SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSM Exagerating and Lying about Marines AGAIN......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: MSM Exagerating and Lying about Marines AGAIN...... Reply with quote

doll wrote:
There should not be these media mongering MSM whimps embedded with our troops. The media needs to get out of the battle field and let our men and women do their job.

Yes, kick them out of the battle field
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the MSM would prefer that Marine die (by a boobytrap) when he approached that injured terrorist. Evil or Very Mad If that had happened, you can bet your bottom dollar the MSM would'nt of mentioned the incident at all, or if they did, add the number to the figure of Americans "killed by Bush". Evil or Very Mad As far as I am concerened, that Marine simply did his duty and sent that Islamofacists to his 72 waiting virgins. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
I guess the MSM would prefer that Marine die (by a boobytrap) when he approached that injured terrorist. Evil or Very Mad If that had happened, you can bet your bottom dollar the MSM would'nt of mentioned the incident at all, or if they did, add the number to the figure of Americans "killed by Bush". Evil or Very Mad As far as I am concerened, that Marine simply did his duty and sent that Islamofacists to his 72 waiting virgins. Twisted Evil

Absolutely true. Furthermore, the MSM would never report how this marine probably not only saved his own life and the lives of his fellow soldiers, but the life of that low life MSM reporter that lived to make it a story. That reporter in my opinion is an ungrateful a**.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember in "Saving Private Ryan" the POW that they freed that came back and killed some of them....

In battle, there are judgement calls that are difficult to make...
The news needs to drop it until the investigation is completed and legal action is either deemed unnecessary or takes place.... we don't need months of this being used by the enemy

When MSNBC had this report, Chris M. first asked the spinning head if the reporting seemed to be in context (i.e. not spun) ?

MSNBC evidently is the least trusted news source of the election - only picked by 6% of those surveyed....
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight. If they had tossed in a few fragemntation grenades before they walked in everything would be fine. But if a Marine puts a round in the head of a maybe already dead terrorist in a building from which his unit has taken fire for two days he's wrong? WTF Over?

I think he deserves an atta boy, not criticism. If they don't want to risk having their wounded shot, maybe they should stop rigging their dead and wounded with bombs. Doh!
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really despise the arrogant condecending moralizing by those damned TV comentators. Who in hell gave any of them leave to comment on the morality of combat any way?
YAAGHH this pisses me off no end Mad Mad Mad I wish some sand monkey would shoot that damn snoop. Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Isn't it enough to report the news without bothering us with all that posturing?
If I had been there, I would have figured out some way to off that snoop and make it look like the monkeys did it. Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

MSM just doesn't get it.

Our military at war needs our support and love.

If a crime has been commited I believe that justice will be served.

Let us trust that those Americans who died for Iraq's freedom and for our safety will have the honor they deserve
when they return home.

I salute those fallen in battle.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice was served when that monkey got zapped. I don't know why anybody would bother to take prisoners any way in that situation. I certainly wouldn't. To hell with the dweezils and snoops. Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no video of a still, disemboweled female corpse?

Look at the glass half full. Our Marine employed cost-effective measures by only using one bullet.
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading this thread after seeing the news reports. I am so upset and disgusted about how this Marine is being treated. I just spoke to a friend's father, who is 84, and served on the US Missouri during WWII. We have a democrat congressman, Tim Bishop, here on Long Island. My friend's father knows Mr. Bishop and spoke with his assistant about this and told him that in WWII, this was not something that would be a story on the news and that the US population BACKED their military DURING WAR. He asked this assistant what he thought about it and what could be done to help this Marine. Of course, this assistant is against the war and mentioned that the Geneva Convention must be followed (even though the terrorists AREN'T bound by ANY rules), but he said IF there was a petition sent to Mr. Bishop, then Mr. Bishop could show this petition to congress members and then something could possibly be done. I don't know whether or not this is the truth, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any online petition for this that can be signed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
~ILUVTHEUSA
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he desires a silver star....the press needs to stay home...
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reporter who filed the original story is Kevin Sites of NBC.

He has a website here:

http://www.kevinsites.net/2004_11_07_archive.html#110027008986926487

You can email him here:

kevin@kevinsites.net

If you watch the original piece he gives good context to the situation. A Marine buddy of his was just killed when a body had been booby-trapped with a bomb.

Not even the dead bodies are safe there. These people are worse than animals and should be treated as such.

I am disappointed though since I'm sure Kevin knew what the rest of the media would do with this story. After Abu Ghraib and what the media did with that one I start to wonder what side of the war our media is on. Do they even consider themselves Americans anymore?

Notice how you didn't even see a story on the evening news about how they dismembered that polish woman and disemboweled her as well as mangling her face. They did that either before, during or after they slit her throat.

With all the pressure they put on these Marines with the rules of engagement I'm surprised they even hold it together most of the time.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the next Marine be able to shoot, before he is shot....
Timberwolf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dramatic footage was taken Saturday by pool correspondent Kevin Sites of NBC television, who said three other prisoners wounded a day earlier in the mosque had also apparently been shot the next day by the Marines.

I picked this up on drudge. It looks to me like they are now trying to say that our marines not only shot this one insurgent/prisoners, but also three more. This Kevin Sites wouldn't happen to be a skerry democrat, Bush hater, do you think? Notice the word APPARENTLY, meaning the reporter did not even have any facts at all.
I'm waiting for the MSM's outradge about not allowing ambulances into the city while the siege was under way LOL. Natuarlly they'll leave out the fact that they use ambulances for transporting ammo and insurgents.
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one can know what these Marines have been going through. We can only surmize. This is the same reporter who, while working for CNN, was divulging information about battle plans on his website. He was susequently fired by CNN and is back in the field with NBC. These "reporters" have only one loyalty and that is to show the US forces in the worst light possible, thereby, devaluating the Bush Presidency.

My thoughts and prayers are with this unfortunate Marine. He was trying to save the lives of his buddies and now he's caught in a politically motivated cesspool.

Yes, we need to follow this story very carefully and do our utmost to see that he's not going to be the "scapegoat". However, I feel that the wheels are already in motion to satisfy the screaming fanatics of the left.

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: