SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming Out of the Closet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pegm
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all the Swiftie and POW families. They have once again been the guardians at the gate. We are so thankful that you all were so diligent in your pursuit of the truth and putting it out into the public domain. We were honored to be able to help in our small way. What a return on our investment we got today!!! Thanks again to all of you.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also offer my heartfelt thanks to you for all this effort and the success it has brought to America, the Viet Nam veterans, and the families of so many suffering veterans. You have proven to our children that one person, one idea, one force built on a foundation of right, can make a difference in the world. I feel honored to have been allowed to participate in this mighty effort, led by truth, honor, and integrity. The problem has been fixed, the follow-up repairs are next.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mrs. Elliot,

I hope you enjoyed the witticisms and barbs exchanged on the boards as well as the facts and figures. There were some spirited discussions here. I enjoyed contributing what I could as a non-military person. I have immense respect for our fine military and the people who make it what it is.

I sincerely hope the Vietnam Veterans secure the respect and appreciation for service and sacrifice they most rightfully earned.

SwiftVets are the best!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thanked the Swifties in several threads (and do again!) - but this time let me express my deep gratitude to the families of the Swift Vets. You have supported these men since their return, managing home, family, work, church, volunteering....

I don't pretend to know what it's been like - but I do know your support and strength is one of the main reasons we and they have been able to keep moving forward. You have the deep appreciation of all of us on these boards for the love and support you've given these men over the years - and through this battle.

Know that no matter how things develop in the future (and many of us are here to support you going forward - the war has not been won in its entirety) we are deeply grateful for your hard work, devotion...and service to your country.
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenny & George,

I have never felt so alive than I have for the past three months. Thanks for your sincere committment to publically expose the true character and nature of John Kerry and contribute to his defeat in this Presidential election. If he would have succeeded, it would have been the ultimate slap in the face to every Vietnam War Veteran.

The discussion forum has been very informative, and sometimes just an outlet to vent. It has been especially educational and I have discovered so many missing pieces - and, I am continuing to piece things together.

I know you are enjoying a "breather" for a time - and well deserved - however, I will be looking forward, in the near future, to begin to take on
liberal institutions and entertainment industries who relentlessly persists to
propagate a distorted view of the Vietnam War Veteran. If we don't set the record straight, the liberal view will stand uncontested and their distorted view will be taught to every grade school kid.

Keep up the good work.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. and Mrs. Elliott,

Thanks so much for all of the hard work and effort, and I really appreciate you posting to this forum acknowledging the work of the people here. I wish I could have done more, and contributed more, but times here are pretty tough right now. It was an honor for me to be a member of such a great team of true patriots and Americans again. Thanks to all the Swiftboat vets and supporters, and thank God we were successful. Blue skies to all.
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank YOU, Trenni! Look forward to more Odyssey "quality" deck-time! It's been a JOY.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenny - a very deep heartfelt thank you to you, your husband and your family ! And also to the Admiral, JOhn O'Neill and the other Swifties!

It has truely restored my faith in American people. That there are honorable people out there somewhere who put truth and integrity before self and money.

Because you all stepped forward and threw yourselves into the fire, so many more veterans and good 'ol Americans came forward and joined here - and I am eternally grateful for that! It was heartwarming to read posts and post with so many from all across the country - and a few outside of the country (like MrJapan)... so varied and yet all coming together for the saving of our country - and I truely consider it the actual 'saving' of our country. I for one, am honored if anything I contributed helped you in your research in any way (like maybe researching 'strange'... ) or if one of my posts brought a lift to your day (I am silly sometimes) - we all needed that sometimes because it was very stressful.

I got to feel like I really know so many here! I don't get out much so it gave me a way to help. I learned so much here - much that I'd forgotten about the Vietnam era - and much that I never knew. I was of age then, but not closely involved, as I had no family members serving at that time.

My wish is that as many Vets here as would like, would put together their memories of the war (including their personal views and feelings, emotions etc) and compile it into a book to tell the TRUE story of Vietnam from those who were actually there. Some photos included. I would like that for myself and for my children and grandchildren.

The Vietnam Vets are truely another GREAT generation of Americans!

The American people need to know this, and how it ended and why.

God bless you all!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found swiftvets in early June and found it be a sanctuary. It was a place I could go to find people like me...someone who loved their country but did not know what to do to help.

I became addicted to swiftvets...(drove my hubby and kids nuts as I was "always on")...but it truly helped and gave me a purprose. I became the e-mail queen. I e-mailed friends, family, networks, papers and kept on e-mailing.

When I was asked to moderate...it was a honor...and still is.

To all the swiftvets and their spouses I say Thank you for a job well done. You have made this vet proud and showed America that the men and women who served in Viet Nam did with honor and courage. I have never been more prouder to be a vet as I am today. This time we won!!!
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to echo the previous post. I have been addicted to this forum. While I am very very glad the mission was accomplished, I will miss reading the posts and research from you all. This whole experience has made me relive my Viet Nam war memories. I was in the last draft lottery and had been indoctinated by the kerrites into thinking vets were somehow evil. I realized 10 years later I was wrong, after talking to different vets about thier memories. I never meet a vet now that I don't thank for their service. Being a very small part of this movement has cleansed me somehow. My personal shame in how I acted during that time is now forgivin by me. I look at Stolen Honor and see men who deserve and hopefully will get the honor due them. I am so glad their story is finally been told. While I would like to forgive kerry, he needs to admit his mistakes and repent, before that can happen. God bless the Swiftys, POW's and everyone else who contributed to this cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: