SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets & Us - Their reunion, Our tribute
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in! Very Happy
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW wrote:
The shared feelings here are we, who are not swift vets but have come to admire them and want to help their truth be told, want to plan an appropriate event to meet them and say Thank you for your service then and now. I want to meet the POWs and the swift vets and everybody else on this site. So perhaps we can plan a way to meet that does not interrupt their annual event. Perhaps the site members could host a cocktail party in honor of those here either the evening before the annual event or just at a different date. But I would want to meet as many of you posters as I could. We will travel from Florida where ever it is planned. I will be more than happen to help out with planning. God Bless. CTW

Never Ever Kerry

I agree 100% somehow we need to meat these Heroes of our country and thank them.

Even if I have to walk 4000 miles! Just let us know where and when Very Happy
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be possible to meet near the reunion on one afternoon or evening. We would need to know what their schedule is in order to fit the events together. In that way anyone who does not share our views would not be inconvenienced by our enthusiasm.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the forum folk should just set up their own get together and, of course, invite all the SVPT's too if they want to attend. Having the bash near or on the same day of the reunion might be crowding things a bit.

I suggest Reno, Nevada. Its a great party town, plenty of reasonably priced hotels, lots of gambling if your so inclined, and lots of great shows to attend before or after the party.

Plus, its only two hours from my home! Wink

Zell Miller
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will meet with and enjoy the company of Chuck54 and everybody else on this board if I can. I have found many incredible people here. But that is not what I was talking about when I started this.

It's about those men in the ad "They Served". To meet them I will change my plans, travel a great distance and walk many miles if that's what it takes.

I was a child when those men fought bravely and suffered greatly. I was a child when Kerry stole their honor, making light of their awards and branding them monstrous criminals.

One day 30 years later as an adult I heard on the news that John Kerry would be the Democratic nominee for President. At that moment I knew that if Kerry was elected our country was screwed. But you know what happened? Those same men from 30 years past walked bravely into battle again. They were ignored, but they kept fighting. They were vilified, but they kept fighting. Even now they are fighting bravely while suffering greatly.

Theirs are the hands I want to shake. Theirs are the eyes I want to look into when I say "Thank You".

In coming years the SVPT will be credited for destroying the political ambitions of an enemy of this country. I want to be able to proudly tell anyone that will listen that I had the honor to meet those heros.

That is what my post was about.

If I get to meet a bunch of other great people that supported the cause at the same time then that's what you call great gravy.

Someone is bringing beer right?

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW wrote:
The shared feelings here are we, who are not swift vets but have come to admire them and want to help their truth be told, want to plan an appropriate event to meet them and say Thank you for your service then and now. I want to meet the POWs and the swift vets and everybody else on this site. So perhaps we can plan a way to meet that does not interrupt their annual event. Perhaps the site members could host a cocktail party in honor of those here either the evening before the annual event or just at a different date. But I would want to meet as many of you posters as I could. We will travel from Florida where ever it is planned. I will be more than happen to help out with planning. God Bless. CTW

Never Ever Kerry

Their are over 3 million Vietnam Veterans who were never properly welcomed home and I think we need to think a bit larger then a cocktail party. We need to have a all day stadium size bash were we welcome them home and we remember the 58,000 who have fallen and resolve to never again allow our Men in Women who are in harms way from being wrongfully depicted by the educrats, MSM and Hollywood. I think Soldier field on Memorial Day 2004 is appropriate and if need be we will simultaneously broadcast the event from multiple stadiums throughout the whole country. And we will also have a television broadcast that goes into the hospital rooms of our VA hospitals. We could even have a Billy Graham style call to the people that want to publicly come forward and say I am personally sorry for the wrong attitude that I have had towards veterans. And from their healing will begin and we once again can truly be a UNITED - United States of America.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: