SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still in awe of John O'Neil. He got in the truth about John Kerry and his meeting with the North Vietnamese. That is something that needs to be pounded, and John knows it and is the man to do it.

Thanks again, John. And although I am still major PO'ed, O'Reilly you at least read the book and your "research" didn't contradict anything. At least you did that much after doing so much gratuitous and uninformed trashing of honorable men.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think we may have seen was a Talk show host
1) bring a polite man on, who was armed with facts and reasonable opinions,
2) allowing the talk show host to look good, while not allowing any point to be shot down,
3) which allows the talk show host more time to "do research",
4) while watching the wind direction, to
5) eventually come around, and point out how careful he was to look out for us.

BOR will just be 1/2 step ahead of the MSM, which is pulling the same stunts.
swiftsocks
Seaman Recruit

I so completely agree....why isnt Kerry answering these questions ?
DaveL
Commander

manofaiki wrote:
He did say that he didn't like how the 'idealogues' had used the book, but still endorsed it.

I kept waiting for Bill to say something about the miserable treatment of the SBVTs by the MSM and the dem pundits...much worse than anything ever said by the so called "idealogues" that support our position!
NortonPete
PO2

jack white wrote:
I am still in awe of John O'Neil. He got in the truth about John Kerry and his meeting with the North Vietnamese. That is something that needs to be pounded, and John knows it and is the man to do it.

Thanks again, John. And although I am still major PO'ed, O'Reilly you at least read the book and your "research" didn't contradict anything. At least you did that much after doing so much gratuitous and uninformed trashing of honorable men.

I second the thoughts in this post.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4. Bill said he liked the book, and recommended that people read it and make up their own minds. Concession #4.

This is the biggie. The more people that READ the book and UNDERSTAND the issues, the better off we are. Word of mouth is a powerful force, and one educated and informed person can sway an argument, and alter opinions.

The FACTS are there. Anyone with the eyes to see and the ears to hear can analyze the content of Kerry's rhetoric.

And wonder WHY he won't answer the questions. Or meet the press. Or let his BoB talk to the media.

Who is being evasive? Who is being forthright? Who hasn't changed their story? Who isn't ducking the issues?

This campaign is like making a good pot of chili. It takes care to select the ingredients, time to prepare them, sear -- sear the beef, and into the pot. Bring to a rapid boil, then lower the heat to a long, slow simmer.

And we haven't even gotten to the good part yet!
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
bach04
Lieutenant

Polaris wrote:

I think that BOR wants Kerry on his show...and if he had endorsed the SBVT w/o qualification, he could have kissed any chance of a Kerry appearence good-bye.

I really doubt that mr. kerry will show up on BOR. He hasn't shown his face on any media outlet for over a month now. He wouldn't come on the most liberal of new sites to be interviewed, let alone a pseudoconservative broadcast like BOR. I think that that was just a lame pitch for himself, to make himself as "fair and balanced" - no more, no less.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

the0point wrote:
BOR is lost. Kerry did stupid things in his youth? BOR doesn't seem to remember that soldiers DIED!!! That MILLIONS of Vietnamese and Cambodians DIED!!! He is so morally bankrupt just to get ratings...it's dizzying.

He also seemed to overlook that it was Kerry himself who made it a current event by trying to exploit it.
jack white
Seaman

The best I can say about Bill O'Reilly is that he isn't as bad as Chris Matthews--when the wind shifts, at least.
arymann
PO3

Did you notice that Bill just decided that Fox can probably get a copy of the Dick Cavett debate and said it would be interesting to watch? I guess if it took him this long to read the book, he's not had much time to look into the rest. This stuff is out there and easy to find, especially when you have his research staff. BOR wasn't as prepared as he should have been.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre wrote:
the0point wrote:
BOR is lost. Kerry did stupid things in his youth? BOR doesn't seem to remember that soldiers DIED!!! That MILLIONS of Vietnamese and Cambodians DIED!!! He is so morally bankrupt just to get ratings...it's dizzying.

He also seemed to overlook that it was Kerry himself who made it a current event by trying to exploit it.

Expect BOR to do some more "research" and "discover" that O'Neill may have some points. Like maybe how Kerry hasn't changed his positions all that much, except for the rhetoric.
swiftsocks
Seaman Recruit

Forgot to mention.......

OReilly saying he will ask Kerry when he has him on the Factor.......LOL !

If BOR EVER had any hopes of getting Kerry to come on his show. letting him know he plans to ask him if ONeil is lying....is the kiss of death. Kerry will be leaving skid marks now.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

Nomorelies wrote:
BOR just did what he had to do to prove that he can be fair if he needs to be. He still treated the issue as trivial when he should be spitting nails about what Kerry did in 1971. BOR doesn't know what being a Patriot really is. It certainly isn't just flying a flag on Memorial day. It is about loyalty, trust, duty and honor, none of which Kerry has or is.

Thank you. You said what I was thinking, but couldn't get into my computer.
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, to be fair, read what Bill O'Reilly wrote awhile back when the DEm's were howling about the SBVT ads:

Selective Media Outrage Over Swift Boat Ads

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

By Bill O'Reilly

You reap what you sow.

I believe very strongly in karma (search). What goes around, comes around. For the past year, smear merchants on the left have spent tens of millions of dollars defaming people with whom they disagree. Since I have been a primary target of the smearing, I know what I'm talking about here.

George Soros (search) and his character assassins, aided by major media, like The New York Times and The Los Angeles Times have spread vicious propaganda. And prominent Democrats, like Howard Dean (search) have even used the slander in their campaigns.

Michael Moore was a hero at the Democratic convention. And Whoopi Goldberg was not denounced by the Democratic Party after her disgraceful performance at the Kerry fund-raiser here in New York City.

But now, now the left is outraged over the Swift Boat deal. For example, Maureen Dowd (search), a columnist for The New York Times, is disgusted by these personal attacks. Well, Miss Dowd, where was your outrage over the smear tactics of Soros? Where was your condemnation of the distortions in the Michael Moore movie? You have no right, madam, to say anything about this issue, and neither does the newspaper which employs you.

"Talking Points" believes the personal attacks on both John Kerry and President Bush are wrong. I agree with Mr. Bush that Kerry's Vietnam service was noble. And I believe that the president and the senator are both patriots.

But rank hypocrisy is not going to play here in the no-spin zone. I pinpointed Maureen Dowd, but there are hundreds of other media types who embrace the worst kind of defamation from the left and are now indignant about the swift boat controversy. Again, you people have no right to say anything. You went to the slander party, and it's part of your resume forever.

The truth about the swift boat deal is this. Many Americans don't want to know the truth. They just want their ideology reinforced on both sides. The Washington Post has done the best reporting on the issue. And its conclusion is we'll never know the truth about Kerry's service. Too many conflicting reports. And it doesn't matter anyway. He volunteered for combat. He got his medals. That's the record.

What Kerry did after he returned home from Vietnam is another matter. That's a legitimate campaign issue. And the senator should address it. But the left wing media has forfeited all credibility in this fight. You can't throw mud and then claim clean hands. Just go back and read the glowing reviews of the smear books and the films in your local newspapers. That will tell you all you need to know about the swift boat hypocrisy. And that's the memo.

end memo

C'mon guys, after watching and listening to Bill O'Reilly expose the liberal nitwits NOT TAKING THE WAR ON TERROR SERIOUSLY do you REALLY believe he's going to vote for Kerry?

I've watched the guy since before the Iraq war. He's gonna be like John McCain. I like kerry, he's my friend.........but I'm voting for bush.

of course, Bill is not going to say that on the air.

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Geeeezzzzz!!!!!!

Do all you guys have laptops that you use during the telecast? Wow! I have never seen such quick responses.

Some of us have NO Real Life, and just pop open a window to the cable channel and watch it while we post.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: