SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Somebody stealing scores of Propane tanks in Denver
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know: I was picturing little tanks like you use when you barbque.

So, no, that is not funny. Why Denver, I wonder?
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they are interested in NORAD, near Colorado Springs?
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could they get anywhere near it? It would be like trying to attack CentCom, wouldn't it? Even the US Olympic Training Center is fortified. Wouldn't they be going after soft, civilian targets? Terrorism is more effective when it hurts the general populace.

Schools, stuff like that. I just wonder why the Denver area.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they would probably rather go after civilians, like the article mentioned about London.

For so many cylinders having been stolen, maybe there is a cell working out of Denver and they will spread them across the USA to other cells?
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, they wouldn't have to spread them out, too risky. Raises the risk of detection. But then, what do I know about how lunatics think? (don't answer that) Denver is as good a place for a terrorist attack as any, I suppose.

If that what this is, then all it means is that they have a cell established in that area. Hey, could you load these tanks on a mid sized plane? U Haul? Ambulance? Some middle Eastern gentlemen (not to profile, God forbid I should profile, forgive me I will say ten Hail Marys. No, I cant do that either, forgive me for that, now. Confused ) were wanting to buy ambulances.

And remember, just because we are paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.

Because they are out to get us. And I am definitely paranoid.
commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannity just mentioned he's going to have a rally in CO Springs. Hmmm...
/CD
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then that would more likely be domestic terrorists. Whacked out anarchists, like they grow in that camp in Oregon.

Islamofascists aren't that political.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
About 100 propane gas cylinders have been stolen since July and so far, none of them has been recovered, Ferrugia said.

Quote:
The missing tanks are not the small cylinders people use on their barbecue, or the kind that would be stolen for meth labs. These are larger cylinders that contain liquid propane to power forklifts and for other commercial purposes.

Quote:
The commercial propane tanks weigh 33 pounds, contain 7.8 gallons of liquid propane...

The "small ones" (I own 4) for barbeques and pop-up campers wegh 25 pounds ... these are not that much bigger.
I'd be surprised if the number of 25 and 33-pound tanks missing were only 100, considering there are about that many at a lot of grocery stores and gas stations in the "exchange" bins.

What would worry me is if I learned that 100 of the TALL tanks (100 pounders) had been stolen.

But, then again, when I heard the 911 hijackers used box cutters, my reaction was (and still is) "They did what with what? You're kidding. Nobody stopped them?"
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver has the Rocky Flats plutonium manufacturing/processing facility, unless it's been totally cleaned up by now. Let's hope the Feds are all over this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: