SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ads NOT hitting hard enough
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"John Kerry brought misery to those who served honorably in Vietnam and now he wants to do the same for those who serve in Iraq."
Jonmart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right that too negative can backfire BUT there is nothing too negative about someone saying "The media called us liars but we are not. We served honorably and we have our medals to prove it. Who are you going to believe, a media that has proven to be biased or the Vietnam Vets that fought to give them the priviledge. We are still here, NOT discredited. We served with Kerry and based on what we know about him we believe he is unfit to be CIC"

Pictures of Bud Day and all the others along with a thing on what they did and having them repeat that they do not believe jfk would make a good CIC is also not too negative IMO

Lots of other ideas that are not too negative but IMO, better that you hit hard enough to make it matter. After all, the Swift Vets EARNED the right to be heard.... so why can't they? The liberals are out-shouting anything anyone says... the only way to be heard is say what you gotta' say louder.
Jonmart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of booble-heads ( I know its supposed to be bobble-heads... but think about it) I have noticed how jfk lights up when anyone says something nice to him. He can't seem to help it... he is really ego stoked is my impression.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my 'chats' with the pro-Kerry folks, I have found that most jaws drop when I tell them of Kerry's attendance at the Kansas City meeting, the plans that were discussed to assassinate Senators and the FBI files as proof. This specific VVAW activity seems to be much more unacceptable to them than the other Kerry activities which they support as honorable intentions to end the Vietnam war.

Kimberly
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought all the ads were good and well produced but as a veteran the thing that made me angriest about John Kerry was after he learned that swift boat duty was tough he then engineered a quick 4 month exit from Nam with three fake band aid scatches. He then turned on the ones he left behind when he got home by accusing them of unmentionable war crimes. I think if this could have been one of the themes it would have been a blockbuster.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I disagree. I believe the ads, all of them, have had an incredible impact.

I think what most posters on this thread are looking for is something huge, different, and scandalous like "Kerry ate human flesh in VietNam" or something... An October Surprise.

I say if you know what is already out there about this "man" and decide to vote for him still, you deserve your fate.

Come to think of it, I can't fathom him winning...

Does anyone know if Kerry ate human flesh in VietNam?

SOTG
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Yes, and Reply with quote

He used a fork and a "FRENCH" serving tray, and a "Swiss Army knife"

SAID TO THE BOSTON GLOB, "IT TASTED JUST LIKE CHICKEN"
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that John Kerry was on his way to the White House before the Swifts' ads started hitting the news.

I think that the Swifts have been the single most effective weapon in the armory against Traitor John.

This is borne out (at least in part) in the flood of new contributors and visitors that hit the site after the last two ads were released.

They have accomplished this with truth. Not soft-pedalled, not cotton-mouthed - firm, irrefutable truth.

They have fought against Kerry with honor and integrity.

They have no need to get vicious. The pain of betrayal is clearly truth - as seen in the eyes of the Vietnam veterans who Kerry has slandered and sold out.

Hard hitting? The ads have angered me, sickened me, brought me to tears on a number of occasions. How much more hard-hitting do they get before they cross the line into "playing dirty" and begin to turn off the people to whom these ads are most directed?

Kerry's behavior and activities are backfiring on him, right and left. He can hardly go a day without stepping on his own you-know-what.

The Swifts have not taken a misstep, yet.

NOT ONE claim in UFC has been discredited or disproven.

Kerry has not even addressed them except to claim that the Swifts are all discredited. He has had to resort to personal attacks on individual Swifts in order to attempt to distract the public and the obliging leftist media.

Just keep getting the truth out there. Follow their example and we're good to go.

Smile
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly, the Swiftee approach is honorable and Moveon.org is not. Regardless, in the next election, I would expect ten times the vitriol, ten times the lies, ten times the bias. Any candidate would be a fool not to capitalize on the bipartisan "Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2002," popularly known as McCain-Feingold. A well funded 527 will be ten times as effective as the OIM, regardless of whether it it honorable or truthful. We may be participating in the last great honest and worthy 527 group.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following text from http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41043 by Joseph Farah, would make a good ad...
Quote:
He doesn't want you to know he was a reluctant warrior.

He doesn't want you to know he was a malcontent from the day he took on the swiftboat assignment.

He doesn't want you to know he padded his resume to glorify his own role in every action.

He doesn't want you to know he got medals for self-inflicted wounds.

He doesn't want you to know how and why he left Vietnam after only four months.

He doesn't want you to know how he changed sides in the war after coming home and embraced the enemy.

He doesn't want you to know how he maligned his comrades – falsely accusing them of war crimes and racism.

He doesn't want you to know how he "negotiated" with the enemy on foreign soil and came back promoting their political agenda.

He doesn't want you to know how he marched under the Viet Cong flag and the upside-down American flag.

He doesn't want you to know how he sold his country down the river.

He doesn't want you to know how he sold out the hopes and dreams of freedom for millions of Vietnamese.

He doesn't want you to know how he contributed to the holocaust that followed in Southeast Asia.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Next Ad Reply with quote

If Joseph Farah's text as quoted by Igor could be trimmed a little bit into a 60-second ad, complete with appropriate images from the Vietnam era as a backdrop, this could make an excellent ad!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the latest ad. I'm in the battleground state of Iowa, and I think it plays right. I love it that it puts real and credible faces on people that have been dismissed by the media as a "front group". I also love seeing Bud Day on there with his MoH. We, in the battleground states, are positively overrun with political ads right now, and it's nice to have a calmer one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: