SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carlton Sherwood Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: POWs and Carlton Sherwood File Suit Against John Kerry and Anthony Podesta for Defamation, Conspiracy

Carlton Sherwood, Red, White and Blue Productions, Inc. and Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation v. John F. Kerry and Anthony T. Podesta

On October 3, 2005, Carlton Sherwood, Red, White and Blue, and the VVLF filed suit in Federal court against Sen. John Kerry and Anthony Podesta for events relating to the suppression of the documentary film Stolen Honor.

Legal Documents:

Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation - Lawsuits

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Response to Bjornson Complaint Reply with quote

Update: John Kerry Surrogates File New Lawsuits Against Vietnam POWs and Carlton Sherwood

Jon Bjornson, M.D. v. Carlton Sherwood and Red, White and Blue Productions, Inc., Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation and NewsMax

Another "Winter Soldier" has brought a lawsuit claiming that he was libeled by Carlton Sherwood's documentary Stolen Honor. In a complaint filed August 25, 2005, nearly a year after Stolen Honor was released, a man named Jon Bjornson alleges that Stolen Honor implied he was a "fraud and a liar" who made up stories of atrocities by US soldiers in Vietnam in order to deceive the American people. Bjornson's name was never mentioned in Stolen Honor.

Represented by the same counsel representing Kenneth Campbell in his defamation lawsuit against Carlton Sherwood, Bjornson has sued not only Sherwood but also the VVLF and its board of directors. Four members of the VVLF's board are veterans who served more than five years each as POWs in North Vietnamese prisons. The VVLF did not yet exist when Stolen Honor was put together and released.

Like Kenneth Campbell, whose suit against the VVLF and Carlton Sherwood is described below, Bjornson testified at the Winter Soldier Investigation in 1971. John Kerry relied on Bjornson's and others' accounts of war crimes and atrocities when he testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that war crimes were authorized "at every level of command."

Legal Documents:

Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation - Lawsuits

note: Updated link to include Sherwood et al response to complaint. Topic re-named/me#1

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Response to Bjornson Complaint Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
VVLF wrote:
Like Kenneth Campbell, whose suit against the VVAW and Carlton Sherwood is described below, Bjornson testified at the Winter Soldier Investigation in 1971.

I believe that should read VVLF not VVAW.

I read that several times at the VVLF site but didn't see the error until you posted it here.

Of course I would love to be wrong and find out Campbell did sue the VVAW. Laughing

note: Text was amended. Thanks/me#1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: