SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this on the ny times.

Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor should only be sent to The Times, and not to other publications. We do not publish open letters or third-party letters.

Letters for publication should be no longer than 150 words, must refer to an article that has appeared within the last seven days, and must include the writer's address and phone numbers. No attachments, please.

We regret we cannot return or acknowledge unpublished letters. Writers of those letters selected for publication will be notified within a week. Letters may be shortened for space requirements.

Send a letter to the editor by e-mailing letters@nytimes.com
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope it's all true. Drudge is pretty good about not putting himself out there without being very sure about something, and the NY Post has picked it up, so there has to be some kind of credibility to it.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Kerry Phone Call to Brant Reply with quote

Apparently, Newsmax.com picked up on Kerry's phone call to Brant. They also quote the New York Post as follows:

/www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/25/92620.shtml
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry call to Brant Reply with quote

Sorry, I hit the wrong button. Here is the Newsmax.com quote of the New York Post:

The New York Post reported today: "Sean McCabe, a spokesman for the 264-member organization, said it plans to send a cease-and-desist letter warning Kerry 'to stop calling our members,' because it's an independent '527' group and it's illegal for campaigns to contact them."
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Thanks Steve! Drudge, the Washington Post, and NOW NewsMax! This seems to be pretty concrete. That cease and desist order is GREAT by SBVT! That puts it on the record and makes it actionable by the organization! GOD I hope someone taped him on the phone! This is like seeing the week that kerry lost the Presidency.
Whyitsme
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

Well isn't this just another lie on Kerry's part.....
the following is from the http://wintersoldier.com site

May 28, 2004 -- An interesting quote has turned up in the VVAW FBI Files. Some Kerry defenders have been claiming that his atrocity claims were just taken from the reports of others -- most notoriously, the Winter Soldier 'witnesses' -- and that he never accused his fellow Swift vets of committing war crimes. However, here's what Kerry told the Washington Star on June 6, 1971:

"We established an American presence in most cases by showing the flag and firing at sampans and villages along the banks. Those were our instructions, but they seemed so out of line that we finally began to go ashore, against our orders, and investigate the villages that were supposed to be our targets. We discovered we were butchering a lot of innocent people, and morale became so low among the officers on those 'swift boats' that we were called back to Saigon for special instructions from Gen. Abrams. He told us we were doing the right thing. He said our efforts would help win the war in the long run. That's when I realized I could never remain silent about the realities of the war in Vietnam." -- 100-HQ-448092, Sub A Section 01: page 79.

Just another reminder that Kerry can't tell the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: