SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets just call this "off topic"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well only Scott and God knows what he did or did not do. I have had the feeling he was guilty by his actions. I know people react differently, but had it been my child and spouse (I'm a woman so I have to improvise here), I would have been devasted. What I think happened in Peterson's case is there wasn't just one thing. No, I would not have convicted for one or two of those things alone, but it was sooooo many numerous items that added up. I'll list a few.

1. Body floated up right where he said he was fishing, which is 90 miles from where they lived.
2. He told Amber Fry he was a widower and it was the first Christmas since her death. He told her this before Lacy disappeared.
3. As the police were searching the Bay, he kept watch up on the hill, but didn't do that for other locations they were searching.
4. He bought a boat and told no one about it.
5. He said he was going fishing for a certain fish, but brought along fresh water lures.
6. He had $10,000.00 in cash, his brother's passport, dyed hair, a goatee and a car purchased under his mother's name down near the border of Mexcio when they found the body. I think I would have hauled my butt back up to where they lived if my loved ones had been found.
7. There was Lacy's hair on the pliars found in a boat that she didn't know about.
8. He told his sister in law that he was going golfing the day he actually went fishing.
9. The dogs picked up her scent either in the boat or the pier he docked at, at a place she hadn't been.
10. He tried to sell her car and put their house on the market very shortly after she disappeared.
11. Oh yes, one other thing, he did research on the currents in the Bay where her body floated up before he left for fishing and before she disappeared.

Those are just a few. Either the man has the worse luck in the world or he is guilty. Yes, he is a cad and a horrible person. Does that mean he killed his wife, not necessarily. But without sitting in the jury box and seeing all the evidence, all the other stuff we see looks mighty suspicious to me. I just wish they wouldn't sensationalize all this stuff and give these guys all this media attention. I'm sure he is going to have numerous women write to him and become his prison bride, just like Lyle and Eric Menendez and that Richard (Ramirez) guy. He has celebrity status now.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that someone is innocent until proven guilty. But the rest of that statement is--'in a court of law.' Those of us who have discussed it, the talking heads on TV, lawyers, prosecutors, etc., do not make up the 'court of law.' They are the general public and in no way influence the outcome of a trial. Decisions are made by a 'jury of his/her peers'--it doesn't matter how those of us on the outside feel about it. After I had it up to here with coverage of this trial, I used my remote. The one time I was glued to my TV was when they were ready to announce the verdict. I believe he received a fair trial--he had one of the best attorneys money can buy--unfortunately for him, the jury felt he was guilty because of the evidence presented by the Prosecution.
tractorsq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: you're right Reply with quote

Hey, we are on the same page here. If scott is guilty I say let him swing. I wasn't in the jury box and all the evidence I got came from the same media who portrayed Kerry as if he was normal. Scott had no brains, anyone who would want Amber over Lacy has a screw loose to begin with.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the guy is brainless, It was funny listening to his phony phone call acting like he was in France. Seems like all the losers like France? I have a boat like his and I can throw 150 pounds overboard, dragging it on-board is a whole different ball game. I hope Greta gets back on track cause I had to give her up because she kept bringing that idiot Jason Falconer (unemployed nothing) on her show. There is just one more thing I want to know about, why did Geragos park that boat there? For whatever reason I think it backfired, I think he should give back all the money he scammed out of the Petersons! Rolling Eyes
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm? I wonder if they have a pair of night vision goggles and some old camos that would fit him. They still need folks in Iraq checking out empty buildings for booby traps.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt its over...
I think there will be an appeal....
Two jurors dismissed during dileberations??? And another went early in the trial.... something was definitely WRONG....

This whole thing has been a media circus.... And Why??? It was a horrible crime, but worse happens a lot of places.... Her family is rich & influencial & bought alot of PR....

From what I heard, it sounded like a weak, circumstancial case .... tried in the media.... I don't think you could find an unbiased jury... The media KNEW he was quilty...

The media should have been thrown OUT of the courtroom and kept out... they were prejudicial....

But, as to the last comment about needing folks in Iraq for hazardous duty, Do you remember "The Dirty Dozen" - WWII - convicted convicts go behind enemy lines.... ?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's California, so this is probably considered a pretty smooth trial. Look at the OJ Simpson circus for comparison.

...I still watch "The Dirty Dozen" when it comes on one of the movie channels. Good action. Great idea.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted by Admin

Independent that leans right of center.
Poacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least with the rights and wrongs of a conviction, on conviction for murder in the States life means life. Here in the UK 10 years is being advocated. Now how does that sound to you all. Here it sounds like a licence to commit murder. Don't let the lefties take over or you will have a crime free for all just like we have now.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not watched Greta since late spring when she told her audience that her husband was working for the Kerry campaign. So, I'm sure that I've missed a lot of the evidence. However, what are the odds of the body washing up very near to the same spot Scott was fishing on the very day of the disappearance? Remember this is miles from their home in the huge state of California. Come on, the guy did it.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poacher, thanks for that eye-opening warning of where we may be headed if we continue to soften the penalties on crime and don't hold people accountable for their actions. Perhaps this just concluded election was a shot across the bow of the Leftists who want to drive us in that direction.

I once heard an anecdote about the last hangman in England. He was asked the question "do you believe the death penalty is a deterrent to crime?" He paused for a moment and then replied, "Personally, I do believe it is a deterrent, but there is one fact I can state categorically: I never hanged a repeat offender"
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appeals could be interesting, especially if the 2 kicked jurors were voting "not guilty".
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier this morning, one of the legal analysts for Foxnews, Mercedes something or other, said the foreman of the jury that requested to be relieved did so because he claimed the other jurors were threatening him. Don't know where she got her information, but if it's so, this case gets stranger by the minute.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Earlier this morning, one of the legal analysts for Foxnews, Mercedes something or other, said the foreman of the jury that requested to be relieved did so because he claimed the other jurors were threatening him. Don't know where she got her information, but if it's so, this case gets stranger by the minute.

The jury situation is a quagmire. I still say something is off and suspect. If that report is true, then I suspect it will not be diffcult to file for an appeal on the grounds of jury misconduct.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotts family and O.J. could carpool (save bucks) looking for the "real killer"------Ya Buddy! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: