw fit to delete the topic on the recalculation of the number of terror attacks. Here it is.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040611/D834H3VG0.html

Well, that's a setback, for sure.

Now, I just hope that when the report is finalized that the news won't be as bad as the ABB crowd wants it to be.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time between the first WTC attack and the second was what, 8 years? They are patient.

-- Kyleparr

You have to do a lot of ignoring to come to this conclusion.

To wit:

Feb. 1993 - WTC bombed. 6 Americans dead.

THEN you claim no attacks until 8 years later? Huh?

Oh, I guess then you choose to ignore and forget:

June 1996 - Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, bombed. 19 Americans dead.

August 1998 - US Embassy in Kenya bombed.
August 1998 - US Embassy in Tanzania bombed.
Total Americans killed in these attacks: 224.

October 2000 - USS Cole bombed. 17 Americans dead.

Then of course, there was 9/11, where nearly 3,000 Americans were killed. If not for the bravery of those on Flight 93 (my neighbor was the pilot) there'd have been hundreds, if not thousands, more.

Now - what's this bullhockey about waiting 8 years to attack?
They attacked us and killed 260 Americans during that 8 year period.

But of course, it takes a lot of ignoring to believe the hogwash you spread.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, thanks for that video 95 bxl.

I'm amazed at how the American media won't show the video of the attacks on 9/11. They claim it might "hurt our sensibilities".

Yeah, right. But we get 24/7 of a handful of terrorists being humiliated.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
kyleparr wrote:

You have to do a lot of ignoring to come to this conclusion.

To wit:

Feb. 1993 - WTC bombed. 6 Americans dead.

THEN you claim no attacks until 8 years later? Huh?

Oh, I guess then you choose to ignore and forget:

June 1996 - Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, bombed. 19 Americans dead.

August 1998 - US Embassy in Kenya bombed.
August 1998 - US Embassy in Tanzania bombed.
Total Americans killed in these attacks: 224.

October 2000 - USS Cole bombed. 17 Americans dead.

Then of course, there was 9/11, where nearly 3,000 Americans were killed. If not for the bravery of those on Flight 93 (my neighbor was the pilot) there'd have been hundreds, if not thousands, more.

kyle,

According to the Navy (www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq66-1.htm) there were 2.403 American deaths as a result of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Apparently, everybody back then was really gullible, and bought the government line that the country was at war with Japan.

BTW, according to the CDC (www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm51SPa6.htm), there have been 2,726 death certificates related to the 9/11 WTC attacks as of August 16, 2002.

How many attacks would convince you that you, personally, are hated by these people? How many deaths will it take for you to want these people to be stopped?
kyleparr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then.

the 8 years was between attacks on American soil.

Japan was a nation state that attacked us and we knew who it was. The WTC attacks were pulled off by terrorists that are not easily defined our found. There is no country to attack. See?

There is not a decrease in attacks, based on the information people keep deleting, proving the war on terror is a scam. So here it is again.

Here is a link about the orginal report, full of disinformation from the administration:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A31971-2004May16.html

Here is the updated - oops we got busted info: (if you do not like my link, it is VERY easy to find your own)
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=1933628

=========================================
Here is the text of another report from the Guardian

Terror report's 'good news' turns bad

Agencies
Friday June 11, 2004

The US state department today retracted a report that claimed terrorist attacks were on the decline, after it turned out they had actually increased.
The Bush administration hailed the initial annual assessment as proof of the success of the war on terror when it was published in April, but officials have now been forced to concede the revised figures for 2003 will show a sharp upturn in the number of attacks.

Colin Powell, the US secretary of state, denied the errors were part of deliberate effort to make the administration look good.

"Nobody has suggested that the war on terrorism has been won," he told reporters. "The president has made it clear that it is a war that continues and that we have to redouble our efforts.

"I am very disturbed that there were errors in the report. We're going to correct it."

The Patterns of Global Terrorism report said terrorist attacks fell to 190 last year, the lowest figure since 1969, from 198 in 2002. It also said the number of people killed dropped to 307, including 35 US citizens, from 725 in 2002, a total which included 27 Americans.

State department spokesman Richard Boucher said the 2003 figures were likely to be higher than the report suggested, though the number of deaths may not exceed the 2002 figures. He explained that the writers of the report appeared to have made a series of mistakes including failing to count attacks for the full year and possibly misinterpreting the definition of such attacks.

One US official, who asked not to be named, told the Reuters news agency that the report failed to count "international terrorist attacks" after November 11, 2003.

"The data in the report is incomplete and in some cases incorrect," Mr Boucher said, admitting his department failed to catch the mistakes. "We got the wrong data and we didn't check it enough ... That's the simplest explanation for what happened."

When the report was released, Mr Powell's deputy, Richard Armitage, said it provided "clear evidence that we are prevailing in the fight" while the state department's counterterrorism coordinator, Cofer Black, hailed its "good news".

Mr Boucher said the department learned of the report's errors in the first week of May and began an investigation.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, Kyle is saying, "Blah blah blah blah blah blah to hell with Americans killed when they're not on our soil blah blah blah blah blah."

Beneath contempt.

Go spew your venom to the families of the deceased from all those attacks in the 1990s and in 2000 and see what they think of your opinion.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Japan was a nation state that attacked us and we knew who it was. The WTC attacks were pulled off by terrorists that are not easily defined or found. There is no country to attack. See? "

Well, the Afghanistan invasion was worthwhile. That was the epicenter of Al Qaeda activity. But now the US needs to stop invading countries that had nothing to do with 9/11 and instead rely on the intelligence to capture the remaining terrorists.

This means trying to reestablish the cooperation of our allies and not *outing* CIA operatives who are investigating WMD's.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky wrote:
Quote:
This means trying to reestablish the cooperation of our allies and not *outing* CIA operatives who are investigating WMD's

Not Joe Wilson! He was no CIA operative. Not his wife! She was no longer "undercover" and most of Washingtion already knew she was an CIA employee. You can't out what is already out and you can't be convicted of the legal violation unless you "knew" Valerie Plame was still under cover.

The FBI and Grand Jury investigation of the matter will go nowhere because it has nowhere to go----other than the front page of Izvestia and Pravda (NYT and WAPO)

Truth will out over propaganda!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: