SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSNBC - Scarborough Country Monday @10PM Eastern
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John was great as usual. But special kudos to Pat Buchannon. Old Pat kept the thing focused on Kerry, and even took on Glenn Smith himself.
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDaughterofVet asked:
Quote:
One question? I saw the commerical for Texans for Truth..with the wives of the National Guard members serving NOW in Iraq..please forgive me if this is a foolish question..but I just can not imagine these men wanting their wives...in breathless tones, to say.." George W Bush has a lack of integrity and is unfit to lead my husband"..It would seem to me that these men must be facing some pretty harsh times from his fellow Guardsmen over there..Just wanted some opinions on that if I could. It made me ill

I watched that commercial too, and I wondered what my husband would've thought if I'd gone on TV to talk against his current CinC while he was on his deployment over there with his Reserve Unit...judging from my husband's comments...he'd have supported whatever I needed to do if it got me through the day. I noticed that her husband like mine is a Sergeant First Class...so I'm a bit shocked that she'd have any questions about Bush's time in the National Guard...an E7 would've been through all the paperwork foul-ups by then, time/hours/points.... And I have a hard time imagining a Senior NCO being comfortable with his wife's criticism of Bush's service record. My husband wouldn't even let me get too vocal about Clinton because of his respect for the Office of the President and the NCO Creed....(we did have some "heated" discussions about that...fortunately we have been in agreement on President Bush).

BUT, I thought that she said her husband was killed in Iraq and she was holding his ID tags in her hands while she talked.... if so, then I hope it helped her to vent some of her grief. (There but for the grace of God go I...).
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Questions and Comments FOR/ABOUT O'NEILL & SMITH Reply with quote

First John O'Neill is total CLASS. He has no peer in
his presentation and information that he is
familiar with. I love him.

Smith does not care! He said he was a journalist! Ha Ha hee hee
No military savvy at all. Not versed on Kerry either!
Having said that....

*I thought we established here in the forums that
George Bush completed his guard requirements!
(he more than made up what he missed, and his
absence was not unauthorized!)

Arrow *I thought that John would have been steeped in those
facts totally. (even though that is not his issue)

Arrow *I thought we had established that Bush has released
ALL of his records.

Arrow *I thought we were mounting a factual response to any
media that had called the Swiftees liars!

Can the administrators/moderators here not get the info
to John??? Question As in the printed word. The man has an
awesome command of material etc.

A Arrow side note.
I do not remember seeing where Kerry made full Lieutenant.
I thought he was a j.g.?? Question

Can we get clarity and consensus on these issues? Question

We need to hurry now that Kerry is speaking with the
"near dead". Rolling Eyes

Make it a swift day.
Mary Ann Parker
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was kinda lame if ya ask me. They tried to have a debate between two guys who wanted to debate a different subject. In the end, both guys got thier points in, but they wern't countering each other.

John did excellent, the other guy was lame, as expected.

I'm glad John didn't bother to address any questions concerning Bush....it's not his area of concern.

Going back 30yrs, lets see, whats more important? Someone who didn't take a physical to fly a plane his current unit didn't have? Or someone who did all the things JK did? (too many to list). HMMM?
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted mp3s in main section Laughing

Mission Accomplished!!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenJaxBchFL wrote:

Lastly, the not in the same boat crap. I am so sick of people using such a lame reasoning for other soldiers being right beside him and then claiming they didn't serve with him. I am sure that somewhere Kerry has stated that he served with more than 11 people i.e guys not in the same boat.

Here's the answer to the "same boat" http://lst1166.com/
Kerry was at An Thoi about 44 days. In that 44 days he was on the water in a swift about 18 times.
The rest of the time he was sleeping, eating, and living with everyone else on the this 'same boat'.
I've opened several people's eyes with this revelation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: