SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In The Entire History of the Military
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UMT
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

In The Entire History of the Military,,, has ANYONE ever been awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star and 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months??

UMT
VN Vet
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

UMT wrote:
In The Entire History of the Military,,, has ANYONE ever been awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star and 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months??

UMT
VN Vet

Maybe Audie Murphy?

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"

Last edited by JasonBinPNW on Wed May 12, 2004 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.grunts.net/legends/audiemurphy.html
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

UMT wrote:

UMT
VN Vet

Here is the history of awards for Coastal Divsion Eleven for one year, 1969:

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/Command_History_Awards.pdf
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did LTjg Galvin go home early? How about BM3 Stevens?
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

UMT wrote:

UMT
VN Vet

WTF does that have to do with anything?
Lotta folks was awarded more than that for one day on Mount Suribachi.
No three PH's in one day of course.
And right now there is chance of folks getting more purple hearts than usual in some given amount of time since there are wounded troops being recycled back to iraq in a lot less healed condition than what would be usual.
Has it ever ocurred to some of you scamps that your denigration of someones awards is denigration of the whole military that awarded them?

Or did I misunderstand and you just popped up with that amazed that anyone could achieve so much in such short period of time?
Yea - that must be it. You think it just really cool that Kerry could make such good accounting for his self.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
You think it just really cool that Kerry could make such good accounting for his self.

Purple Hearts just indicate an ability to get in the way of flying steel and lead. They don't indicate anything regarding "an accounting". The Bronze Star with V and Silver Star might indicate something regarding that. Of course, leaving after just 4 months also indicates something.
Craig

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Craig wrote:
You think it just really cool that Kerry could make such good accounting for his self.

Purple Hearts just indicate an ability to get in the way of flying steel and lead. They don't indicate anything regarding "an accounting". The Bronze Star with V and Silver Star might indicate something regarding that. Of course, leaving after just 4 months also indicates something.

Enough with allusions, man. Come out and say it. What does it indicate?
You denigrate purple hearts. I don't know if Kerry getting one that was awarded on what seems lame basis demeans the medal - but I do know that you demean it. You would trash everything and everyone around to trash Kerry. - Would you sign it off as 'collateral damage' the insult that you make to all Purple Heart awards that they only indicate the the people only displayed an ability to get in the way of flying steel and lead. (I guess it indicates that you don't know about military ammo with that remark about lead - maybe VC used sport hunting ammunition?)

Damn! There is times that I think I should take over denigrating Kerry for some of you folks. I can think of things that might be meaningful and actual rather than the sorry crap you desperately try to characterize to the negative and are too goddamned stupid to realize the folks that you insult and demean along with your stupid belittlments.
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Craig wrote:

Enough with allusions, man. Come out and say it. What does it indicate?
You denigrate purple hearts. I don't know if Kerry getting one that was awarded on what seems lame basis demeans the medal - but I do know that you demean it. You would trash everything and everyone around to trash Kerry. - Would you sign it off as 'collateral damage' the insult that you make to all Purple Heart awards that they only indicate the the people only displayed an ability to get in the way of flying steel and lead. (I guess it indicates that you don't know about military ammo with that remark about lead - maybe VC used sport hunting ammunition?)

Damn! There is times that I think I should take over denigrating Kerry for some of you folks. I can think of things that might be meaningful and actual rather than the sorry crap you desperately try to characterize to the negative and are too goddamned stupid to realize the folks that you insult and demean along with your stupid belittlments.

I'm laughing becasue you have NO idea who Greenhat is, and I have read your posts in other threads... too funny. You ought to get an Emmy for "Best supporting actor in a comedy" or... what are those awards they give out to Soap Opera Stars? You should get one of those.

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Purple Hearts just indicate an ability to get in the way of flying steel and lead.

Sounds like they're giving up on trying to claim that the incidents didn't occur at all (and even more bizarre, that Ted Kennedy helped) and instead say it was just dumb luck.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
Purple Hearts just indicate an ability to get in the way of flying steel and lead.

Sounds like they're giving up on trying to claim that the incidents didn't occur at all (and even more bizarre, that Ted Kennedy helped) and instead say it was just dumb luck.

There are a lot more questions than there are answers. All John Kerry has to do is release his service record and the questions will be answered. Until he does, all we can do is speculate and piece together bits and pieces of official and unofficial information.

Meanwhile, you have no clue as to the kind of experience you're deriding so cavalierly. Nice to see long-term veterans denigrated by you and your little clique.

Kerry-ites - following in their candidate's proud history of slamming honorable soldiers. The torch has been passed. You must be so proud.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All John Kerry has to do is release his service record and the questions will be answered
All records except his medical records, which are nobody's business, are available for public inspection.

Please provide the link to Bush's equivalent set of documents. I want to see where he was during the "missing years"

Quote:
all we can do is speculate
I've noticed
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
All John Kerry has to do is release his service record and the questions will be answered
All records except his medical records, which are nobody's business, are available for public inspection.

Nice try - no cookie. His complete service record has NEVER been publicly available. Selected records have been made available.

As for medical records, just release the treatment records for the PH's that so many people have questioned.

If he has nothing to hide, he shouldn't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Please provide the link to Bush's equivalent set of documents. I want to see where he was during the "missing years"

You know, you've been told about a bazillion times that this isn't about Bush, but Bush did release all of the information that was sent to him from the records center.

If the press wasn't satisfied with what they found, don't you think it would have been the headline story?

Come on, sparky our press is so biased against this President, they'd have had a field day every day for weeks.

Why didn't the press push for Kerry to release his?[/quote]
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His complete service record has NEVER been publicly available. Selected records have been made available.

Not true. If it were, someone here would be able to say what records haven't been released. I've asked and asked but nobody can say what's missing from http://www.johnkerry.com/about/military_records.html.

It's funny how we're saying the same thing:

Our guy released his records but the other guy didn't.

The difference is that you can't provide anything remotely resembling this:

John Kerry's Official Naval Records
John Kerry's After-Action Combat Reports

The Command History for Coastal Division 11 for 1969

Military Service Awards [pdf: 1.3MB]
(This file contains documents on the awarding of John Kerry's military service awards: 3 Purple Hearts, 1 Bronze Star, and 1 Silver Star. )

Acceptance of Discharge Naval Reserve [pdf: 101kb]

Background Information [pdf: 354kb]

Bronze Star [pdf: 301kb]

Bupers Orders To Gridley [pdf: 109kb]

Change of Duty [pdf: 507kb]

DD214 [pdf: 361kb]

DD215 (correction to DD214) [pdf: 113kb]

Duty Recommendation [pdf: 163kb]

Emergency Data [pdf: 1.22MB]

Enlistment Contract [pdf: 217kb]

Enlistment Photo [pdf: 223kb]

Fitness Reports [pdf: 4.68MB]

Honorable Discharge From Reserve [pdf: 111kb]

Leave Record [pdf: 319kb]

National Defense Service Medal [pdf: 97.6kb]

Naval Messages [pdf: 470kb]

Naval OCS Report [pdf: 108kb]

Nuclear Weapons Training Certificate [pdf: 340kb]

Office Order Memos [pdf: 594kb]

Officer Candidate Agreement [pdf: 263kb]

Order to Officer Candidate [pdf: 149kb]

Pay Entry Base Date [pdf: 113kb]

Personnel Casualty Report [pdf: 577kb]

Presidential Unit Citation [pdf: 141kb]

Purple Heart #1 Citation [pdf: 98.3kb]

Purple Heart #2 Citation [pdf: 98.3kb]

Purple Heart #3 Citation [pdf: 103kb]

Qualifications Questionnaire [pdf: 350kb]

Recommendations For Next [pdf: 238kb]

Record of Discharge [pdf: 165kb]

Release From Active Duty [pdf: 537kb]

Report of Home of Record [pdf: 252kb]

Request For History of Service [pdf: 136kb]

Request For Swiftboat Duty [pdf: 122kb]

Research Sheet F4-15 [pdf: 187kb]

Reserve Office Appointment [pdf: 268kb]

Security Clearances [pdf: 1.10MB]

Service_Record [pdf: 98.9kb]

Servicemans Life Insurance [pdf: 183kb]

Silver Star [pdf: 311kb]

Statement of Service 1967 [pdf: 144kb]

Temporary Orders and Ranks [pdf: 1.73MB]

Thrice Wounded Reassignment [pdf: 112kb]

Top Secret Clearance [pdf: 483kb]

Training School Record [pdf: 138kb]

Transfer To Standby Reserve [pdf: 230kb]

Travel Payment Order [pdf: 86.3kb]

Vietnam Service Medal [pdf: 174kb]

------------

The best anyone could show me is Bush's dental records from Alabama, his CO's saying that's where they thought he was and insistence that this isn't about Bush...IT'S ABOUT KERRY!

I'll give it more time. Maybe this stuff is kind of hard to round up. You should send an email to the Bush campaign telling them to put up all the stuff Kerry did.

If he has nothing to hide, he shouldn't have a problem with it.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: In The Entire History of the Military Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

You denigrate purple hearts.

I'm not denigrating purple hearts. But I know my share of bullet magnets, and have the scars myself to know that getting wounded only indicates bad luck.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: