SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEC Complaint Filed Against Kerry, CBS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
The word that descibes the whole scenario is slander! Evil or Very Mad

What is slander? How is it defined? How do you prosecute it? How do you punish it? Do we just allow people to hide behind the 1st amendment and spew what ever they want without prosecuting them? Isn't that what we did with Kerry's 1971 senate testimony? Enough already let us the SVPT supporters take up a collection and prosecute those involved in slanderous behavior.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article at Broadcasting & Cable hints that Mapes could file suit
against CBS for wrongful dismissal. I doubt she will. She would have
to answer a LOT of questions.

Unsolved Mysteries
Five questions the CBS 60 Minutes panel didn't answer

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA497021.html?display=News&referral=SUPP
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mapes said she was made a scapegoat. I'd love to see a lawsuit by her against CBS but I know they would never allow it. They need to protect against having to answer questions themselves such as the practice of somehow only hiring left wing idealogues. They don't want the truth to get in the way of their agenda.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Forged Killian Memos: 45 Second Briefing

http://www.scyllacharybdis.blogspot.com/
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

army72 wrote:
Mapes said she was made a scapegoat. I'd love to see a lawsuit by her against CBS but I know they would never allow it. They need to protect against having to answer questions themselves such as the practice of somehow only hiring left wing idealogues. They don't want the truth to get in the way of their agenda.

MSN has plenty of money or connections to buy their way through this controversy with Mapes. It would be my guess that they'll soft-peddle the story till they can blame conservative for sour grapes.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not take any comfort at all in the FEC investigation of Kerry and CBS.

I want a high profile trial like the O.J. or Peterson case. I want the wrong doings of Kerry and the MSM paraded in front of America on the cable networks until America is fully educated about the facts of Kerry and honor is returned to our Vietnam Veterans.

CWV

army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
I do not take any comfort at all in the FEC investigation of Kerry and CBS.

I want a high profile trial like the O.J. or Peterson case. I want the wrong doings of Kerry and the MSM paraded in front of America on the cable networks until America is fully educated about the facts of Kerry and honor is returned to our Vietnam Veterans.

CWV

I like it but really don't expect much!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Thomas Lindaman: "Implausible Deniability" Reply with quote

Implausible Deniability
Putting the "BS" in CBS
By Thomas Lindaman
CommonConservative.com
January 16, 2005

That collective sigh of relief coming from New York City recently originated in CBS headquarters from the office of Dan Rather. With the recent release of an independent panel's findings on the "Memogate" scandal, CBS has been scrambling to at least give the appearance that they will do things better going forward. In a stunning move, four employees, including three executives, were fired, and but Rather, the most visible figure of this controversy, is still allowed to eat at the CBS employee commissary.

After reviewing the findings of the panel, I had two thoughts: we can't trust the findings of the panel because they're tiptoeing around the main issue like CBS is, and I really need a cheeseburger. One trip to Wendy's later, I was left with the nagging impression that the panel really didn't do its job, and certainly not to the level that we expected. The report reminded me a lot of the 9/11 Commission: appearing to take action, but really just a waste of time because we could have written the report the day after it was announced that a panel would be formed to "investigate" and come up with "solutions."

And what did they both come up with? Crap. Absolute, utter, 100% USDA Grade A Crap.

The main problem I had with the panel's conclusions was that they said there was no political agenda pushing the story forward to air. You would have to be blind, a CBS sycophant, or Paris Hilton not to see the biases in play. First off, we were told about Bush's Air National Guard service in 2000, and many of the same questions that came up then and answered in the public's eyes were brought up in 2004. The public didn't really care then, and they didn't care in 2004. So why bring it back up if people are paying it less attention than Janet Reno at a nude beach?

Can you say "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth"?

CommonConservative.com - cont'd.

Hattip: American Daily

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great post by Me#1You#10.

I nominatre Me#1You#10 the best poster on this board.

CWV

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that - I don't know how he finds all these "off the beaten path" articles! Smile

I like this guy's writing style, too.... "After a trip to Wendy's..... " Very Happy
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I'll second that - I don't know how he finds all these "off the beaten path" articles! Smile

I like this guy's writing style, too.... "After a trip to Wendy's..... " Very Happy

Navy_Navy_Navy I would have to nominate you on Style points. Have you started in on your book yet? Somebody needs to capture all of the best stuff from this site and put it into a book. You are probably more familiar with what has been written here then anyone.

CWV

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the thoughts, but my cut 'n pasting doesn't hold a candle to the numerous wordsmiths in this forum. We all do what we can Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:

Navy_Navy_Navy I would have to nominate you on Style points. Have you started in on your book yet? Somebody needs to capture all of the best stuff from this site and put it into a book. You are probably more familiar with what has been written here then anyone.

CWV

Very Happy What a sweetheart! But, no books for me. I get details all scrambled up and have to have people draw me pictures of who said what and when and did what and when... I'd make the craziest timeline of all creation. (Come to think of it, it's worked so far for Michael Moore-on to just make **** up and intentionally mislead on timelines, so maybe I could make it work for me, too? LOL!)

There has been absolute brillliance and inspiration and ingenuity on this board. But, who wrote it? Duhhh.... I dunno! Very Happy

Beatrice and Kate and Lew and me#1 and carpro and a whole slew of others to many to name would remember better than I who has had the facts, the good stories, the perfect comebacks.

There are books on this board, to be sure. We've corrected a lot of history here and brought a lot of truth out into the light of day, all the while battling to keep from caving in to the urge to just throw mud and see what sticks. All of you are to be highly commended for keeping to the high road.

And me#1 - no one really knows how many hours a day you've worked to give this board life and vitality and order. But, I do. And I'm allowed to brag on you whenever I want. Razz

Thanks, CWV - that was a nice note that I will paste in my scrapbook. Wink

Y'all have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: