SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happens after Nov 2nd???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: I'll tell you Reply with quote

After Nov. 2 we organize a lynch party Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: On Nov 3 Reply with quote

From the banner at the top of http://pajamajournalist.blogspot.com/
Quote:
On November 1st they will wake up to see us silhouetted on the tops of all the surrounding hills. On November 2nd they will hear our war whoops. On November 3rd we will ride out of their camps with their scalps swinging from our belts. - Kimmymac

USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on nov. 4 Im gona shove it dead square in thier faces while reminding them they are safer because our CIC is a man, not a worm?
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who graduated high school in 1970 and was in college while the war ended, I remember the era well.

This episode has been eye-opening to me. Reading the Swift Vets accounts, as well as reading Stolen Valor I have come to realize how much I and this nation have been mislead about the nature of Vietnam.

I understood that our Vets got a raw deal when they came home, but I didn't realize the depth of the injustice. And it went beyond the Vets to the rest of us. We went from being the nation that could put a man on the Moon to a nation suffering, as Jimmy Carter called it, a "malaise".

Until now, I was unaware of how much one man had to do with the shaping of America's perception of the War and Itself. John Kerry has a lot to answer for.

God willing, on Tuesday John Kerry will be defeated. He will lose much of his mainstream media shield of invulnerability. What has been learned must be brought into the open so that he does not become an "elder statesman", but he and his words must be discredited.

Nothing will remove the stain on the honor of our Veterans and our Nation, but it can be made to fade, not with time but with knowledge. The next generation is tasked with the war on terror. Cleaning the false stain may be the last task of our generation.

It will not be time to put aside our differences -- with our neighbors, yes, but not with John Kerry.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: It's settled then Reply with quote

We know what our mission is to be sure. All it takes is for men of courage to stand up for what they know to be right and true and be willing to risk the possibility of failure in order to see the task to completion. Good luck lads Very Happy

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: After Nov. 2nd in Massachusetts Reply with quote

Assuming Kerry loses the election on Nov. 2nd, he would still remain in the Senate. But all of us here in Mass. must begin a campaign to remove him from office. He is a disgrace to the American flag, to all of the values we stand for as a nation.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: After Nov. 2nd in Massachusetts Reply with quote

Truegrit wrote:
Assuming Kerry loses the election on Nov. 2nd, he would still remain in the Senate. But all of us here in Mass. must begin a campaign to remove him from office. He is a disgrace to the American flag, to all of the values we stand for as a nation.

When is he up for re-election???

If it is 2 years from now, good time to try to defeat him.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are stuck with kerry til 2008, unless he has a total break down and quits the Senate. I think he knew his chances were not good when he refused to resign from the Senate.
Then again he did as much this past year as he normally would there, so what the heck he still got paid for doing nothing. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: