SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disabled Vet spits on Hanoi Fonda
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Disabled Vet spits on Hanoi Fonda Reply with quote

Police: Man Arrested For Spitting On Jane Fonda
http://www.local6.com/entertainment/4397174/detail.html

Too bad her twin, Hanoi Kerry, wasn't there too!!...and if she thinks she's getting kudos for not pressing charges against him, she's got another thing coming!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Disabled Vet spits on Hanoi Fonda Reply with quote

becca1223 wrote:
Police: Man Arrested For Spitting On Jane Fonda
http://www.local6.com/entertainment/4397174/detail.html

Too bad her twin, Hanoi Kerry, wasn't there too!!...and if she thinks she's getting kudos for not pressing charges against him, she's got another thing coming!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Well, at least it wasn't a pie... Laughing

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's lucky it wasn't a glass of urine. Anyways, give that man a medal Wink

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAY TO GO! Was this one of MtBoone's friends? Smile This guy took the call for a boycott seriously Laughing
Be careful, though, in the Wizard of Oz the wicked witch melted when she got wet. Wink
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She's lucky it wasn't a glass of urine. Anyways, give that man a medal

You mean give that man another medal!
He most likely has a few medals already if he's a disabled vet.
Strange world we live in where a man has to struggle as a disabled vet the rest of his life, just so he can guarantee freedom of speech for the likes of Hanoy Jane.
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually very surprised that sombody did not do this to Hanoi John Kerry during the election. Man, that would have been the highlight of my year Smile

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
WAY TO GO! Was this one of MtBoone's friends? Smile This guy took the call for a boycott seriously Laughing
Be careful, though, in the Wizard of Oz the wicked witch melted when she got wet. Wink

If I meet him, I will shake his hand. I was asked to go but you had to buy a book to get close to her and I was not going to put any money in her hands. But, if I knew that he was going to do this, I would have had my camera. Very Happy Very Happy
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
WAY TO GO! Was this one of MtBoone's friends? Smile

I think Terry is just like the rest of us: Not surprised that this eventually would happen.

Last edited by rbshirley on Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:56 am; edited 3 times in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed emotions on this. I know it's wrong and two wrongs don't make a right, and all that, but I sure would have loved to have been there Laughing Wink
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good thing. As Vets, we have a certain credibility calling her (and Kerry) traiterous, treasonous, b**tches, ba***rds, or whatever else our limited vocabularys can allow. However, spitting on her and then running away only makes us all look like the deranged crazies they tried to paint us as.
I think a copy of the notorious photograph overwritten with big red letters spelling out "Traitor" presented with a request to autograph same would have made the point even better and presented the veteran in a better manner.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This begs the question, how many people did the police arrest for
spitting on Viet Nam Vets returning from duty?
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three cheers for this guy, I have been waiting a long time for sombody to do something.!!! gheesh it was good to read, after all these years somebody did something. feels real good.

She is a traitor. !!!!!!

Leeman
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
Not a good thing. As Vets, we have a certain credibility calling her (and Kerry) traiterous, treasonous, b**tches, ba***rds, or whatever else our limited vocabularys can allow. However, spitting on her and then running away only makes us all look like the deranged crazies they tried to paint us as.
I think a copy of the notorious photograph overwritten with big red letters spelling out "Traitor" presented with a request to autograph same would have made the point even better and presented the veteran in a better manner.

2 wrongs may not make a right - but I have to say that in this case, maybe, just maybe she came closer to feeling what so many Vets felt when they returned home and were spat upon and much much worse.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=darkblue]Looks a though they edited the story this afternoon?

Quote:
POSTED: 9:19 am EDT April 20, 2005
UPDATED: 4:15 pm EDT April 20, 2005

<snip>

Quote:
Vietnam veteran, Smith was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, which is a city charge.

[b]I don't know whether to believe the newspaper article when is says:

Quote:
They said Smith then ran away and was taken into custody by off-duty officers, who were providing security for the event.

Just have my doubts that he "ran". Would like to know the real story. Need more that one source. Don't know the author, news outlet, or his source.
Essayons
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was never spit on nor had other direct confrontations with protesters after returning from Vietnam in the fall of 1969 I do remember two incidents.

One was benign avoidance and happened on my final day in uniform. I had processed out of active duty at Ft. Lewis, WA and had caught a non stop “Red Eye” to New York City. I was in uniform and was wearing my medals and other ribbons allowed to members of the 9th Infantry Division. Anyway, the plane was almost full and it turn out that an Artillery officer from the 9th ID was also on the flight. We managed to switch our seats so that we were across the isle from each other and spent an hour or so talking before trying to get some sleep. There was talk about fire fights and his remembrance of a fellow officer who had been involved in a fire fight with my engineer unit. He then told me the officer was awarded the Silver Star for his actions during the fire fight. (I will only comment that we engineers had to drag this Artillery officer’s failed Duster back to base camp and he had not fired a shot in our defense). Everyone within 2 rows could hear our conversation. The flight was 4 plus hours and not one person said a word to us.

Shortly after my return, I was a student at Villanova University (PA) finishing my BEE degree. Being it was ecumenical times our mandatory religion course was hosted by a Protestant Minister. Hey, at least a Catholic university wanted diversity. Whatever this minister said that identified me as a Vietnam vet I do not remember but his accusation that I was a baby killer still stands out in my mind. I guess I went ballistic. And his response was that he had seen the films of atrocities we had committed.

During the next class he apologized to me but the damage had been done.

I had been there and he had seen film of our atrocities. I saw no atrocities but he knew the truth. Sounded like Kerry (he briefly served in the Delta as I had although I served a full year) and Hanoi Jane, who later sealed public opinion against us vets.

I now regret that for 20 years after my return from Vietnam that I rarely spoke about my time.in Vietnam. I threw away my dress blues and other reminders of Vietnam. Few artifacts remain of my time in Vietnam.

Such were the times during the late 1960s and beyond.

Regards,
Dick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: