SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question to all our great American women here..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hilly for Pres? Reply with quote

Sgt-Keeper wrote:
Just a word of advice: You have posted this question in the wrong forum. You will get responses from women who have strong moral convictions, an excellent sense of self worth, a belief in right & wrong, and the ability to see through the smoke screens of excusing liberal civilized decay. These are the NASCAR moms. This question needs to be asked on moveon.org in order to get a sense of grey thinking. Go in as a Hilly supporter, scout, and bring back the intel. "Know thy enemy before engaging same". She will be the next "hit" effort after JFK goes down.

Just to let you all know..

I LOVE the responses I am getting here and this seems to confirm MY idea for the single best weapon here..

Rallying and strengthening the conservative base and make sure we do not break ranks. If the conservative women base is equal to the loonie base, I think we can easily get the indep. majority.

You are all great and gives me hope that even Hillary's spin can be defeated.. Bet you she'll chop Kerry's head off starting next Wednesday.

Need some wood?!?!
toby211
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, unfortunatelly, am married to one of the Kerry-Aid drinkers. We cannot talk politics in our house and there have been some real silent periods Confused
But Oklady has the right idea. Plus good ol Sean Hannity says as soon as the election is decided, he will start his "Stop Hillary" campaign. I know several women who will vote for Bush, but when asked about Hillary, its about 50-50 for her. Therefore, my observation is there will be the die-hard Dems and the Hillary-aid drinkers. Remind anyone of the current election??
Another tactic is Condi Rice with Rudy or vice-versa on the Republican ticket. The main thing is Oklady's tactics. Get out there now and start finding all there is to know about the Hildi-Beast Exclamation
Toby
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby211 wrote:
I, unfortunatelly, am married to one of the Kerry-Aid drinkers. We cannot talk politics in our house and there have been some real silent periods Confused
But Oklady has the right idea. Plus good ol Sean Hannity says as soon as the election is decided, he will start his "Stop Hillary" campaign. I know several women who will vote for Bush, but when asked about Hillary, its about 50-50 for her. Therefore, my observation is there will be the die-hard Dems and the Hillary-aid drinkers. Remind anyone of the current election??
Another tactic is Condi Rice with Rudy or vice-versa on the Republican ticket. The main thing is Oklady's tactics. Get out there now and start finding all there is to know about the Hildi-Beast Exclamation
Toby

Another thing.. Anyone that has a TRACE of idea about some awesome 2008 candidate should try to air it to the right strategists. I bet you Karl Rove is already looking as well, taking the last days 2004 developments into cosideration.

GO OUT AND VOTE ON TUESDAY..

Need some wood?!?!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobette wrote:
It wouldn't matter how much dirt we dig up on Hillary, and there's plenty of it, most of the women voting for Kerry, will vote for Hillary. They don't believe anything negative about them. They have stars in their eyes and let celebrities make their decisions.

I agree. We would have to prove her knowledge and involvement in Whitewater.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Relax....All Ya'll... Reply with quote

1) We have to assume that we will be here
2) We have to assume that Hilary will also
3) We have to remember that the MEDIA as we know them may NOT!
4) We are known for surprises and changing our minds

Given the assumptions and the amount of time to elapse......

I just hope my BUTT doesn't outlive my HEAD/BRAIN!!

I know I will stop wearing my seat belt in case I get snatched
by an alien.

By then I will have graduated to a "wonder where they went bra"
and ya'll can handle it.

Who am I??
How soon do you need to know??

Oh yes!
Have a great day.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Map
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrinceLazar, I can assure you that there of lots of women.......lots and lots of us.......right here in Illinois who would rather eat worms than vote for Hillary for anything--When you refer to your students, does that mean that you're in the Bloomington/Normal or Champaign/Urbana area?--'Cause, outside of Cook County or around the larger universities, we're largely a Republican state--Please note that since 1857, we've only had Democrat governors for a total of 32 years and most of those were one-termers--Heck, Big Jim Thompson would still be governor if he hadn't decided to move on to other pursuits in '91 and I predict that the Boy Governor, who only got elected because his predecessor, George Ryan, was about the worst choice the Republicans could have made to run when Jim Edgar stepped-down in '99--

C'mon up to DuPage County if you want to talk to about a zillion women who would never, ever vote for Hillary--As a matter of fact, she's such a hugely divisive figure that I honestly believe that, if she were to run, it's just possible that Illinois could go red, depending, of course, on who the Republicans might run against her--C
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many women would vote for her yes, but not because of her standings. It is simply because she is female.

It won't matter how many holes you tear into her talking points, you have to appeal to the gut reactions of the female population. We are at our core logical creatures, but still driven by emotion.

You talk about her as a MOTHER, and how she allowed Chel to be submitted to a philandering father. The mental anguish that international humiliation must have caused. How she is as a FRIEND, and how many people she has turned her back on. (This I'm assuming, but knowing her personality there has to be many)

You have to appeal to womens sense of worth, we all want to be loved and treasured. She as first lady swept the feet out of so many women that decided to kick their lowlifes to the curb. Show her for what she is, weak. What we as women dread being called in this day and age.

Show her for what many men veiw women as, conniving, scheming, self aggrandizing.

Not many men will vote for a female president. (At least a democratic one) Simply because the left has effectively castrated them in the workplace, at home, with respect to raising their children. Feeling the need to dictate how, when and where we allow them to be MEN. Pulling them this way and that on how we don't NEED men, yet many women scream and stamp their feet if they aren't treated as a "Lady" from years gone by. Sorry ladies of the left, you cannot have it both ways.

No, attacking her on talking points isn't the way to keep her out of the whitehouse. Attacking her on her history, personal history, is.

Lorelei

PS...I know that my thoughts are sometimes way out from the "norm" but this one subject really gets my goat.

I am a traditional mother, wife and friend. My husband and I made an agreement that I would stay with our four children no matter how tight money got until our youngest turned 10. Almost without exception....Our republican associates think its wonderful and understand that it is a sacrifice of choice, Our left wing followers that we meet show only envy and say things like "It must be nice to be able to afford it" or "Wow...what do you do with all your off time?"

After getting a good belly laugh from the comments on how it must be nice to not have a JOB...

I turn to them and tell them "Well, if you aren't working you don't need that expensive new car. If you felt you could do without that 4500 dollar stereo system, the "This years new" computer, the gold jewelry, the hordes of makeup and perfume. If you felt that you could teach your children the meaning of christmas isn't about how much you get, instead it being a time for family love and reflection....."

About that time I get poo poo'ed off until I tell them the real zinger "If you didn't have to pay for 600 dollars a month in child care, you could raise your kiddos yourself instead of someone else raising them"

They usually do this Embarassed

I do have one great result....One of the girls in my elder daughters class decided to give it up, let her husband earn the money and she has started being a stay at home mom. She said the change in her daughter is amazing. She's much more confident, her grades have come up, and she's less emotional. I gave her a HUGE pat on the back and told her that it was the best choice she could have made.

Oh...and that reminds me...

All these left side folks that scream about loss of jobs etc...

They forget that before World War 1-2 women really weren't in the workplace. Then with the advent of the female revolution the job market was FLOODED by a whole new workforce. Each year more and more women go to work, taking more jobs.

By taking more jobs, they create what seems to be a shortage.

The sad fact is that once you decide to become a two income family, your bills very shortly rise to where you FEEL like you can't live without it. You become infused with this "Buy buy buy" mentality.

Champagne lifestyle on a beer budget.

I'll hush now because I'm getting all worked up Shocked
Lorelei
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best weapon against Hillary Clinton will be women.

We hate catty, manipulating, conniving little (w)itches.

And we have, in our arsenal, an assortment of real bombs, if people will just read them. Wink

"American Evita" - Bomb #1 - several megatons in impact, all wrapped up in a neat little package

"Re-writing History" - Bomb #2

"Reckless Disregard" - Bomb #3

"Dereliction of Duty" - Bomb #4

"It Takes a Village" - Bomb #5 - written by Billary, herself.

www.stophillarypac.org - will build a tremendous following over the next three years Twisted Evil
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a followup....

About my kiddos Smile

I have four as I said.

My eldest is 14...he is a Police Explorer. He is bright, compassionate and not "main stream" in school. He prefers to have one good friend than to fit in with a "clique" He has made the A/B honor roll multiple times.

My second child is 12, he loves books...is brilliant in math and has the same attitude about friends. He is looking forward to Fire Explorers when he turns 14. He has ALSO made the A/B honor roll multiple times.

My third child is almost 10, a beautiful long haired feminine girl that is driven to succeed, today we attended a ceremony at her school where she was given the A honor roll. This is something she has been working very hard for.

My fourth child is also a blond haired beauty, who is the cherry in her teachers eye. Everyone who meets her loves her to bits, and this isn't just a parent talking. She is an aspiring artist that wants to be a vetrinarian, but also told me (she's only Cool that when she has babies she's going to be "Just like mom" and take care of them.

I'm very proud of my kiddos, and as a stay at home mom with no real "JOB!" (I volunteer as an EMT, I don't get paid) I can look people in the eye and say "I did this"

/rant off

Whew hehehehe

Sorry for Hijacking the thread :p
Lorelei
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would't vote for Shillery is she was running against the devil himself, but there are alot of women who will.

The best weapon against her to change their minds would be a campaign by the Repubs to show clearly and SIMPLY (remember who you're trying to reach) a pattern of unacceptable behavior toward those subordinate to her. Nobody likes a mean, petty, insulting, shrew of a woman. You can't feel good about voting for someone who is mean to others, especially those who are under her.

If you can convince them she treats those "below" her shabbily they will vote for someone else.

Think about it. What could Bush do that would make you not vote for him?
You already agree with his policies, and he doesn't change them. You like his leadership, and he continues leading the same way. So what could someone use to make you not want to vote for him?

Dig up old dirt? Nah. You would say that's in the past and he's not the same person. They will say the same about Hillary.

It would have to be something that changed your mind about who Bush is NOW as a person,,....something that would make you not like him anymore.

How about if the other side could show you a consistant proven pattern of behavior where he insults, demeans, and hurts those around him who are subordinate? He treats them like they are "lesser beings"?

Would that do it? Would you still vote for him?....or would you just stay home?

Whatever it would take for you to stay home and not vote for Bush is the same thing it would take to make them abandon Hillary.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all are raising more good points here. I think the single strongest asset she has is that many women will vote for her simply for the sake of her being a woman!!

Hillary running versus a male GOP candidate would probably rally all the millitant feminists, but most of them would have voted for her anyways. Still, a strong base early on will make it easier for her to sway many swingers. This is excactly why Bush is in the lead now, having rallied his base early on and not having to spend to much energy maintaining it.

I live and work in downtown Chicago, at a hospital in the south side, with mainly AA staff and patients. Still I go to Wisconsin alot on weekend trips and know that Chicago is not the mirror of the political mind in America. Also, as someone said here, the suburbs are a totally different story. I admit I am "tainted" by the megaurban athmosphere of Chicago more than anyting else, but still.

Yet, what I see is this. Women medical students,residents, nurses and technicians have a typical attitude that "Hillary is great", "I would vote for her in a heartbeat". But the good news here is that if you ask them what good has Hillary done for healthcare or for the medical profession they all end up with no answer. So far I haven't heard ONE reason for them voting for Hilary besides that she's a woman!!! NOT ONE!!!

I have always been strong opponent of any kind of quotas and all the EXTREMELY strong and principled women on this site proves that my beliefs have been right on. YET, for the sake of winning next election, I see big trouble if we don't find a suitable woman to run against Hillary. Too many independent women, single-women, non-married and feminist biased see Hilary as some kind of icon and don't care about her doing nothing regarding her (so-called) husbands chronic adultery and sex-crimes even while he was a president. Another thng is this; If the first female president in the US is a democrat the liberals will talk about this for Millennias to come. Just like they still rant about Florida2000 and put the slave transports of the 1700's in the same sentence.

So my point is this; A Hillary running against a male GOP candidate will give the dems to much of a woman-advantage (call it the "woman-card) and make it easy for them to rally their base early on. Something Kerry hasn't been able to do until recentl. However, I see one group from her base that would crack up and that would be urban AA Women.

The irony with many of the AA women I speak to is that so many of them say they LOVE Clinton, but DETEST Hillary for setting such a bad example for marriage and values by ignoring his adulteries!!
THe AA woman is a very strong woman with firm moral convictions and I really believe that a SOLID GOP woman with strong values and straightup behavious could win their hearts and make many of them break from the base, even if Hillary is running. Alan Keyes was right on in a speech against Osama, sorry Obama here last night. Half of AA pregnancies leads to elective terminations, something that is going to cripple the political and social influence of the AA community.
It is really sad to see all the fine and God-loving AA women that have been coherced by Planned Parenthood and other fetoecide organizations to believe that bortion is the only alternative to powerty and as soon as they have performed the abortion their usefulness is over and they are simply thrown back into the ghetto agian and told that Bush keeps them in powerty Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad

Need some wood?!?!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I don't know what planet you men are on, with the "lots of women will vote for Hilary because she is a woman" but I have a news flash: women are tough. Especially on each other. Let Hilary run. If she does, it will be for her life.

Sheesh. If she runs she won't even make a decent snack.
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<--- not a man Kimmy :p

<pokes>

But you are right on that, women ARE harder on each other.

Lorelei
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrinceLazar wrote:
You all are raising more good points here. I think the single strongest asset she has is that many women will vote for her simply for the sake of her being a woman!!

NOT I!
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Hillary have to win her Senate seat back in 2006? If she can't do that, she wouldn't make a very good candidate for President in 2008. I think the answer is obvious: RUDI GUILIANI for the U.S. Senate!!!!!!
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: