SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Protest Cindy Sheehan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted it so the folks behind firewalls can see it. At work I can't link to the smoking gun.
Yes, he wants money and she has no job. Sounds like he may be thinkin she's making some cash on this.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
I just posted it so the folks behind firewalls can see it. At work I can't link to the smoking gun.
Yes, he wants money and she has no job. Sounds like he may be thinkin she's making some cash on this.

I know and I agree about the firewall.. I am fighting mine everyday >.<

Like I said, since it's out, might as well use it...
I'm not sure I totally agree about the money part.. I was thinking that he might be trying to protect himself from her greedy, self centered, slimy hands... And the impression that I got from all of the donations 'pouring in', I'm sure she has some on the side (or should I say skimming off the top.. <speculation>).. I know I shouldn't speculate/assume... I'm sure many of you have heard what happens when you assume something; you make an a** of you and me

1st time I heard that, I was in the law enforcement academy :p

OH... and I wasn't referring to you in my last post (Rdft), I was talking about TSG Wink
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I am no longer disgusted with Mrs. Sheehan. She is now a pathetic person who is being used by the antiwar movement for their own purposes. She has embarassed herself, her family and her community. Her husband is filing for divorce when he should be filing papers to have her committed. This woman is in serious need of psychiatric help and she's being goaded on by a bevy of leftist groups with an agenda.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
At this point I am no longer disgusted with Mrs. Sheehan. She is now a pathetic person who is being used by the antiwar movement for their own purposes. She has embarassed herself, her family and her community. Her husband is filing for divorce when he should be filing papers to have her committed. This woman is in serious need of psychiatric help and she's being goaded on by a bevy of leftist groups with an agenda.

The libs see an opening.. they take it. I think it's a great strategy... but very dehumanizing (sp?! ..new word?!) I just HOPE that people see this at face value, which I doubt the libs will Confused
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I originally posted this, I thought it would be a good idea to protest this self promoting, dispicable liar. At this point, I think that she has said and done enough to discredit herself, and the communist groups that are supporting her, that it is not necessary. I do think that continued demonstrations in support of our troops and our president are a good idea! All of what is going on is the result of the liberal scum trying to gain some ground in the senate in the 2006 elections. All you have to do is look at people like Joe Biden critcizing the war effort to see that they wish to create an atmosphere in the country similar to that of the Vietnam era. There is no end to how low they will sink to try to regain power!
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the self promoting scum had to say yesterday.

Cindy Sheehan
Mon Aug 15, 4:28 AM ET

The ninth day ended in the most awesome way. We were out at Camp Casey and it was sprinkling a little bit and it really looked like the rain was going to start pouring down anytime. We looked over into the next cow pasture and there was a full rainbow. Rainbows are supposedley God's sign of hope. When Casey was killed on 04/04/04, I thought that all of my hope was killed, too. Being involved in the peaceful occupation of Crawford and meeting hundreds of people from all over the world has given me so much hope for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

We had a lovely interfaith prayer service this morning. It was truly beautiful and we were all weeping while we were singing "Amazing Grace." But, during the service, one of our neighbors fired off a shot gun. He said he was shooting at birds, but he is tired of us being there and he wants us to leave. I didn't get to talk to him, but I told the media that if he wanted us to leave so badly, why doesn't he tell his other neighbor, George, to talk to me. We are good neighbors and we are cooperating with everyone. By the way, in case I forgot to blog it last night, the Sheriff has requested that I stay down in Crawford during the night, because he is afraid for my safety after he leaves. He said he would "sleep better" himself at night if I came into town to sleep. Judging from the shooting guns, I guess he was right.

George Bush took a 2 hour bike ride on Saturday, and when he got back, he was asked how he could go for a two hour bike ride when he doesn't have time to meet with me, and he said: "I have to go on with my life." (Austin Statesman, August 14) WHAT!!!!!????? He has to get on with his life!!! I am so offended by that statement. Every person, war fan, or not, who has had a child killed in this mistake of an occupation should be highly offended by that remark. Who does he think he is? I wish I could EVER be able to get on with my life. Getting on with my life means a life without my dear, sweet boy. Getting on with my life means learning to live with a pain that is so intense that sometimes I feel like throwing up, or screaming until I pass out from sorrow. I wish a little bike ride could help me get on with my life.

I need to focus on the positive, though, and there is so much. I had so many amazing things happen today. I couldn't walk through Camp Casey or the Crawford Peace House today without hugging people and getting my picture taken. Now I know how Mickey Mouse feels at Disneyland. I had a soldier from Ft. Hood come out today and he brought me a small stone with a First Cavalry insignia painted on it and the pictures of three of his beautiful buddies who were murdered there by George's reckless policies. It was such an incredible moment for me when he said: "Keep on doing what you are doing. We are so proud of you. Casey would be so proud of you."

I just wish George had as much courage in his entire body as Casey had in his little pinky, then he would meet with me. Crawford, Tx. is beautiful prairie land, but I could think of dozens of other places I would rather be right now. However, if George or anybody else thinks I am leaving before my mission is "accomplished" they have another think coming. I will stay the course. I will finish the mission. I will take no prisoners.

By the way, we had about 7 counter protesters today and hundreds at Camp Casey...don't let the mainstream media say differently.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, we had about 7 counter protesters today and hundreds at Camp Casey...don't let the mainstream media say differently.

this nutbag actually thinks the MSM is not on her side?
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: So go. Reply with quote

So, go for a bike ride, loser. Or get a JOB?
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Quote:

this nutbag actually thinks the MSM is not on her side?

Sorry, dunno the source(s)... but in the last few months, I have seen that the majority of libs think (say anyway) that all of the news media are RIGHT leaning.... go figure :p
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although you can not beleive a word that this woman says, there may have been only a small number of counter protesters out on MONDAY. Most Americans have jobs! ******* liberals like those stinking up Texas have nothing better to do with their useless lives. These people have deluded themselves into thinking that the majority of the country agree with them.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
Sorry, dunno the source(s)... but in the last few months, I have seen that the majority of libs think (say anyway) that all of the news media are RIGHT leaning.... go figure :p

Their perception may be grounded in some actual fact, as was pointed out by Bernie Goldberg in "Bias". Unfortunately, with the historical left-leaning bias of the media over the last 3 decades, the ideological goalposts have been moved. What might have been considered "leftist" 30 years ago is now being defined (and perceived by moonbats)as "centrist". We have a long way to go to re-shift this paradigm...but the "New Media" is beginning to affect a change.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
MrJapan wrote:

Their perception may be grounded in some actual fact, as was pointed out by Bernie Goldberg in "Bias". Unfortunately, with the historical left-leaning bias of the media over the last 3 decades, the ideological goalposts have been moved. What might have been considered "leftist" 30 years ago is now being defined (and perceived by moonbats)as "centrist". We have a long way to go to re-shift this paradigm...but the "New Media" is beginning to affect a change.

Haven't heard that term (moving fieldgoals) in a few months Laughing

I think you may have a good point there... This is a good way to understand 'moving fieldgoals'... They just try to keep moving it their way Evil or Very Mad

WE should (as a people of the USA) try to make a balance, which was the whole resaon for the Constitution, the DoI, the BOR, AND the amendments that followed... is there no way?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Matthews actually asked her some tough questions here and explained the common sense justification for the war -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8972147/

Quote:
Sheehan plays 'Hardball' with Matthews
Leader of protest outside of Bush's Crawford ranch explains her stance

MSNBC
Updated: 11:50 a.m. ET Aug. 16, 2005

With Cindy Sheehan's protest outside of President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, in its ninth day on Monday, Hardball's Chris Matthews talked with the California mother who lost a son in Iraq and is demanding to meet with President Bush.

To read an excerpt of their conversation, continue to the text below. To watch the video, click on the "Launch" button to the right.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: What's the latest ... I know it is a tragic situation. Let me ask you, are you asking now for a meeting with the president? Or some other kind of occasion?

CINDY SHEEHAN: We're still asking for the meeting with the president to discuss my concerns that I've brought up. But also, we're having a worldwide moment of silent prayer on Friday at noon for those soldiers who are still in Iraq and their families and for the people who have been killed and for their families. And we've invited our neighbors to join us. And George Bush is one of our neighbors so we've invited him to join us. He says he cares about the troops and we care about the troops. Maybe that's something we can find common ground on to begin our discussion. ...

MATTHEWS: This is serious business. The purpose of your vigil is to get an answer from the president. It is not to demonstrate against the war, right? It is to get an answer from the president. ... Is the purpose of your visit to demonstrate against war or to get the president to say something he hasn't said so far?

SHEEHAN: It is actually to hold him accountable for things he has already said, Chris. Last week, it wasn't last week. The week before when I started this, 14 marines had been killed from the same unit in the same incident. And that not will only broke my heart. Every day is a new sense of tearing my heart out of my body again, when I see other children who have been killed and I know what their families are going through. That broke my heart.

And that angered me and it also made me kind of feel like a failure because I've been working for months to bring the truth to the American people, to wake them up to the fact that this is a war based on lies and to try to put pressure on the government to bring our troops home. In fact, I've been on your show before, a couple months ago ... I have been doing this. I just didn't climb out of the woodwork last Saturday and start this odyssey.

But when he was speaking about the terrible loss of life that day, and we had 30 troops killed in the first five days of August, which was heart breaking and tragic for the families and to their communities, but he came out and he said they died for a noble cause. And you know, Chris, I never have believed that a war of aggression against a country that posed no threat to the United States of America is a noble cause. So I want to ask him what the noble cause is.

And I also know that if he believes it is such a noble cause, what we're doing over in Iraq, which he hasn't defined that really clearly, and like my sister says, it changes all the time. If you believe it is a noble cause, does he encourage his daughters to go and fight? We know there are soldiers there who are in their third tour of duty that don't want to be there and they want to come home. And we know there are soldiers who have been in the military for eight years and they're stop loss and held hostage over there and they want to come home.

So if people believe this is a noble cause, then they should be willing to put their own skin in the game. And there are so many people who say yes, we're fighting over there for a noble cause but they are not willing to sacrifice their own lives or their own children's lives for this. And I don't think they should myself, you know.

And the other thing he always says is that we have to honor the sacrifices of the fallen by completing the mission. Well, Chris, I had my heart and soul ripped out on April 4th, 2004. As a mother, why would I want any other mother to suffer the way I am? Why would I want one more of our dear children to be killed for this mistake, for the lives in Iraq? And those are the answers I want from the president.

MATTHEWS: Can I ask you a tough question? A very tough question.

SHEEHAN: Yes.

MATTHEWS: All right. If your son had been killed in Afghanistan, would you have a different feeling?

SHEEHAN: I don't think so, Chris, because I believe that Afghanistan is almost the same thing. We're fighting terrorism. Or terrorists, we're saying. But they're not contained in a country. This is an ideology and not an enemy. And we know that Iraq, Iraq had no terrorism. They were no threat to the United States of America.

MATTHEWS: But Afghanistan was harboring, the Taliban was harboring al-Qaida which is the group that attacked us on 9/11.

SHEEHAN: Well then we should have gone after al-Qaida and maybe not after the country of Afghanistan.

MATTHEWS: But that's where they were being harbored. That's where they were headquartered. Shouldn't we go after their headquarters? Doesn't that make sense?

SHEEHAN: Well, but there were a lot of innocent people killed in that invasion, too. ... But I'm seeing that we're sending our ground troops in to invade countries where the entire country wasn't the problem. Especially Iraq. Iraq was no problem. And why do we send in invading armies to march into Afghanistan when we're looking for a select group of people in that country?

So I believe that our troops should be brought home out of both places where we're obviously not having any success in Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden is still on the loose and that's who they told us was responsible for 9/11.

MATTHEWS: The reason I ask that because a lot of Americans believe going to Afghanistan made since because we were doing what the president said he would do that very day. A couple days after 9/11. He said I'm going to get the people that attacked these buildings. And he went over and got them. And that was where America was so united. Whereas Iraq has caused a deep division. Let me give you a statement that seems to show some division in your family. One of your relatives has given this statement to a conservative radio commentary for distribution.

"The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports our troops, our country, and our president, silently, with prayer and respect. Sincerely, Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins."

So it seems like you have a division in your family.

SHEEHAN: Those are on my husband's side of the family. And we've always been politically on different sides of the fence. I have always been a Democrat and they have always been Republicans, so we've always had a good-natured kind of debate within that family. But you know what, we support the troops. How can they say by what I'm doing I don't support the troops?

The troops are over there for a mistake and not one of them, not one drop of blood should have been spilled in Iraq. Why are they still over there? Why are they still dying and why are the Iraqi people still dying? Because it is a mistake. And it was based on deceptions.

And another thing about that side of the family, they barely knew Casey. They barely had a relationship with him. They call him their beloved Casey. He was my hero, Chris, before he was killed. I knew him so well.

MATTHEWS: Were your husband's parents and grandparents on your side close to Casey?

SHEEHAN: Out of all those people who signed the letters, they know him the most but they didn't really keep up a relationship with him either. ...

MATTHEWS: Why are they going to war with you in public? Why are they issuing a statement for national release through a conservative radio talk show host? ... Why would they put out a statement that goes in the face of what you're doing in your camp?

SHEEHAN: You know, like I've said, we've always been on different sides of the fence politically. And my sister was Casey's second mom. And she is standing here next to me in solidarity and agreement with me.

MATTHEWS: ... Let me ask you about your situation. Cindy, this is a tricky situation. Every time a family has a tragedy and the loss of a son, your oldest, must be unimaginable.

Sometimes husbands and wives grieve in very different ways and it often leads to separation and divorce. Is that what has happened between and you your husband? Or is this a partisan fight that we're seeing in the open that's behind us? The separation and divorce of you and your husband?

SHEEHAN: My husband has always agreed with me philosophically. And he only disagreed with the intensity that I put into the fight. But I am compelled to do this. And other than that, that's as far as I'm going to talk about my family's -- another personal tragedy due to this war.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:

WE should (as a people of the USA) try to make a balance, which was the whole resaon for the Constitution, the DoI, the BOR, AND the amendments that followed... is there no way?

"BOR" Laughing I need another cup of coffee. It took several seconds to realize that is for "Bill of Rights" and not "Bill O'Rielly" Embarassed Laughing Embarassed
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when I see other children who have been killed and I know what their families are going through

We need to remind all that our troops aren't "children." They are grown and responsible adults who made a conscious choice and have a sense of devotion and duty the left cannot fathom.

Using words like "children" is a deliberate choice to sway public opinion and sympathize with the anti-war left.

But, since she's worried about "children," why isn't she home caring for and giving some comfort and solace to her other two "children," 21 and 24 now, I believe. I don't see either of them standing alongside her, as she gets her hair and face readied for another TV appearance or drives off to her motel room every night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: