SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Protestors Ransack Bush/Cheney Headquarters In Orlando
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armybrat wrote:
Sorry to the board, I've lurked here quite a while and gotten a lot of good info so i signed up. I have nothing but respect for the veterans and supporters who have posted here.

I don't normally by into the stupid name calling carp, but after soros and the rest of those jerks this is just starting to tick me off.

Again apologies to board if you feel I went over the top.

A lurker for cripes sake! Call security!!! Shocked Shocked

and a name caller at that !!!! Shocked Shocked

Well, if all you have to talk to is a 'board', it's a good thing you joined us. Very Happy Very Happy

Before I joined I at least talked to my dogs.... I hadn't resorted to a 'board' yet !! Wink Wink
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search on "Brown Shirts" and found this article www.colley.co.uk/garethjones/german_articles/under_hitler_1.htm

A paragraph from this article:

"I have for my leader," said one leading Nazi to me, "a love which is as deep as my love for my country, and I have in him a faith which no faith, even faith in religion, could be deeper. Hitler can never be wrong, and his orders I shall carry out to the death."

This might be an extreme but heaven help us if we are headed in that direction.

We have to do everything humanly possible to keep Kerry from winning.
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
armybrat wrote:
Sorry to the board, I've lurked here quite a while and gotten a lot of good info so i signed up. I have nothing but respect for the veterans and supporters who have posted here.

I don't normally by into the stupid name calling carp, but after soros and the rest of those jerks this is just starting to tick me off.

Again apologies to board if you feel I went over the top.

A lurker for cripes sake! Call security!!! Shocked Shocked

and a name caller at that !!!! Shocked Shocked

Well, if all you have to talk to is a 'board', it's a good thing you joined us. Very Happy Very Happy

Before I joined I at least talked to my dogs.... I hadn't resorted to a 'board' yet !! Wink Wink

My dog died last week Crying or Very sad

Yep they'll let anyone in here, even a confirmed LIBERAL DEMOCRAT like me. I'm just not the kind of liberal most people want to remember, with all the posturing and changing positions over the years I thought I should just start from scratch so I decided 1776 would be about right. Jefferson, Washington, Adams, and Franklin are turning over in their graves right now.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armybrat: I am sorry about your dog. Crying or Very sad That is very sad. Here is a <<hug>> for you, liberal democrat and all. Wink

I have three doggys, and my husband and kids actually get jealous of them. I talk to my doggys constantly, they are my shadows and my bestest friends. When I sit at my desk in my office, as I am now, I sit sideways at my desk because one of my doggys is occupying the space where my feet belong. I would be lost without them. One of my dogs even took on a rattle snake that was coiled to strike me. Dogs are the best! I even like some of the dogs we have on these boards.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss, armybrat. And welcome aboard! Smile
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
armybrat: I am sorry about your dog. Crying or Very sad That is very sad. Here is a <<hug>> for you, liberal democrat and all. Wink

I have three doggys, and my husband and kids actually get jealous of them. I talk to my doggys constantly, they are my shadows and my bestest friends. When I sit at my desk in my office, as I am now, I sit sideways at my desk because one of my doggys is occupying the space where my feet belong. I would be lost without them. One of my dogs even took on a rattle snake that was coiled to strike me. Dogs are the best! I even like some of the dogs we have on these boards.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss, armybrat. And welcome aboard! Smile

Thank you Kimmy, he was 11 yrs old and when I got him he could fit in my hand (in the end he was a 130lb alaskan malamute). It hurt a lot. I got up the first night for a midnight run and and just step way out from bed so I wouldn't step on him, but he wasn't there. It's the stupid little things that hurt. My wife found him and my son had never experienced death before so it was a bit of an emotional day.

This is a great board. It seems to be filled with a lot of dedicated people. My dad was in the air force, my step dad was in the army (korea in the 60's and germany in the 70's) and my father in law did three tours of vietnam. I appreciate our enlisted veterans and DESPISE JF'nK.
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for your families loss. I lost my long time buddy a few years back, and it seems just like yesterday. Eventually though, the pain of loss will pass for you, and only the good memories will remain.

This is something someone passed along to me back then, and I'm passing it to you:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Hope it helps a little.

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's beautiful.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<-- Crying or Very sad That is beautiful !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: