SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Honor - another brick in the wall
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warstories@foxnews.com

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
grammaj
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it and answered my own inquiry.... warstories@foxnews.com for anyone else who may want it.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of Stolen Valor just went to Ohio State U. to be viewed by some students. They won't buy it themselves, but just maybe if they see something like that they won't be so quick to vote for that POS.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grammaj wrote:
Found it and answered my own inquiry.... warstories@foxnews.com for anyone else who may want it.

I used this addy several days ago to ask Ollie North to show Stolen Honor. Anybody get a reply from him?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 4 copies have arrived. This is the most powerful documentary of the subject of the fate of the POWs I have seen.. is there any other??. I was overwhelmed with emotion and just so proud of them and their wives and families. Thank goodness their story has been preserved, thus far. More needs to be done. I agree this is a must see by all who vote and should be part of every American history class in the US. I am sending one to a vet family whose son is in Iraq and hope it will be forwarded to him. I will be sharing the other copies and hope to find contacts to young people at nearby colleges and friends of my children.

This must be put on TV ASAP. Anyone heard from OLLIE? Any copies sent to others including Oprah?

I believe an effective way to get this moving is for a group to be organized to promote and advance this documentary to the public and to define other goals and actions to open this for review and discussion... to get this in the history classes, be sure it is in every library in America, etc. If there is such a group, other than the SBVT, that is actively working on this effort please let me know. The SWIFTIES have led the charge and I am confident they will continue. We need to keep supporting their efforts anyway we can. Given leadership we can all help get the job done. Thanks to the SWIFTIES! The continued effort to set this straight goes beyond the present election BUT this will be lost forever unless Bush remains President and CIC.

Has Bush ever met with the POWs and their families? Perhaps during Memorial Day events? I believe he may be the President who will support efforts to restore the V V's honor in the heart of ALL Americans. And diminish the glorification of the V V A W movement. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Stolen Honor Reply with quote

Waiting for my copy. Should be here in a day or two. Can't wait. Have seen a couple of those in Stolen Honor giving interviews. Very powerful. Shows just what Kerry caused.

RHV
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend that everyone also look at the thread
below.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9935

There are a couple of new documentaries set to
come out in a week or so to counter Farhenhiet 9/11.
Though not specifically an SBVT topic, the lies told by
Moore feed the propaganda machine that puts our
troops at risk wherever they are serving.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stolen honor documentary... may sink Kerry's presidential boat

Kaye Grogan
August 25, 2004

Democrats acted as though they had lost their capacity to speak — when many were confronted with the 59 lies presented so transparently in Michael Moore's "pathetic" President Bush bashing documentary, Fahrenheit 9/11. To them it was just good entertainment. In fact, Moore received preferential treatment at the Democratic National Convention which brought out the Democrats true colors, and they weren't red, white, and blue either.

Now the battle lines have been drawn, and a scathing documentary is scheduled to air, bashing John Kerry by former Viet Nam POWs — only chances are very good this documentary is not going to be fictional or lathered up in lies.

War is hell — is going to be emphasized to a much greater degree when the documentary hits the airwaves in about two weeks. The documentary has no direct link with the Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth, but they are probably delighted and looking forward to front row seats — as many other people are.

The documentary Stolen Honor — will detail how the Prisoners of War felt betrayed by John Kerry when they learned of his antiwar stance back in the United States. Just like the pictures aired 24/7 by the liberal news media dealing with the prisoner abuse at the Iraqi prison camp Abu Ghraib by American soldiers endangered captives held by al-Qaida operatives to a much higher level, the same was true when John Kerry spoke openly about alleged war atrocities by his comrades in Viet Nam. Boy. . .talk about being hung out to dry.

While the alleged war atrocities were horrible if they are accurate — it was endangering the POWs lives still being held captive in Viet Nam. Sleeping with the enemy is never a good idea. Before the liberals start getting their underwear twisted up in a knot, they need to put themselves in the shoes of the POWs for just a minute, to see how they would feel if they were being held captive and one of their comrades went over the public airways relating war atrocities to the world, and the enemy.

While John Kerry has called on President Bush to halt the infamous ads produced and aired by the Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth — he has only batted his eyes and turned a deaf ear to the ads that have bashed the president for nearly a year from his camp or by his supporters. Kerry needs to practice what he preaches and call off his own gang of attack dogs. But isn't that just like a Democrat? They have the right to smear, but they scream foul — when the shoe's tightening up on the other foot.

With all of the paramount problems strangling Americans in dealing with terrorists, do we really need a leader who voted to take action in Iraq and then said if he had known the outcome he wouldn't have voted for the action? How can anyone know the outcome of a war? We don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow, much less a week, month or year from now.

With all of the negativity surrounding politics in the 21st century — along with war. . . politics can be viewed as hellfire and brimstone. . . to many Americans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaye Grogan is a freelance writer who lives in Virginia. She writes, produces, and hosts a daily commentary called "Viewpoint" on her local radio station. She has written op-eds and articles for the Daily Republican newspaper. She also writes editorials for online newspapers and local papers.

Kaye has many published poems, one published book, and has been featured in a popular woman's national magazine. She is currently working on two books for children. Her hobbies include photography and she has won photo contests all over the world.

© Copyright 2004 by Kaye Grogan
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/grogan/040825
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen Honor DVD/Tape Reply with quote

Becky wrote:
Hmmm...I wanted to order the DVD...unfortunately, they
don't offer any form of payment other than credit card.
I don't use my card for internet purchases or for anything
not emergency...I will write them requesting the DVD...but
they should offer alternative payments. Rolling Eyes

Hey Becky, You don't need a credit card to order the DVD. I just got mine from my PAYPAL account. I went the donation route and sent them the $30 and get a free DVD with the donation. I'm not sure if the online store takes PAYPAL. Maybe someone else could post if that is the case.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my contribution to the "cause" this week.
I put my Stolen Honor video up for auction
on ebay. I'm not trying to earn money, but to
advertise the documentary. Also, to make a
political statement. I'm running it for 10 days
and spent the extra $20 to list it in the featured
section, and that will really increase the exposure!

If folks email me wanting to find out how to
"buy now", I will give them the link to the
Stolen Honor website!

If anyone wants to do the same with their
copies of the documentary, I'd be glad to help
you with the html and host the images like
I have in my auction, just "PM" me and I'll be
in touch.

Soldier on!

Check out the link below, doing that was empowering!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6329062563

rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Stolen Honor Reply with quote

My copy arrived today. Watched right away. Very moving and emotional hearing the words from those who lived it.
This shows just what John Kerry did by his actions. The sad part is he does not even care about all the suffering he caused. He cares only about himself.

RHV
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the DNC may be worried enough to target "Stolen Honor". The "protester" who disrupted the premier has been identifed as a Kerry campaign and Democratic National Committee staffer named Wayne F. Smith.

Those who read "Stolen Valor" by BG Burkett may remember him. Smith's convictions for AWOL and drug-related manslaughter are documented there.

For more details, see

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/01/kerry.disrupter/index.html
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Got mine! Reply with quote

My husband and I watched the documentary last night. We were both moved to anger, and tears. I'm loaning it out at work first and then he's loaning out at his job. We want everyone to see the powerful message of Kerry's betrayal of his "band of brothers". If anyone can watch this documentary and still believe John Kerry deserves to be CIC, God help them. I've heard many "kids" say that what happened during that era isn't important in today's world. A man's character is always relevent. They are my target audience for loaning the DVD. Frankly, I was surprised to learn how many people, my own age 4 Cool didn't know or remember what Kerry had done in 1971. Me included! Embarassed Vietnam, and the aftermath, was Americas dirty little secret and now the secret is out. Thank God!!! Let the truths be told and the guilty pay!!!
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Has this been reported here? Reply with quote

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20041009-060025-2603r.htm

Sinclair to air anti-Kerry special

New York, NY, Oct. 9 (UPI) -- A conservative U.S. broadcaster whose outlets reach one-quarter of the nation's TV viewers is airing a film that attacks John Kerry just before the election.

Sinclair Broadcast Group has ordered its 62 stations to preempt regular programming during primetime to air "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal," the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

The film, funded by Pennsylvania veterans and produced by a veteran and former Washington Times reporter, features former POWs accusing Kerry -- a decorated U.S. Navy veteran who later protested the war -- of worsening their ordeal by prolonging the conflict.

The Kerry campaign blasted Sinclair for what it says is strongarming its stations into broadcasting lies to influence the political process, the Times said.

"It's beyond yellow journalism," said Kerry spokesman David Wade. "It's a smear bankrolled by Republican money, and I don't think Americans will stand for it."

The one-hour special, which will be aired between Oct. 21 and Oct. 24 depending on the city, will be followed by a panel discussion to which Kerry will be invited, potentially satisfying fairness regulations, the Times reported.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Stolen Honor Reply with quote

The Kerry Campaign blasted Sinclair "into Broeadcastig lies to influence the political process". Although I know that Kerry Campaign would do and say anything to win this election I did not believe they were foolish enough to call the POW's liers. They say they are lies but again do not stipulate what part of the story is a lie. They feel if they shot the messanger the facts will be lost in the spin. This is a new low even for them.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: