SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry is an embarassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's always the resort of the left. It's the dying gasp of a failing campaign. You probably haven't been on the internet long enough to know that the first person to liken another person in the discussion to a Nazi automatically loses. It's called "Godwin's Law."

dhedges53, the term only applies to Usenet discussions when rightwingers are the target. It's okay when rightwingers try to pin it on liberals.

That's why Rush can routinely use the term "feminazi", why Grover Norquist, a White House insider can compare the estate tax to the Holocaust, why Murdoch's New York Post can describe Howard Dean as a follower of Josef Goebbels, accuse him of "looking for his Leni Riefenstahl," and call his supporters "the Internet Gestapo" and compare them to "Hitler's brownshirts."

It's actually funny when they get all huffy about it! Very Happy

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you explain the lack of any claims for warcrimes as being commonplace by the current government of Vietnam? No support for such a contention in the archives in Hanoi (which are amazing detailed, and show that the Communists actively documented the war far more than did the Americans or the South)?

I don't buy it. Sounds like historical revisionism to me.
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenjerk:

I knew it, your a former Enron executive. Or you believe that the Fastow's should have gotten John Kerry's medals. Glad to hear your investments are doing so well. The dow just dipped below 10,000 and the people I work with (people who actually WORK for a living) are all complaining about how much their company 401-K's are disappearing. But, then again, they don't have a lot of spare time to do their "day-trading" like you elitist Republikans. Go ahead, vote for the self admitted coke-sniffing, alcoholic, draft-dodger. You wouldn't want to vote for a war hero who served his country with honor and dignity because you have no honor or dignity. The more people like you who vote for the draft-dodger, the more ironic enjoyment I receive in my life. As to Frau Eva, your sadly just another reactionary, if indeed you once supported the Jesse Jackson's Rainbows. What is going on? Do all you people listen to that little pill popping junky, Rush? How about thinking for yourself for once in your lives.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
How do you explain the lack of any claims for warcrimes as being commonplace by the current government of Vietnam? No support for such a contention in the archives in Hanoi (which are amazing detailed, and show that the Communists actively documented the war far more than did the Americans or the South)?

I don't buy it. Sounds like historical revisionism to me.

Well, Sparky. Learn Vietnamese and go do the research. I did. Sounds to me like you are only interested in the history that matches your bias.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Greenjerk:

I knew it, your a former Enron executive. Or you believe that the Fastow's should have gotten John Kerry's medals. Glad to hear your investments are doing so well. The dow just dipped below 10,000 and the people I work with (people who actually WORK for a living) are all complaining about how much their company 401-K's are disappearing. But, then again, they don't have a lot of spare time to do their "day-trading" like you elitist Republikans. Go ahead, vote for the self admitted coke-sniffing, alcoholic, draft-dodger. You wouldn't want to vote for a war hero who served his country with honor and dignity because you have no honor or dignity. The more people like you who vote for the draft-dodger, the more ironic enjoyment I receive in my life. As to Frau Eva, your sadly just another reactionary, if indeed you once supported the Jesse Jackson's Rainbows. What is going on? Do all you people listen to that little pill popping junky, Rush? How about thinking for yourself for once in your lives.

Hey Hedges? F&ck off. I spent a good part of my life wearing the green, helping people around the world. Still do, just not wearing green anymore. You know what that motto that is my signature means? Obviously not. You are a waste of oxygen. As for your working friends? They have jobs, they have 401Ks. Come over to SE Asia and let me introduce you to some of the people who John Kerry's actions helped to make refugees. The ones who scrap to have some rice to eat, who live in relocation camps, the ones who watched their lives torn from them, families murdered, forced to move from lands they had lived on for generations. You f'ng hypocrite.

Pom ru kon meuen khun. Eee Hee-a.
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Green for Brains;

58,000 good, decent, patriotic, young Americans gave the ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam. They died for NOTHING for good little bundhists like you. Just like 750 good, decent, patriotic, young Americans have sacrificed themselves for Republikan hate-mongering morons like you (but at least your portfolio is doing well). I know the families of those soldiers would like to thank you, so much. You and others of your ilk have saved us from all those Iraqi terrorists.

And a little Vietnamese for you. Chinga su madre.
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
#1. For 25 years, you republikans have beat us Democrats over the head with your "Balanced Budget Amendment". When we finally got it, and balanced the budget under Clinton, YOU republikans all of a sudden said, "Reagan proved we don't need to balance the budget". (Dick (head) Cheney. Your grand children, and their grand children will be paying off George Dubya Bush's deficits for decades.

Which party was in control of the House/Senate from the late 70's until the early 90's? Which party in congress actually got the issue resolved as you cleaim? I'm not even going to get into the realities of what the "Balanced Budget" was, but you seem to have forgotten to look at a history book.

Quote:
#2. Even Repulikans like you are quoted as saying that the war in Iraq (as opposed to the war against terror) is the biggest strategic mistake in the history of the republikan party.

Says you. That counts for a lot.

Quote:
#3. Iran will have "the bomb" in 6 months. When Iran has the bomb Al-Quaeda will have the bomb. Aidios San Antonio or Phoenix or my home town, Denver. If Bush hadn't screwed up the Iraq situation, we could have found some allies to help us against the real threat, Iran. Nobody will even return Dubya's telephone calls now.

And they developed that capacity when? How? You're saying that they developed that capacity in the last 3 years, from inception to present day are you? We were able to build ourfirst bomb in just over 3 1/2 years because we put 250,000 or so people to work full time on it. You think that is the route that Iran is taking? I'd say they were working on it for longer than 3 years, more like 10, and I'd also say that Saddam was more of the motivation for that program than we were.

Quote:
#4. Being a Republican, you idiot, I guess you don't have to worry about your retirement. In case you do, then you are aware that your IRA or 401-k has disappeared in the last 3 months, not to mention in the last 4 years. Are you better off today than when that pervert Clinton was President? If you say yes, then you're just another Republikan liar.

Actually, yes I am. You fail to see some realities: Whose SEC and DOJ did the rampant fraud and abuse occur under? Whose SEC and DOJ has been prosecuting the offenders?

Other issues aside, if your 401k has disappeared, it is because of poor managment by you and your fund manager. Face it, you got suckered into buying some crummy little dotbomb stock that was nothing more than a web page, and between that and putting all of your leftovers into your own company stock, you made some crummy decisions. My father did the same thing, despite my best advice to the contrary. Fortunately he started listening in time before he lost everything.

As for using the K in Republican. I'm just going to make a SWAG here and say it's becasue "Republicans are just like the Klan?" I love that one. Take a look at the rolls of Congress and tell me, which party has a sitting member that was a Klansman? YEP! The Democrats! Sen. Robert Byrd, who has graced us with using the "N" word at least 3 times in recent memory on the FLOOR OF THE UNITED STATES SENATE!

Which party has a sitting member of Congress who described MAHATMA GHANDI WORKING IN A 7-11 STORE!? Yep, you guessed it! Democrats! (Youdid guess Democrat right?)

Which party had one of its leaders step down after making a half-witted statement that was pounced on by the press in all forms? (BTW, I agree that he needed to step down after that one, minor faux pas or not). Republican!

Which party had a senior member recently make parallel statements to everyones favorite sitting Klan member cum Senator which were virtually ignored by the same group of Democrats that were so outraged at the formers statements? Oooh, Senator Dodd, Democrat!

Nice points you tried to make though.

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Hey, Green for Brains;

58,000 good, decent, patriotic, young Americans gave the ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam. They died for NOTHING for good little bundhists like you. Just like 750 good, decent, patriotic, young Americans have sacrificed themselves for Republikan hate-mongering morons like you (but at least your portfolio is doing well). I know the families of those soldiers would like to thank you, so much. You and others of your ilk have saved us from all those Iraqi terrorists.

And a little Vietnamese for you. Chinga su madre.

Wow, racism, classism, and vulgarity all in one post.

Good job! REPRESENT THOSE DEMOCRATS BUBBA!!!

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
It's actually funny when they get all huffy about it! Very Happy

Who's huffy? Wink

I'm not easily insulted by racist azzhats. I was laughing the whole time I wrote that.
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason:

Ihave all the answers to your questions: Newt Gingrich, Trent Lott, Strom Thurmond, and David Duke. I hope I win a large cash prize that I can send to the Green-brained moron. He wants to invest in Dubya's successful oil company Harkin!!! Signing-off for tonite, I am having way too much fun. See you tomorrow.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Ihave all the answers to your questions: Newt Gingrich, Trent Lott, Strom Thurmond, and David Duke.

Too bad they're not all the CORRECT answers to the questions.
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frau Eva:

You're right, I left out Jesse Helms.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Frau Eva:

You're right, I left out Jesse Helms.

Nope - Hillary Clinton.

And Robert KKK Byrd.

The history of racism in the democratic party is well documented - perhaps you'd like some links to go with all those waffles? Wink
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those rightwingers here who find the Republic of Vietnam a credible source Laughing , here are a few quotes from their website:

Quote:
During the US war in Vietnam, known as the Vietnam War, nearly 3 million Vietnamese were killed, with about 300,000 still unaccounted for to date; more than 4 million injured. According to the US Department of Defense figures, from 1961 to 1971, up to 72 million litters of defoliants, consisting of 45 millions of Agent Orange, were sprayed over Vietnam, causing loss of 43 million cubic meters of merchandise wood. 26 years after the war ended, more than 2 million Vietnamese remain dioxin-affected.

http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/news/newsitem.php3?datestamp=20011002154118
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, Sparky. Learn Vietnamese and go do the research. I did. Sounds to me like you are only interested in the history that matches your bias.

Awww, I actually thought you had a few links. Sorry if I don't take your word for it. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: