SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Middendorf comments on Kerry Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
Mandawg actually I said the PA protects Kerry. It is the information in the documents that is protected not just the actual release of the documents.

that's the gist of the matter. Mittendorf wouldn't be releasing any info, or documents.
he could state that he refused to sign off on a revised discharge. or having ok'ed any revision to his records.
that doesn't reveal any info on kerry, just that the SecNav refused to sign any items pretaining to him.

granted, it skates on a fine point in law but remember Carter's couched phrase?

"i can promise you, i will NEVER issue a BLANKET pardon for ANY group!"
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt see anything from the Washington Times Nov. 2nd Edition about the discharge story....Thought it was stated previously something was supposed to come out. Maybe it was the NY Sun?
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5:04 on the East Coast. No sign of a discharge story in either the WA Times or NY Sun.
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after i've thought about it the anger rises like acid!

this Middendorf, while he was SecNav expected his men to respect him, to fight and die obeying his orders and he can't be brave enough to step up for the guys he once ordered into battle??

what kind of respect does he deserve now? some will say he did a brave thing by saying what he did.
i say the truth was coming out and he was caught in it too and now he's just covering for himself.
if it's uncomfortably for him, just how soft did those poor kids have dying?

guys DIED under his command! he can't help them now, because of a privacy law that was put in place to protect a law-breaker?

mod: if this is too strident, i apologize to the board... but not to Middendorf (remove at your discrepancy)
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One observation.

Had everyone in the US during the 1950s and 1960s followed the letter of the law, we might well still have Jim Crow laws on the books in much of the South. The Civil Rights movement of that era relied on civil disobedience. The moral justification was that the greater good was served by nonviolent noncompliance.

Sometimes it is morally correct to violate the law. Those times are indeed rare, but they do exist.

In my opinion, this was such a time. I wish that we'd have seen one key individual with the guts to put the nation before self.

Last edited by Hondo on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fantasy Dream Dancer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me... or does Kerry look like he wants to bite his nails here... or perhaps pick his nose??? Shocked
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, Hondo. Well said.

Well. I could speak about the *qualities* it usually takes to be a military man and a high ranking politician Twisted Evil But I ain't gonna go there.

Nope. Not here, anyway.
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep this story alive. Now that the MSM isn't actively working to get Kerry elected, they might think that this story is worth pursuing.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this looks like the juciest story out there, they'll cover it. The slime merchants are now temporarily unemployed and looking for the "next big story", and they hate a loser. Wink
The time is ripe.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for them to decide the "Exit Polling Problem" was misinformation from the Kerry Campaign.
That will start the anal exam. Laughing Laughing
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be looking for scapegoats to blame the Democratic loss on. It wouldn't hurt to start planting the seed that they started with a flawed candidate who nobody knew about because of the media cover up. From that point of realization, everything will just F-L-o-w downhill.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker

Exactly! Soft-sell the idea that Kerry was "unelectable" because it's common knowledge that he was a Communist sympathizer and lied to Congress. Let them do the folow-up. They'll be demanding Kerry's records in no time, and when he balks, they'll go ballistic. That's the smart way to proceed, pit Kerry against the MSM.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when a plan comes together. Smile
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Middendorf would come out and say something, I have no doubt the Kerry law team would swarm in like you wouldnt believe. Just check out what the are doing with the FOIA request for David Alston and you get the way they behave...and this is an FOIA http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1189#1189
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Kerry's lawyers try that with Fox, CBS, NBC or CNN and you'll see reporters swarm onto those records like maggots. They love a cover-up. They can get away with tactics like that against a Web site (maybe), but they can't butt heads with the MSM once the "reporters" smell a good story. I understand your point, though. That's why I said soft-sell it to the MSM and let them carry the story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: