SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swifty says Goodnight and Tomorrow We Win.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will never be possible to explain what this forum has done for me. I am still sorting it out.

Thanks.

We shall have much to be thankful for the Thanksgiving.

Sam
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Those Americans who went to Vietnam fought for freedom, a truly noble cause. You and your comrades-in-arms who faced danger and death in Vietnam fought as well as any Americans in our nation's history.

Vietnam was not so much a war as it was one long battle in an ongoing war -the war in defense of freedom, which is still under assault. This battle was lost not by those brave American and South Vietnamese troops who were waging it but by political misjudgments and strategic failure at the highest levels of government.

The tragedy- indeed, the immorality-of those years was that for the first time in our history our country and its government failed to match the heroic sacrifice of our men in the field.

This must never happen again.

~Ronald Reagan~

The Swift Vet and POWs for Truth
Will have a special place in history
Heroes twice .........
Once in Vietnam
Now some 30 years later at Home in America
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:

The Swift Vet and POWs for Truth
Will have a special place in history
Heroes twice .........
Once in Vietnam
Now some 30 years later at Home in America

Thank you Kate ..... and everyone on this forum that has supported us

I am sure that if you asked any Swifty or POW the reason we are here

It would be best expressed by the sentiments in the following images

.. ..

Bobby Don was mortally wounded aboard PCF 79 on December 6, 1967

Just one of many Swift Boat sailors that are honored as "Still on patrol"

.... ....

But it is the generations that follow that matter to us most

Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Keep the faith and vote Reply with quote

We must hope and pray that our votes make the difference, to prevent this charlatan and fraud, John Kerry, from winning the presidency. We are up against DNC and other operatives trying to induce vote fraud, among illegal aliens and others who are not U.S. citizens, by double voting among other tricks.

I think vote fraud is the only way the Dems can put this traitor into the white house.
frigatesailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't contributed much to the dialog on this site, I have been a monetary contributor and have been able to take much more from it than my dollars could ever rightfully purchase. Whenever I was feeling down about the election and Kerry's chances of gaining the presidency, I came to this site and was reinvigorated by the efforts, stories and comraderie of all who participated here. Although I had an uncle in the Navy during Vietnam (he was stationed aboard ship and was never in harms way) and I served six years in the late eighties myself, I have never really been close to anyone or had family members who participated in the dangerous elements of the VW. My reasons for helping and getting involved here in my hometown were really due to your efforts and my own sense of fairplay, truth, honesty, and integrity. I clearly saw very early that Kerry and his DNC surrogates had none of these defining characteristics that were quite evident in every Swifty I saw or read. Alot of what I was able to take from this site helped me convince nearly all of my employees that the self-promoter John Kerry was not to be trusted and if they couldn't vote for Bush there were always other choices. I thank god that you all volunteered once again to serve this great country and that I in turn found you and was able to do my own small part. Thanks again for your patriotic sacrifices both past and present and may God Bless America.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.
Montana
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This Swifty is going to bed and I go with the confidence we will have our Victory and Payback against jfk tomorrow. I personally want to thank all of you for your efforts, dedication and donations. With all your help, this small effort started 6 months ago has swelled to an overwhelming groundswell of disapproval against jfk and his actions to his "Fellow Vietnam Veterans and to the United States of America." I hope in the future; it would be possible to meet with some of you, but if not then I say Bravo Zulu to your actions.

It's an honor to follow the couragous path that you and every other brave Vietnam Vet laid out before us. I believe that today will be the day that every generation of warriors will stand together in a show of solidarity that has not been seen in recent memory.

Regardless of the outcome (and I do believe jfk will go down hard), there will be no doubt that we, the fighting men and women of the United States Armed Forces, will always stand united in service to our country. And that's a good thing to be reminded of. Thanks to all and Godspeed from Kuwait...

2Slick

"Vote that ******* traitor straight to HELL!!!!!!!!"
DUNBAR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say that I just got home from voting, the line was 20 minutes in waiting at 5:50 a.m. and no place to park at the courthouse.

I took to that voting booth all the wisdom, knowledge, and honor that I have supporting the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

I as well as others hope this outcome works to our advantage, I really don't care if they riot or not.......it will be total satisfaction that John Kerry will finally be out of all of our lives forever, and that this guy can fall off the face of the earth.

I hope, and I say that word with a ton of emphasis,,,,,,,,that America isn't that damn dumb to elect a peace monger who has a track record like one of my ex-girlfriends.

And that ain't too pretty.

SWIFT BOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH WILL PREVAIL. MY HATS OFF TO JOHN O'NEILL AND ALL THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS GREAT CAUSE TO BRING THE HONOR FORWARD.

But the efforts to hold him accountable, are notorious and will be a page in History.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Terry, all of us owe you and the rest of the Swift vets and POWS a huge vote of thanks. Without your courage to stand up and make known what you all have, there's no telling what would be happening tomorrow.

We all stood together over 30 years ago and never lost any significant battle. We repeat that again today. I consider it an honor to have been accepted here to support you all.

To all here, Well Done!

I could not have said it better. Razz
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbshirley wrote:

.... ....

But it is the generations that follow that matter to us most

This is what it is all about. Thank you for the eloquent picture.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an honor to be a part of this! I will forever be proud and thankful to you, Swiftees for your bravery and undying loyalty to this great country.
God speed ahead!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,
From one swiftee to another, I think we've made a difference. In Qui Nhon, I used to go to sleep every night praying that some VC fool didn't get a lucky round into those half dozen huge fuel storage tanks directly up the hill from our barracks. We both made it home safe and tonight we will see the last battle of the Viet Nam War.
I'll see you on the private swiftee site after the election.
Kerry will go down in flames.
Jack
Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cause something to happen." Bear Bryant

Swiftees/POWs and friends, when the history of this day is written, you will be the most prominent part. Just how it should be. You more than anyone or anything else, took the field and saved our bacon.

I add my permanent respect and admiration to those countless thousands of others who won't forget.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Bob Shirley, when I saw your photos of that child touching that Wall, it touched my heart and soul and I just about lost it. We never want our children to see, feel or witness the horrors of War but they should always know the sacrifice men and women, yesterday and still today make for "Freedom is not Free"
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also to rbshirley,
The photo of the wall with the name of a Swiftee did me in.
I want to thank you. It'll be a while before I can stop sniffling and see clearly again through the tears.
Jack
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: