SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ave. enlisted marine I.Q under 90????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, when I joined the Army in the late 70s I took a battery of tests (ASVAB). One of the scores, the GT score, is equivalent to the IQ score.

When Mensa was recruiting at the language school they said if your GT score was above a certain level you could apply. Wow. What they couldn't explain is how membership was going to help when you're stationed in Armpit, South Korea or some other wonderland.

My XO at Ft. Bragg was a product of OCS and he actually believed the crap they taught him about enlisted being morons. I did my duty as a sergeant and took him aside and pointed out the guys who had college degrees and had volunteered to be enlisted. I knew of 8 or 10 of us. He did the old jaw drop and wide eyes, then promptly shut up about that stuff.

Maybe this reporter just believes the crap somebody equally misinformed has spewed in his direction.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumper Sticker:

"My Kid Beat Up Your Honor Student"
Samileino
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the entire article and my take on it was the usual leftist head patting. It's okay you don't know any better...you're stupid...what an idiot sucha low IQ...and have been traumatized by war. You don't know that you did bad to choose to fight for your country. You don't know that you did bad to defend yourself and your fellows in making sure an enemy who was not following the Geneva convention if alive was not going to harm any other soldiers. Oh yeah and according to him you just stupid poor person who could be beaten down and rebuilt. Calling the enemy "beaten soldiers" says it all for me. They are not soldiers they are scum. They do not fight under the Geneva convention and their games are deadly. Gee he doesn't blame you?....wow that's huge for a pacifist.

Sami
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Marine IQ Reply with quote

If you were to take a Canadian journalist's brain and magnify it by a factor of 1,000,000 and roll the resulting gray matter down the sharp edge of a razor blade, it would look like a BB rolling down a four lane highway.

George F. Thompson, Msgt, (Ret). USN/USAF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: