SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Politicizing the New Orleans disaster starts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media is having a meltdown.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shep was pretty stoic in his report. Both places they are reporting from have got to be tough to cover considering.
Greta seems pretty proud of Houston. Hell, I'm pretty proud of Houston.
One little river between the two states but the difference is night and day.
I used to live there, now I live here. I am not going back.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but Geraldo was just ridiculous this evening. Yes, it's tragic there and people are in deep trouble, but blubbering on TV holding a baby asking "why won't they let these people walk out?" isn't my idea of responsible reporting.

After all the blaming of Bush, why didn't Geraldo identify the "they" in his report that is preventing any from leaving?
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard a liberal commentator tonight concede "the decades of corruption" so identified with New Orleans. He chuckled and quipped "that is part of the charming New Orleans mystique". But when trouble comes, it obvoiusly has nothing to do with fraud and corruption. It is the adults' fault.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
After seeing Heraldo on O'Reilly, I almost started a riot in my living room.

HEY GERALDO, DON'T DO ANY MORE OF THAT CRACK FROM THE CONVENTION CENTER!!

He is the one starting the riot and he recruited the Los Angeles Police Chief to help him. If someone shoots him tonight, it will be for good reason, because he incited them too.

SBD

Geraldo Rivera is an absolute disgrace. I am sick-and-tired of him defending the indefensible, e.g., Slick Willie Clinton and the pedophile Jackson, so dishonestly and dishonorably sliming-and-smearing the honest and honorable Swift Vets, and so cavalierly giving away troop locations and movements in Afghanistan.

His maudlin drivel, irrationality, and shameless playing to the cameras are beneath contempt. I wish Fox News would trade this opportunistic, prevaricating, and girlie-man poseur (no wonder he likes Kerry) back to MSNBC for Joe Scarborough. If I never see his mustachioed mug again, it will be too soon!

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: