SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U.S. didn't lose Vietnam War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john h
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
They were also strangely silent in the 5 years after the fall of Saigon while the Vietnamese Government and its proxies killed millions in SE Asia in acts of wholesale genocide.
It isn't the protestors who have helped relocate the Dega people, numerous Khymer and Vietnamese. It has been (and continues to be) those who made commitments and stuck to them, despite the actions of the US Congress.

They were also strangely silent as millions were slaughtered in Cambodia after the war. They are strangely silent today as millions are being slaughtered in Africa. We have now lost 1000 Americans in Iraq. War is about death and destruction. Somewhere the public seemed to have come to think you can fight a war without death. We have 40,000 or more Americans killed on our highways each year. Millions die from smoking related diseases. 2800 died on 9/11. Tens of thousands died on our completed destruction of German cities during WWII. Over 500,000 died in the Civil War. War has not changed but our perception of it has. It was and still is about death and destruction. Bin Laden has said Muslims are to kill all non Mulims. That is rather clear in its intent. We had better be on the offense and be prepared if Western Civiization is to survive as we know it. We are fighting for our children,grand children and great grand children. Let it never be said we were the ones that let Democracy die.
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had a stock answer for the clown who accuses us of having lost the war;

I won my piece of it.
My buddies won theirs.
Sorry 'bout yours.

Redhawk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: