SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Douglas Brinkley
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
Be ready for an all out attack against Adm. Hoffman in the coming months by those Brinkley has recruited. These will be people who served with Adm. Hoffman during his tour in Vietnam. When asked during one of his TV interviews why he was so hard on Hoffman in his book, TOD, he responded something like this, " compared to what will be coming out about Adm. Hoffman after the election you will find that I was more than fair to him." Brinkley knows that if he can soil the reputation and credibility of the Admiral he may yet save himself.

Well, I don't know the context of his threat... perhaps he was counting on a Kerry victory. If that had been the case, I have little doubt that the dogs would have been unleashed on all of us who may have been identifiable... IRS audits, BATFE raids... whatever power that could be abused under color of authority.

However, since Brinkley's hero has been sent packing, I think anything he tries to peddle will be viewed as "sour grapes".

In my opinion, Brinkley is a despicable fraud, his Kerry panegyric is a fraud, and anything he is foolish enough to trot out in a misguided attempt to hurt Admiral Hoffmann will likely be viewed the same way.

If he happens to be stupid enough to try, I pledge my support to the Admiral here and now.

And I will be delighted to see him destroy whatever remains of his pathetic credibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: