SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steve Nash, the phony Seal hunter, on John Kerry's military
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it would help if we assigned this task to a number of people who are known qualities on this forum.

The key information is date of enlistment. I opened at looked at 4 and discarded them in 5 minutes. This review job is approximately 4 hours to mark the ones that are possibly Kerry versus those that definitely are not.

I could do this tomorrow -- but have to work today.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do the 100 reports starting from the bottom of the list. In most cases you can tell from the first two paragraphs if it is of interest. We are looking for a review which changes the discharge from "something" to Honorable. Most I have seen so far the board has declined to change to Honorable.

We just need 10 other volunteers to get this thing done. Very Happy

http://www.thewebplace.com/
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Steve Nash, the phony Seal hunter, on John Kerry's military Reply with quote

Steve Nash wrote:
...required to attend 48 drills per year, and not more than 17 days active duty...

The 6,000 or so members of this site know they've been hammering on Bush's ANG drill records to divert the heat from Kerry's record. Most of us also made the consequential leap that "something" is wrong with Kerry's records. The question is how to make millions of voters aware and force him to sign Form 180. If Steve is able to prove his discharge was anything less than honorable, checkmate! Even the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media, pka MSM) will be forced to splash it front page! This needs support from everyone!
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we crashed their server. I have completed about 60 records so far. Not yet a single upgrade to Honorable. I'll keep trying.

http://www.thewebplace.com/
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: BCNR Reply with quote

I think the Naval Corrections website is the place to also be looking, as they handle the cases older than 15 years. http://boards.law.af.mil/ I power searched using Gridley, the medal dates, medal names, and have drawn blanks though, with some matches but none that panned out. Searching for Gridley draws a complete blank on both websites, but it should be in his summary of service if he went through these boards for changes. It looks to me like Kerry used his clout as Senator and backdoored the system somehow.
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got all 2880 records (1 gigabyte of files that include all of 1999, 2000 and 2001) downloaded from the Naval Discharge Review Board. Nothing is coming up in my searches and I've examined lots of individual documents for possible hits.

I'm now collecting everything from the Board for Correction of Naval Records and hopefully I'll have everything done and searched by the end of the day.
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial review of a few documents 308, 309, 310, 100332 indicate either Marine Corps, or wrong enlistment dates. I guess if we can eliminate a few of these at a time we will find the records that may be Kerry by Oct. 1.

All we need to do is match branch of service and service dates to narrow our field.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have access to this system???

N01000-1

System name:

Correction Board Case Files System (April 24, 1997, 62 FR 19994).

System location:

Primary location: Board for Correction of Naval Records, Room 2432, 2 Navy Annex, Washington, DC 20370-5100.

Decentralized segments located in the Bureau of Naval Personnel, 2 Navy Annex, Washington, DC 20370-5001;

Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, 2 Navy Annex, Washington, DC 20380-0001; and, the individual military personnel record of the service member concerned.

Categories of individuals covered by the system:

Any member or former member of the U.S. Navy or Marine Corps who has applied for the correction of his/her naval record.

Categories of records in the system:

Records consist of file cards with basic information and computer records derived therefrom, case files containing records of board proceedings, material submitted for correction and supporting documentation, correspondence and transcripts of board formal hearings. The basic case information and computer records derived therefrom include the following: Rank; Social Security Number/service number; docket number; date application received; subject category; subject category description; examiner's initials; date examiner assigned; branch of service; board decision; date of board decision; date decision promised if interested members of Congress; date case forwarded to the Secretary of the Navy; lineal number of officer applicant; officer designated; date officer case forwarded to Bureau of Naval Personnel/Commandant of the Marine Corps; date officer case returned from Bureau of Naval Personnel/Commandant of the Marine Corps; date advisory opinion requested; identity of advisor's organization; date advisory opinion received; date service record ordered; date medical record ordered; date court-martial record ordered; date confinement record order; date Navy Discharge Review Board record ordered; date other record ordered; date service record received; date medical record received; date court-martial record received; date confinement record received; date Navy Discharge Review Board record received; date other record received; number of Navy applications received; number of Marine Corps applications received; total number of Navy and Marine Corps applications received; percent of total to grand total; total number of Navy discharge cases; total number Marine Corps discharge cases; Navy grant count; Navy deny count; Navy modify count; Marine grant; Marine deny count; Marine modify count.

Authority for maintenance of the system:

10 U.S.C. 1552; 32 CFR part 723; and E.O. 9397 (SSN).

Purpose(s):

To review applicant's Naval record to determine the existence of alleged error or injustice and to recommend appropriate corrective action when warranted - to report its findings, conclusions and recommendations to the Secretary of the Navy in appropriate cases - to respond to inquiries from applicants, their counsel, and members of Congress.

To officials and employees of the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, the Naval Council of Personnel Boards, and the Office of Naval Disability Evaluation for the purpose of obtaining advisory opinions on medical matters.

To provide officials and employees of HQ, U.S. Marine Corps with advisory opinions in cases involving present and former Marine Corps personnel - to correct records of present and former Marine Corps personnel in accordance with approved correction Board decisions.

To officials and employees of the Litigation Division, NJAG, to prepare legal briefs and answers to complaints against the Department of the Navy.

Routine uses of records maintained in the system, including categories of users and the purposes of such uses:

In addition to those disclosures generally permitted under 5 U.S.C. 552a(b) of the Privacy Act, these records or information contained therein may specifically be disclosed outside the DoD as a routine use pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a(b)(3) as follows:

The `Blanket Routine Uses' that appear at the beginning of the Navy's compilation of systems of records notices apply to this system.

Policies and practices for storing, retrieving, accessing, retaining, and disposing of records in the system:

Storage:

Manual and computerized records.

Retrievability:

Last name of the applicant and cross-filed by docket number and Social Security Number.

Safeguards:

Access to building is protected by uniformed security officers requiring positive identification; for admission after hours, records are maintained in areas accessible only to authorized personnel. Computer systems are password protected.

Retention and disposal:

Permanent. After three years, records are retired to the Washington National Records Center, Suitland, MD.

System manager(s) and address:

Executive Director, Board for Correction of Naval Records, Room 2432, 2 Navy Annex, Washington, DC 20370-5100..

Notification procedure:

Individuals seeking to determine whether information about themselves is contained in this system should address written inquiries to the Executive Director, Board for Correction of Naval Records, Room 2432, 2 Navy Annex, Washington, DC 20370-5100.

Individual should provide full name, and Social Security Numbers or service numbers. Visitors should be able to provide proper identity, such as a drivers license. Written requests must be signed by a requester or his/her legal representative.

Record access procedures:

Individuals seeking access to information about themselves contained in this system should address written inquiries to the Executive Director, Board for Correction of Naval Records, Room 2432, 2 Navy Annex, Washington, DC 20370-5100.

Individual should provide name, military status, branch of service and Social Security Number. Current address and telephone numbers should be included. Personal visits may be made only to the Board for Correction of Naval Records, Arlington Annex, Columbia Pike and Southgate Road, Arlington, VA. For personal visits, identification will be required.

Contesting record procedures:

The Navy's rules for accessing records, and for contesting contents and appealing initial agency determinations are published in Secretary of the Navy Instruction 5211.5; 32 CFR part 701; or may be obtained from the system manager.

Record source categories:

All official Naval records, Department of Veterans Affairs and police and law enforcement records.

Exemptions claimed for the system:

None.

SBD
Cuda
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the first to admit that I've never been in the military and I don't know what the military's policies & procedures are when it comes to personnel records & documents, however there is a possible and perfectly innocent explanation for Reporting For Duty's Honorable Discharge having a 2001 date.

I recently had to get a replacement pilot's license. The "issue date" was August 14, 2004- the date I requested the replacement, not the date of my original license which was issued 12 years ago. It could be that Reporting For Duty requested a replacement of his discharge document in 2001 and they dated it according to the date of the replacement request.

That said, I'm sure there must be members of this board who would know if that's a possibility or not
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Steve Nash, the phony Seal hunter, on John Kerry's military Reply with quote

Fantastic research!!!! Let's see if any of the media picks up on it, validates it and presents it to the American public.... where is CBS??? 60 Minutes??? This may be a chance for "some" redemption although Dan Rather and his producer need to go now...

May even Mr. Redstone will visit the website and run with this one...

JK
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has his Honorable Discharge Paper on his website, dated in 1978.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: