SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Requests Response Time to Sinclair Film
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fair enough, here is how I would reply,

Dear Sen. Kerry and campaign staff,

We are thrilled that you would actually like to come forward and debate these POW’s from the Vietnam War. We believe that the common American citizen is truly interested in seeing just what the results of a true debate between you and these Historically Gallant Veterans who are all true heroes of our nation would turn out.

We want you to know in advance though that your “equal air time” will not be allowed to be used for anything but having a “debate” between you and these veterans. In the spirit of truth, honesty and fair journalism we feel that you have shirked your responsibility to adequately address the accusations of these veterans, the Swiftboat Veterans and literally the millions of other United States service men and women you have so blatantly smeared with your inaccurate memories of what happened 30 years ago.

Yes Sen. Kerry we gladly offer you the “olive branch of peace” through allowing you in a peacefully controlled nationally aired fully open debate to address these honored veteran’s questions.

We are earnestly seeking your presence,

It's what I call the "Kill them with Kindness" approach. No need to get nasty, but there is also no need to "let them walk all over you". It is time, and apparently the first time, that discipline is used with Sen. Kerry and his obnoxious campaign staff. Offer him the “Olive Branch” and if he refuses it then “Beat him over the Head with it!” Wink

Last edited by azpatriot on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard this on the local news. Good! Seems to me they are sweating this - they KNOW it's gonna kick em in the shins. Funny how they have refused to respond until now. But since everyone knows about Stolen Honor now...well, let's just say that their bed buddies the MSM worked against them this time.!
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRAVO SIERA Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Did C BS give the President equal time after the Guard lies? Don't think so! First it was my TV that was in danger and now it is my computer Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna, I'm with you. I think that someone should figure out how much time has already been spent promoting Kerry and give Bush his equal amount. I figure just off the top of my head Bush has enough time coming to him to get him through the inauguration. Wink
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Kerry Requests Response Time Reply with quote

Azpatriot, great reply.

RHV
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinclair and Mr. Hyman are not that gullible and their "demand" will not "fly"...

They offered KERRY equal time during THAT broadcast, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO OFFER KERRY SUPPORTERS EQUAL TIME!

BOTTOM LINE! ONLY KERRY MAY APPEAR AND ONLY DURING THAT BROADCAST! NO KERRY SUPPORTER(S), NO OTHER TIME/BROADCAST!
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to watch "Stolen Honor."

If any of Kerry's spokesmen are in the film, I would allow them to appear on Sinclair.

Otherwise, only Kerry is allowed.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Bush get equal air for CBS fraudulent NAG story? How about NBC Today show and Kitty Kelly? How about the hours across all stations of post debate spin? Oh and don't forget the news casts every night.

I have an idea... how about you just STFU and start planning your appeal to the supreme court when W wins on Nov 2nd.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry Requests Response Time to Sinclair Film Reply with quote

As a resident of the ever-controversial St. Louis area, I'd like to address this generous offer:

Also on Friday, Equity Broadcasting announced that its independent station WPXS-TV in St. Louis will carry the ABC programming that Sinclair pre-empts for the documentary. Sinclair owns ABC affiliate KDNL-TV in St. Louis. Equity officials said Sinclair plans to air the Kerry documentary on KDNL between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. Oct. 22.

"WPXS is thrilled to be able to offer an outlet for the popular Friday-night ABC shows that viewers would otherwise not be able to see in the St. Louis market," said Steven Soldinger, Equity VP of television.

Hey, thanks. Who are you guys? Never heard of you.
But after checking the TV Guide, I see that you will apparently be offering your outlet for the airing of the wildly popular " Hope and Faith" and "Less than Perfect". Something tells me the wrestling fans aren't going to be thrilled. They're liable to touch the down arrow on the remote one time and find--Stolen Honor.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Kerry Requests Response Time Reply with quote

We all know the Kerry Campaign only complains about equal time when it affects Kerry. The MSM will never offer equal time to Bush because it would hurt Kerry to much. MSM does not even hide its bias now.

RHV
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Oniell debating John Kerry again

on sinclair

now there is justice for ya
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justamom wrote:
Sinclair and Mr. Hyman are not that gullible and their "demand" will not "fly"...

They offered KERRY equal time during THAT broadcast, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO OFFER KERRY SUPPORTERS EQUAL TIME!

BOTTOM LINE! ONLY KERRY MAY APPEAR AND ONLY DURING THAT BROADCAST! NO KERRY SUPPORTER(S), NO OTHER TIME/BROADCAST!

I saw the program when Hyman did offer to have someone other than Kerry as his stand-in. If airing of the film was ligitimate and legal in it's owns right, why would Sinclair immediately 'backtrack' and offer equal time to Kerry or stand-in? Why didn't they just show the program, as is? Why the attempt to be 'fair and balanced'? I'm not 'blaming' Hyman, but from the first time he was interview to the second time, the offer began to change. Last time I heard, Hyman said the perhaps only brief snipets of SH (seconds even) would be shown and Kerry could have as much time as he wants? I'm confused? The only thing I can think of is that Sinclair didn't do their homework on this and discovered after the fact that there would be a problem. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. I REALLY hope that in the end, SH is shown in its entirety.

Last paragraph of my email to Sinclair from a day or so ago:

"I am very aware of the DNC's rabid-like attempt to
suppress the airing of this historical piece and hope
that Sinclair will neither bend to the pressure nor,
and maybe more importantly, fail to present the film
in whole, as intentions to air 'snipets' of
information in conjuntion with Kerry's possible and
unlimited participation, may only provide the DNC with
an inordinate amount of time to attempt to discredit
the film. Should this senario happen, the honor of
our P.O.W.s and Veterans will remain 'stolen'."

Here's to hoping that the truth will be made known.

Kimberly
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah azpatriot, I was looking for someone to write what you said. Remember the Kerry people are comprised and run by people who specialize in deception. They want equal time to speak about everything but the veterans.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
ChaplainJeff
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Fair time for what?? Reply with quote

J-Kerry can have a fair time on TV.
Just raise some money. Go make a movie.
Tell anything or what ever he wants. As long as it is the truth.
Advertize it all over the place.
So people want to see it.
OOPS
I think he forgot something.
1# This movie Stolen Honor wasn't done by the Republician party.
2# Sinclair can show whatever it wants.
3# I think Kerry already has a movie showing, isn't it called 'Fahrenheit 9/11'?

Fair time, that is a great idea. the next 18 days should be all Bush.
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me see if I understand this right?

What Sinclair Broadcasting is doing is bad and what the Sundance channel will be doing is good?

Sundance channel is turning into the anti-Bush channel in the days leading up to the election with non-stop "Rock the Vote" concert video. Plus featuring Al Franken and Michael Moore.

Click the link and wait for the pictures to change.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: