SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Archives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stcromwell99 wrote:
The final batch:
(I'm amazed I could get these all in my AOL ftp site) Smile

(I Know for a fact that these pages are mixed up. They were lying loose in the box so I scanned them in order I found them. If you see a later page out of order tell me which one(s) and I will rename it to follow the 1st page, i.e. 001b, 001c, ect.)

You're missing #62. And these are the best scans I've seen anywhere. That's really well done. I sure wish you could scan in some of those FEB and MAR documents, as well. Some are practically illegible. And the way you did it would provide enough info for people to use their graphics programs to boost the contrast.

I asked elsewhere, but these appear to be carbon copies, with the blue ink?
stcromwell99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Geano"]Way to go stcromwell99! filling in blanks!!! Very Happy

sevry wrote:
I asked elsewhere, but these appear to be carbon copies, with the blue ink?

I scanned in color so as to get the feel of the original and did no correction to them. Some were very light... but blue type yes.

The bandit wrote:
Captains Quaters wrote about one of the files you found already! Unfortuantly he gave me all the credit for all you and Mary's work Crying or Very sad

Not a problem... and if you think I'VE got good stuff after scanning for three hours... just wait till you see what Mary's got!!! She's been there four or five times now for the whole day.
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you mean RHMCSDE0025, Page 2, 3) then it seems to me that isn't describing Kerry's 'charge the ambush' method, but merely the way troops got on and off either on a beach or a high muddy riverbank. The PCFs beached, slightly, correct? Or am I missing something there?

My concern with the wording. However, if these were "seach and destroy" missions as the document indicates, it makes sense to attack the ambush, since then the troops would be supported by the PCFs firepower. Again it doesn't disprove that Kerry was innovative, but it reduces the probabilities.

Bernie[/quote]
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The linked "reports" are blue because they are "ditto" copies of teletype messages. We didn't have xerography copy machines in the 60's (CBS take note). Multiple copies were made by "cutting" a ditto master by retyping or running the punched tape of the message produced by the teletype machine, or a combination of the two, and running off as many as you needed. The faint copies are from the end of a long run when the ink was about gone from the ditto master. Seeing those great color copies, I can almost smell the ditto fluid from my days (and nights!) standing teletype watches for COMPHIBGRU 3 in '65 asnd '66.

Last edited by William on Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stcromwell99 wrote:
Not a problem... and if you think I'VE got good stuff after scanning for three hours... just wait till you see what Mary's got!!! She's been there four or five times now for the whole day.

Holy cow.....and here I thought for some strange reason this was it!!!!! Silly me......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question...........

were there any documents at the Naval Archive pertaining to the Boston Whaler incident?
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty, I could be wrong, but with 8-10 days of copying, I'll bet the volunteers don't know what they have, yet. Wink

GREAT JOB, VOLUNTEERS!!!!

Now, to get it all scanned and uploaded - oh my! I get a headache just thinking about it. Shocked
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin Note:

To the Forum:

Please be aware that these wholesale deletions are not being done by forum staff but by Navy Chief.

Thanks
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Admin Note:

To the Forum:

Please be aware that these wholesale deletions are not being done by forum staff but by Navy Chief.

Thanks

Hope he's alright. But I can't imagine why he'd actually delete however many messages.
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevry wrote:
Quote:
Hope he's alright. But I can't imagine why he'd actually delete however many messages.

NavyChief is a great asset in helping all of us to devine the truth. I hope he's not getting the Al French treatment!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's not it. Best to PM him and ask about it.
TXBear
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the scanned files can be found on Bandit's Hideout.

http://idexer.com/forum/index.php?sid=c49483eb95dc538f21df998f4513dfde&PHPSESSID=47b799d0762d7afa5354f6abc837b2f2
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pretty good idea why he put this under wraps. I hope I'm right, and if so - go get him, Chief. Neck or nothing. Wink
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly agree.....he obviously had the 2cents and I suspect things may be picking up at breakneck speed where "prying" eyes did not have a "need-to-know".

When the time comes...we'll all know.....heck...it's only 42 days 'till the election so it can't be that long before we'll know.....

This was a HUGE project undertaken by some people and by posting the analysis for the Kerry camp to debunk ahead of time would be just shooting those folks in the feet.

Great Americans they are I'll say. I lift my Pepsi to y'all....that's for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is coming up must be really good, because I wasn't expecting the Paris ad so soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: