SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry didn't mind the lights in the POWs faces when they were being questioned .
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be biting my fingernails (well, more like scribbling madly in my class notebook). I won't be watching the debate since I have to be in class and I definitely won't be checking any of my favorite blogs. Hubby's going to report to me when I get home. One thing I definitely will be doing, is praying for W fervently.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best thing that can happen is for the Kerry team to dismantle his light and for the Bush team to leave the President's in place and working. This would reinforce with every question asked that the President honors his word and Kerry doesn't.

Nalt
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: *** The Debate Topic - Please Comment HERE *** Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
...One of the current President Bush's challenges, and it's a problem for many incumbents, is that "once you're in office, you're used to people being nice to you,'' said Martin. "Then, there you are in the debate and that person isn't there to be nice.''...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-debate30.html

[/quote]

Excuse me but when has anyone been nice to President Bush during the last four years? Excluding a day or two after 9/11 --- the barking moonbats have been after President Bush since 2000 with more hatred and venom than I have seen in my lifetime against anyone --- including the rapist Clinton (I believe Juanita Broderick).
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Lights Out Reply with quote

Poor little Johnny, can't stand a little light in his face!

You've gotta be kidding--how many times has Kerry had all sorts of flash bulbs going off from press photographers throughout the campaign? And whatever gave him that great tan in the searing autumn sun in Wisconsin, wasn't that rather bright?

Kerry just doesn't want people to know that it takes too long to explain his four (or more) stands on every issue, much longer than it takes Bush to explain his one position! Kerry doesn't know how to make a long story short...

Maybe Kerry could win the Bill O'Reilly Bloviator-in-Chief award!
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lights Out Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
And whatever gave him that great tan in the searing autumn sun in Wisconsin, wasn't that rather bright?

Kerry just doesn't want people to know that it takes too long to explain his four (or more) stands on every issue, much longer than it takes Bush to explain his one position! Kerry doesn't know how to make a long story short...

I live in Wisconsin, and am fair skinned (like Kerry). I couldn't get that tan (in the last 2-3 weeks the "fall" sun) if I stayed out in the afternoon sun here right now for FOUR hours!!!

I think they should let Kerry talk for as long as he needs.... he usually ends up confusing himself and his audience, the longer he goes on (see the Diane Sawyer yesterday for a GREAT example!) Laughing

Maybe wire him up to the light, and when it comes on, he gets a jolt from the electrical current too!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
kmudd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lights Out Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
Steve Z wrote:
And whatever gave him that great tan in the searing autumn sun in Wisconsin, wasn't that rather bright?

I live in Wisconsin, and am fair skinned (like Kerry). I couldn't get that tan (in the last 2-3 weeks the "fall" sun) if I stayed out in the afternoon sun here right now for FOUR hours!!!

I think they should let Kerry talk for as long as he needs.... he usually ends up confusing himself and his audience, the longer he goes on (see the Diane Sawyer yesterday for a GREAT example!) Laughing

Maybe wire him up to the light, and when it comes on, he gets a jolt from the electrical current too!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes I agree when he talks too long he ends up countering his own positions.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: A One-Man Debate? Reply with quote

Well, maybe Bush should be allowed to talk for a LITTLE while, just to set the record straight and wake up the audience. After all, he IS the President!
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A One-Man Debate? Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
Well, maybe Bush should be allowed to talk for a LITTLE while, just to set the record straight and wake up the audience. After all, he IS the President!

You're right! After Kerry is done, and drooling on himself, Bush gets "equal time".
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Kerry Kampf taking their cues from the endless negotiations that preceded the Paris Peace Talks? Wink

Sorry, Traitor John - the talks start tonight.

On time.

Exactly my sentiments. We will all see Traitor John - FLOP.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would normally already be in bed by 9 pm --- but will watch the debates while on-line --- otherwise I am afraid Kerry would have me asleep in 30 seconds.
kmudd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should open a chat room up tonight during the debate.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Debate suggestions Reply with quote

Another thing to do will be to record the debate on VCR's so that Kerry quotes can be played back in future SBVT "gotcha" ads, if need be. He already gave SBVT a mother lode in 1971...

I'm also with "lolajl" in spirit--"praying for W fervently". As Kerry showed us in 1971, he is a masterful liar, and W will have to be on his toes!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Fox News:

John Kerry before the debate: Receives manicure at spa (probably fixing his orangeness) while campaign complains about lights on the podium.

George Bush before debates: Meeting with Hurricane victims

I cant see how anyone in their right mind could actually vote for HIM, how he became the candidate as the best the democrats can offer is pathetic.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Trial Balloon Reply with quote

Kerry is using an old trick to test the waters on a small demand that he doesn't want to set up a bigger demand he actually wants. The old "Red Herring" technique.

My guess is because the Bush campaign will not conceed this point and Kerry will push for a late minute concession which is what he really wants. His intent is to break the debate wide open and break all the rules to give him a positional if not strategic advantage over Bush who I hope is probably prepared for this sophomoric trick.

Kerry will pull out all stops to get Bush to stumble he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. I bet he will challenge Bush in front of the American people for an all out open debate that he is prepared for. I am sure Bush will handle this and Kerry well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: