SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:
Let O'Neill tell the Rassman storey!!!!

Rassmann is NOT the issue. KERRY is the issue. Keep your eye on the ball!

My point is that Bill has dismissed this story from the start and insisted that Kerry was a hero for saving this guy's life. He could have at least let O'Neill finish telling the SwiftVets version. There wasn't much let to be said, and Bill cut him off.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's straddling the fence....

ouch! you're gonna fall off O'Reilly
Ms Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very glad to see this thread, and much more glad to see that BOR was being civil and a bit less spin-dizzy than usual...

It almost makes me wish I had watched the show, but BOR went off my "to be watched" list a couple months ago.

Sounds like Mr. O'Neill settled BOR's hash quite nicely!

-- Ms. Cat
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR just did what he had to do to prove that he can be fair if he needs to be. He still treated the issue as trivial when he should be spitting nails about what Kerry did in 1971. BOR doesn't know what being a Patriot really is. It certainly isn't just flying a flag on Memorial day. It is about loyalty, trust, duty and honor, none of which Kerry has or is.
minnie presley
Commander

Laughing
Nathanyl
PO3

I think that's about the best that could be expected and a large improvement over his orginal assessment of the swifties. Also he did recommend people read the book!
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neil was very good.

However the oppurtunity to ask for the Form 180 was missed.

Second, regarding the Rassmann story. One and half hours at the scene and the enemy has the element of surprise yet no one was shot. That could have been followed by a "C'mon Bill, really no one shot?"
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all do stupid things when we're young.... Riiiiiigggghhhhttt, Bill......

So why is John Kerry repeating his slander and lies and anti-war propaganda this year, in his campaign biography, Tour of Duty?

Why did he say as recently as a week or so ago that he stands by his actions as a young man?

It wasn't just a matter of protesting the war.

It wasn't just a matter of youthful ignorance.

It was willful, wanton destruction of the reputation of the US Armed Forces and propagation of the Communist Party's disinformation.

For personal, political gain.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the most important part. Recommending that people read the book is a stealth endorsement by O'Reilly...which was about as good as he could give after his previous unfortunate statements.

I think that BOR wants Kerry on his show...and if he had endorsed the SBVT w/o qualification, he could have kissed any chance of a Kerry appearence good-bye.

Truth is Beauty
bach04
Lieutenant

Surpised that OReilly gave Mr. O'neil some time to discuss his position, rather than going off like when he did with Mr. Gardner. Maybe once he finally read the book, he must have realized that it was based on well documented research and data. Also he must have realized that if he treated Mr. O'Neil with any disrespect, he would be overwhelmed with emails and criticisms.

OReilly should not be given too much credit. He cares about nobody except for himself.
hopeful
Seaman Recruit

Geeeezzzzz!!!!!!

Do all you guys have laptops that you use during the telecast? Wow! I have never seen such quick responses.

O'Reilly is in deep sh*t and he knows it. He just got the chance to read and analize the book? He is really at the leading edge! I got the book on the day it was on the book shelves and already have 3 friends who have read it.

I told my wife tonight that that was the last time she has to suffer through a bor show. I use to enjoy him until his stance on the Swifties.

He is disingenous.

O'Niell was great as ever.

p. s. I'm writing bor and telling him it is already too late. Let's see where his ratings go now.
SooZQ
PO2

sdonians worte:[quote think Mr. O'neil won the Civility of the discussion. WOW he does such an outstanding job][/quote]

The guy is definately a self important, thinly vieled Kerry supporter, BUT
I believe everytime John O'Neill gets an opportunity to be heard, he outshines even the stupidest talking head! Each appearance brings
attention and credibility to the Swift Boat Vets!

Kudos John!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don`t buy his book, his products or be a premium member and for God`s sake don`t watch his show. Next to Kerry and Geraldo he is the biggest phony out there.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill totally ignored the statement about Kerry meeting with the N Vietnamese while still in Navy uniform. . .
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Quick observation Reply with quote

I caught the last ten minutes or so of O'Reilly interviewing O'Neill. I will catch the whole interview later. My impression is that O'Reilly remains a pathetic apologist for Kerry and John, who I have tremendous respect for, was a little too sheepish compared to some of his other interviews especially with a guy who called him a smear merchant. O'Reilly's characterization of Kerry's anti-war activities as youthful indiscretions which could be handled with a simple "I'm sorry" was a complete joke. I'm done watching O'Reilly and will be sending him an email naming him the phony of the year. I hope others will do the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18

Jump to: