SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A special Thank You to John O'Neill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honor exemplified. A credit to all that serve with fidelity.

Thank You
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, my heartfelt thanks go out to you.

Your 33 year long war is coming to an end. You and the other Swifties & POW's have won a great battle. Keep on fighting until John Kerry is finally discredited and voted out of office! The country is behind you. Now, finally, the healing of the country can be completed.

Tim Price
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John for all your hard work and countless hours of effort. Your numerous interviews helped spread the truth and because of that the American people won.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of a famous President:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime
wondering if they made a difference."

John, you made a difference.
Semper Fi
lawfan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. O'Neil,

I know much of this country doesn't realize the debt they owe to you and your colleagues at Swiftvets. But I do. You displayed the quiet strength and unbreakable resolve that the great and unsung heroes of America have displayed throughout history. You heroes were cut from the same mold as the true Winter Soldiers at Valley Forge, Col. Joshua Chamberlain and the 20th Maine at Little Round top, Sgt. York, and the Marines at Iwo Jima. Unfortunately, you were recognized for your prior service by too few people and too late. I hope your recent efforts may turn the tide of history and allow more people to look anew at what Viet Nam was really about and what really happened those many years ago. I know you will once again return to your firesides and quiet lives, but know that there is a grateful section of this country that will never forget when the Swiftvets let loose the dogs of war on a truly deserving opponent.

Respectfully,
David
Rissa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
Thank you for your endless sacrifice for our country, then and now.
I hope you, along with all the other's involved, can find satisfaction in knowing all your efforts proved worth while. These men, and thier families are appreciated by a grateful nation. Very Happy
snake king
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Yours is the epitome of the concept of: "Patriot".

I know that you'd probably rather troll the Rach Gia at dead slow at noon with both twin 50's out of ammo than to sit patiently making your point to Colmes, Russert, and other assorted ambushers.
Your book and your example galvanized a forgotten sector of the Vietnam War and were responsible not only for the fall of John Kerry but also revealed the corrupt underbelly of the MSM for all to see.

I hope that you'll stay on Kerry until he retires and moves back to Paris (soon). This country cannot permit those Massachusetts fools to foist another Teddy Kennedy on us!

(....and I was born in Boston!) Wink
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Let me add my very special thanks to one of America's finest patriots, John O'Neill. I remember watching all those years ago his confrontation with John Kerry on the Dick Cavett Show. Little did I realize then that someday Kerry would be running for President. Imagine my surprise and delight when I first heard about John O'Neill stepping to the forefront in the fight against John Kerry in 2004. Your book is amazing and should become required reading in all of our schools.

It is my firm belief that your personal resolve and strength of character are what made the SwiftVets as potent a force as they are. There is no doubt that without the SwiftVets Bush would likely have lost this election. I only hope that the history writers give you, John O'Neill, the honor and credit that you deserve.

Sir, you are a true American Patriot. May God Bless you and yours.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Thank you, John O'Neill and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, for your tireless and valiant effort in this tremendous battle for the presidency. Truly, there is something glorious about the return of fate to allow John O'Neill to revisit and bring to justice the man whose words assailed the honor of American Vietnam veterans so.

God bless you, Mr. O'Neill and thank you from the bottom of my heart.
pegm
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot say anything better than what has been said before me on this thread. I feel our money was well spent, and used to great effect. You put yourself out there on the front lines again to protect our country, and for that you have our undying gratitude. Thanks for the parade.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A previous thread which highlights my feeling about the
great John O'Neill
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7117

Enjoy the images.

I'm going out to buy a jack hammer and climbing ropes because
Mount Rushmore needs another face.: John O'Neill
Stee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. O'Neill-- you sir are a true hero. A true swiftie-- watching you face the bullets of lies and slander with out blinking or wavering. Taking shot after shot and replying with the TRUTH and nothing but TRUTH was nothing but inspiring to not only all who served with you but to those of us who wish we had the honor and integrity to stand beside you. Thank you does not do justice for all you have done................ but Thank you just the same.....
VietnamVetsWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks you all! Reply with quote

I want to thank John and Swifities/POW's too! Your efforts, and hard work won this election.
My husband cried this morning when the election was called. The first thing he said, was "I want to see John O'Neill on a program today! He feels wounds healing today!
He said during Kerry's speech today, that had it been anyone else up there conceding, he might feel a little sorry for them, (maybe) but that Kerry finally got the defeat he desreved, and now he(my husband) can sleep tonight!
Thanks again you guys, you have done more for the Vets, than I think anyone outside this group will ever know!
Our money was well spent.
You are all True American Patriots! God bless you all!
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. O'Neill, you showed us what one faithful man can accomplish, if he disregards his personal discomfort, maintains unflinching loyalty to his fellow men, and spends his energy relentlessly in pursuit of justice.

You have inspired many, and have helped unite a citizen army committed to turning back the tide of destruction that threatens the America we love, and endangers the people of the world who look to us in hope.

For our children and our grandchildren, we must carry the battle forward, relentless as John O'Neill in our determination to hear, speak and carry the truth into the face of the enemies of truth, not counting the cost.
To do less is to deserve less than the great country we call the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Thank you for reminding us of who we ought to be.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr O'Neil, Mr Gardner, the other Swifties, and POWs,

Thank you so much for coming forward and getting the truth out. Through all your harrassing interviews and namecalling from the left, you all remained professional and never let them have the upper hand. You brought the worst out of your opponents and came away each time as the victor.

You also taught me about a time I knew very little about due to the media bias and liberal rewrite of history. I only hope we can undo their damage and bring the true story to light.

I can't find the words to express how relieved and happy I am for you all in your victory of this battle.

Your courage and conviction will never go unforgotten in my household.

May God Bless all of you and your families,

Ann
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what shaped the character of John O'Neill, and is so evidenced in the honor and courage demonstrated by this amazing group of patriots...

Quote:
The Naval Academy has a unique clarity of purpose, expressed in our official mission:

"To develop midshipmen morally, mentally and physically and to imbue them with the highest ideals of duty, honor and loyalty in order to provide graduates who are dedicated to a career of naval service and have potential for future development in mind and character to assume the highest responsibilities of command, citizenship and government."

At the Naval Academy, the American people invest in the future of our nation. This is where we sustain the hopes that our nation will continue to live in peace and liberty. This is where we mold young people who will protect the freedom cherished by past and current generations and all those yet to come. This is where we develop the leaders of tomorrow and cultivate and nurture our core values of courage, honor and commitment. This is where many of our nation's finest young people make the commitment to serve their country, as so many have before them. This is where we accept responsibility for shaping a vision of America's future.

Now colleges from sea to sea may sing of colors true,
        But who has better right than we to hoist a symbol hue:
        For sailors brave in battle fair since fighting days of old
        Have proved the sailor’s right to wear the Navy Blue & Gold.

Four years together by the Bay, where Severn joins the tide,
        Then by the Service called away, we’re scattered far and wide;
        But still when two or three shall meet, and old tales be retold,
        From low to highest in the Fleet, we'll pledge the Blue & Gold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: