SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best money I ever spent.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
The only money I ever donated to a political cause was right here. I think that says it all, folks. Much respect and gratitude from my family.

That goes for our family too! We just believed in this cause and these men, so deeply, that it was a no brainer. No one in our family was ever politically involved, other than our "vote". This time around, my family was found on a major intersection, on Saturday afternoons, waving signs heralding the Swift Boat Vets and POW's message. We passed out bumper stickers (SINK KERRY SWIFTLY) and talked to anyone who would listen about why John Kerry could not be our President. We bought the book, "Unfit for Command" and the DVD "Stolen Honor", passed them around to undecideds and even some DEM's. All in all, it was a fantastic lesson and profoundly life changing experience for all of us. No one in my family will ever take their "vote" for granted again, I can tell you that.
Thanks again to all you veterans who paid for this privilege, with your blood, sweat, and tears. Our gratitude is eternal.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bang for the Buck Reply with quote

STEVE Z WROTE:

"Maybe the contribution fund should be kept open, in order to defend John O'Neill if Kerry sues him for libel..."

Your probably right, unfortunately. I can think of no one I'd rather help with lawyer fees. John O'Neill is the face of these "hero's" and has our undying respect.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bang for the Buck Reply with quote

pneal wrote:
STEVE Z WROTE:

"Maybe the contribution fund should be kept open, in order to defend John O'Neill if Kerry sues him for libel..."

Your probably right, unfortunately. I can think of no one I'd rather help with lawyer fees. John O'Neill is the face of these "hero's" and has our undying respect.

The best defense is a good offence. I would be more then happy to contribute to the fund to prosecute John Kerry.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Best money I ever spent. Reply with quote

cstrick wrote:
I didn't have a lot of money to spend on the campaign, sent some early on to the the RNC, but the money I sent to the Swift Boat Vets was the best bang for the buck.

Thanks you!!!!!

Well, because of my dh disabilities and my needing to care for him we live on a "fixed income" so I could not send any money to the RNC or the SVPT. It really bothered me a lot that I couldn't so I prayed for the RNC, Pres. Bush and the SVPT.......and have been writing my butt off here to help make a small contribution. Very Happy
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Best money I ever spent. Reply with quote

doll wrote:
cstrick wrote:
I didn't have a lot of money to spend on the campaign, sent some early on to the the RNC, but the money I sent to the Swift Boat Vets was the best bang for the buck.

Thanks you!!!!!

Well, because of my dh disabilities and my needing to care for him we live on a "fixed income" so I could not send any money to the RNC or the SVPT. It really bothered me a lot that I couldn't so I prayed for the RNC, Pres. Bush and the SVPT.......and have been writing my butt off here to help make a small contribution. Very Happy

Thank you doll for your prayers that were heard and answered. We are all called to do what we can when our creator God lays a burden on our hearts.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belong to an online network that works at getting mail and packages out to the deployed troops.

When I first started reading through the message traffic and the databases of those in need, I broke down and cried. Unit of eight - gets very little mail, extended on station for four months. Young man lost his mother, who was the only one writing to him. Young woman, no family or friends to provide support from home. Platoon, little mail, no American snack foods available, still on MRE's. No dining facilities.

"God, there are too many! I can't even begin to meet these needs! I can only do ten or twelve packages and about fifty cards, right now!"

But, someone wrote something that day that gave me a whole new outlook. In fact, I had it written on a sticky on the edge of my monitor...

"If your hands are busy or too full, God will just use someone else's."

From each of us, what we could do, to the group that ended up being the biggest weapon in the anti-Kerry-campaign arsenal.

And it worked.

As Toby Keith sings, "It's all right, and it's all good."

gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bang for the Buck Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
pneal wrote:
STEVE Z WROTE:

The best defense is a good offence. I would be more then happy to contribute to the fund to prosecute John Kerry.

O'Neill taking on Kerry-I've got more money for that !!!!! Razz Razz Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: