SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry was the Boston Strangler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Mr. Greenjeans:

Absolute absurdity. The Islamic Republic of Iran has over 25 nuclear facilities. The Islamic Republic of Iran mines their own uranium. There is a saying in Iran, "There are no lies, only degrees of the truth." Iran lies to the IAEA every day about its nuclear weapons program. You think OBL is hiding in a cave on the Pakistani/Afghanistan border? Its a known fact that OBL is in Tehran under the protection of the Islamic Republic of Iran and probably has dinner every night with President Katami. That is, it's known everywhere except in the USA. Thanks to that military no-nothing Bush, we will never get the support of the international community or the Republican house or senate to address Iran after the incredible strategic mistake of invading Iraq. If you asked Bush today, and could force him to tell the truth for a change, he would turn back the clock, reinstate Saddam and never send troops into Iraq. You say Israel will take care of Iran? Bull crap. The only way Israel can destroy all the nuclear facilities in Iraq is by opening their nuclear arsenal. Anyone who has any military background or knowledge or the most casual awareness of the international situation in the Middle East knows it will take full international cooperation to destroy Irans nuclear capabilities. In six months the Islamic Republic of Iran will have the "bomb". When the Islamic Republic of Iran has the bomb, Al-Qaeda will have the bomb. And then you can kiss it goodbye. We needed to invade Iraq? What arrogant, uninformed stupidity.

Thanks, Hedges. It's nice to see that you are so certain what is known elsewhere in the world. By the way, where do you live? I live in SouthEast Asia, and it isn't known here that OBL is in Iran.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Thanks Buddy. I do respect most of you and understand that there are many deep seeded feelings you have that I will never even begin to understand.

GreenHat
This is from the center left site TNR so take it for what you will. It gives a pretty good rundown of what has happened with the Terrorism experts in the Bush administration.

The only real terrorism experts in the Bush administration (or in the Clinton administration) are people like General Schoomaker, those who have not only studied terrorism, but have been on the ground fighting it, long before 9/11. Richard Clarke isn't one of those. Nor are Colin Powell or Norman Schwartzkopf or any of the other conventional operations Generals. Pay attention to Schoomaker. He knows his stuff.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Richard Clarke isn't one of those

Before Clarke attacked Bush for his failures he was said to be the best in his field by everyone who knew him. Don't listen to the lies spread after he came out. This administration will attack viciously anyone who does not follow their line. Just ask Paul O'Neill and Scott Ritter and Valerie Plame. The last two were on the front lines for many years.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only real terrorism experts in the Bush administration (or in the Clinton administration) are people like General Schoomaker, those who have not only studied terrorism, but have been on the ground fighting it, long before 9/11. Richard Clarke isn't one of those

Something just dawned on me re: this comment. If none of the 5 guys listed in my original comment know anything about terrorism, why did Bush hire them? If this admin is hiring people who don't know what they are doing, isn't that a terrible indictment of incompatence?
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy:

2nd Class QM. Thanks for keeping my people free. I owe you and others of your ilk a debt of gratitude. 58,000 died for NOTHING in Vietnam. Thanks alot. GWB is an alcoholic, coke-sniffing, draft-dodger. Thanks for voting for an alcoholic, coke-sniffing draft-dodger over a war hero like Senator Kerry. Lets just get the facts strait. You are a Republican. And you would vote for Adolph Hitler before you would vote for Senator Kerry, a Vietnam veteran and war hero. End of story.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was helpfull.
Buddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedges, are the poster boy for the Kerry Campaign? Now some of you other folks who are thinking of voting for Mr. Kerry, is hedges someone you want on your side?
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy:

"Hedges are the poster boy for the Kerry campaign." Excuse me, I don't quite understand that. Are you speaking in the English language? Or is this some secret Republican pig latin?
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedges is no more the poster boy for the Kerry campaign than any Free Republic person is the poster boy for Bush.
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mikest.

Hedges
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green for Brains:

Wow, you really live in southeast Asia? Since we automatically know that anyone who lives in Southeast asia knows more than anyone who lives in North America, that defeats my entire argument that OBL is in Tehran!!!!! Sorry for wasting your time Green. Of course, you are right, and everybody else on the planet is wrong.

Not!
Crash999
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2nd Class QM. Thanks for keeping my people free. I owe you and others of your ilk a debt of gratitude. 58,000 died for NOTHING in Vietnam. Thanks alot. GWB is an alcoholic, coke-sniffing, draft-dodger. Thanks for voting for an alcoholic, coke-sniffing draft-dodger over a war hero like Senator Kerry. Lets just get the facts strait. You are a Republican. And you would vote for Adolph Hitler before you would vote for Senator Kerry, a Vietnam veteran and war hero. End of story.

Whoah, easy there!

Problem here is the extremist views on both sides, from people with absolutely no connection to the war in Vietnam.

Sure, Bush may have pulled strings to get out of harm's way and disappeared for a while. And sure, Kerry may have been 'opportunist', difficult to control, and took too much pride in his purple hearts.

But I bet many of us in this forum (with the exception of a notable few) have no idea how we would all react if we were in the same position as these guys.

It's easy to say, "I'd go over and fight for my country in a heartbeat" when the prospect of actually doing so is so far away. But I tell you, if you are actually facing the situation of going into a conflict where tens of thousands of soldiers have already died, you might think twice.

Hence I think it's pointless to put blame on Bush for avoiding the conflict or Kerry for being opportunist. These are events that took place 30 years ago in a country that is now over the war and looking to the future.

Let's fast foward to the present and concentrate on what's best for America *today* and stop nit-picking.
Crash999
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Wow, you really live in southeast Asia? Since we automatically know that anyone who lives in Southeast asia knows more than anyone who lives in North America, that defeats my entire argument that OBL is in Tehran!!!!! Sorry for wasting your time Green. Of course, you are right, and everybody else on the planet is wrong.

Where's the evidence that OBL is in Tehran and how is it more compelling than the evidence that OBL is in Pakistan or simply dead?
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crash999:

I have to say, you are 99.9% right. In 1972 I was in the draft lottery. Unfortunately for me, it was the only lottery I've ever won. My selection for October 25, 1953 was draft #9. In September,1972 I went for my preinduction physical. I was 4 lbs. over the minimum weight, and they told me that I should prepare to enter the army in January, 1973. In 1/73, Nixon said that we would have no draft until March. In March, Nixon said there would be no draft until June, 1973, when the draft law ran out. I was looking at joining the Navy or Coast Guard to avoid the Army in Vietnam. George W. Bush was doing the same thing by joining the Texas Air National Guard. I respect George W. Bush, who entered the Texas Air National Guard, thanks to his father, for being a draft dodger like me. However, I wonder how all of you Republicans feel about that? My opinion, for what it is worth, is that the Vietnam war was wrong. Like Ronald Reagan, and George Bush, Sr. I thought that the Vietnam war, run by politicians and for politicians, was wrong. Senator John Kerry, after serving in harms way, came to the same conclusion. I apologize if that offends you, because you were really there. I, thank God, I wasn't.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Quote:
Richard Clarke isn't one of those

Before Clarke attacked Bush for his failures he was said to be the best in his field by everyone who knew him.

Clarke has never met a terrorist. Never dealt with one, never interrogated one, never done anything but study them.

Sorry, but I don't consider him an expert. Those who have experience actually dealing with terrorists, they are the experts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: