SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foley, Studds and Frank. A study in selective outrage.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didja ever get the feeling that the Liberals watch and wait? They appear to overlook the most heinous of deeds done by any Conservative until just before an election then POW. "Lookit that!!! See what the corrupt Conservatives did." Why weren't the crimes brought to light when they were first discovered? Conservatives seem to point out the crimes and misconduct of Liberals when they are happening and allow the public a chance to forget them by the time an election rolls around.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how many from the left get behind this;

Quote:
Text of House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert’s Letter

October 2, 2006

Dear Mr. Attorney General:

Former Representative Mark Foley resigned from the House of Representatives on Friday, September 29, 2006, after improper and illicit communications between Mr. Foley and former House pages were made public. While the House of Representatives on that day voted to refer this matter to the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct for investigation, they do not have jurisdiction over federal law or over him upon his resignation from office.

As Speaker of the House, I hereby request that the Department of Justice conduct an investigation of Mr. Foley's conduct with current and former House pages to determine to what extent any of his actions violated federal law.

As I am sure you are aware, there are two different and distinct communications at issue here. First, Mr. Foley sent an email to a former page of Representative Alexander in the fall of 2005. This email was determined to be "over friendly" by Representative Alexander's office but was not sexual in nature. Second, based on media reports, there is a different set of communications which were sexually explicit instant messages which Mr. Foley reportedly sent another former page or pages. These communications, of which no one in the House Leadership was aware to my knowledge, reportedly were sent sometime in 2003.

According to an Editor's Note that appeared on the St. Petersburg Times' website yesterday, the Times was given a set of emails from Mr. Foley to Representative Alexander's former page in November of 2005. (See "A Note From the Editors" located at http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/ -- visited on September 30, 2006). The editors state that they viewed this exchange as "friendly chit chat" and decided not to publish it after hearing an explanation from Representative Foley. Acting on this same communication, the Chairman of the House Page Board and the then Clerk of the House confronted Mr. Foley, demanded he cease all contact with the former page as his parents had requested, and believed they had privately resolved the situation as the parents had requested.

Unlike the first communication, the second communication was a set of instant messages that contained sexually explicit statements and were reportedly generated three years ago. Last week, ABC News first reported these sexually explicit instant messages which led to Representative Foley's resignation. These sexually explicit communications warrant a criminal referral in two respects. Initially, since the communications involve interstate communications, there should be a complete investigation and prosecution of any federal laws that have been violated. In addition, since the communications appear to have existed for three years, there should be an investigation into the extent there are persons who knew or had possession of these messages but did not report them to the appropriate authorities. It is important to know who may have had the communications and why they were not given to prosecutors before now.

Therefore, I also request that the Department undertake an investigation into who had specific knowledge of the content of any sexually explicit communications between Mr. Foley and any former or current House pages and what actions such individuals took, if any, to provide them to law enforcement. I request that the scope of your investigation include any and all individuals who may have been aware of this matter-be they Members of Congress, employees of the House of Representatives, or anyone outside the Congress.

Your attention to this serious matter is appreciated. I am also sending to the Department of Law Enforcement for the State of Florida a request to investigate whether or not any state laws were violated by Mr. Foley or anyone else with respect to this matter.

Sincerely, J. Dennis Hastert, Speaker

Source
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt many. It will never be enough. The liberals are out for BLOOD. Evil or Very Mad

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

blogACTIVE.com has confirmed with three separate sources that, in fact, US Rep. Mark Foley is a gay man. Foley has voted to support discrimination against gay men and lesbians on more than one occasion.

In addition to the hypocrisy of Foley's vote for the Defense of Marriage Act, Foley also refuses to acknowledge the role his being in the closet played in his lack of support for his run for the US Senate. Equating being gay with some disgusting secret, Foley said it was 'repulsive' to talk about sexual oritentation.

A source has confirmed with blogACTIVE.com that Foley lives a practically an out life at his Florida residence, often seen entertaining gay men, some of whom the source described as "close to underage."

"Well entertaining men does not make someone gay," I said. "Mike, please, I lived across from his house, I watch his parties, he's gay, gay, gay." Since I know the source and his work in the community quite well, I am going to give him full faith.

Another source has told me about his being approached on two occasions in what was "definitely an approach in a sexual way," a 27 year-old man told me. "Once it was at a large poltiical event and once at a party in Florida."

I've thought hard about what kind of TAKE ACTION would work, but there is really is none right now. Everyone already knows Foley's a self hating closet case. When we get closer to the mid-term elections, I am sure more will surface.

SBD
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hastert stands by the handling of the Foley case. Originally being from Illinois and having watched Hastert over the years he has always been a straight forward politician and his character has always been one of honesty.

I do not think it wise at this point for some Dems to lash out at him calling for his resignation. Rather premature I would say.

Quote:
House Speaker Dennis Hastert and other GOP leaders are dismissing suggestions that they should have done more to investigate an e-mail from Rep. Mark Foley (news, bio, voting record) to a former teenage page that had raised a "red flag" with the boy's parents and his congressional sponsor.

Hastert rejected a call by a leading conservative newspaper that he resign, a spokesman said Tuesday.

"The speaker has and will lead the Republican conference to another majority in the 110th Congress," said Hastert spokesman Ron Bonjean.

Hastert said his top aides and Rep. John Shimkus (news, bio, voting record), a fellow Illinois Republican overseeing the page program, acted appropriately by trying to resolve the matter as an internal GOP problem rather than mounting a more formal investigation that would have involved Democrats. Cont.'d....

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is their somone in this administration/leadership whose resignation hasn't been called for?

I prefer the old fashioned methodology...win an election.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to think about... I've not seen anyone question whether those reprehensible IM's are authentic - you know, kneejerk moral outrage being so much more satisfying than seeking the real truth - and this comes from both sides of the aisle.

Not saying they are, but what if those IM's are fakes? Another "fake but accurate" moment in MSM-orchestrated politics? (I don't understand IM's, but I understand that they're not conducive for keeping - I don't even keep emails more than 3 months. I understand that the bulk of those IM's are over 3 years old.)
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Something to think about... I've not seen anyone question whether those reprehensible IM's are authentic - you know, kneejerk moral outrage being so much more satisfying than seeking the real truth - and this comes from both sides of the aisle.

Not saying they are, but what if those IM's are fakes? Another "fake but accurate" moment in MSM-orchestrated politics? (I don't understand IM's, but I understand that they're not conducive for keeping - I don't even keep emails more than 3 months. I understand that the bulk of those IM's are over 3 years old.)

Foley admitted writing those emails and IM's. IM's and emails can be verified through ones ISP provider, for example if he had AOL they would be validified through AOL because they cannot only trace date, time stamp, but they can actually trace your alais--all going back to the ISP or address from your computer. Each of our computers has it's own unique individual address. Even if he deleted the emails and IM's a Phorensic Computer Expert can illicit everything you deleted and every site visited, etc. right off your hard drive going back even ten years. So even if Foley denied this, which he did admit to-he would still be found out because it could be proven, which obviously was done prior to his confession and how they actually verified what the page reported to the police/FBI.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Mac Ranger's blog:
Quote:
Several sources are telling me that there is an extreme amount of “nervousness” in the Democratic side of the isle that this so-called “Republican Scandal” may actually bite them in the ass in November. Seems that although Foley played the willing pervert, he might have actually been enable a bit, not by Republicans but by those sympathetic for the Democrat cause.

So we now know that George Soros funded CREW knowingly withheld possibly criminal information just so it could have the greatest political effect. Moreover, we know that a leftist “Gay Republican Outer”, actually played a material part in the plot as well, even going so far we believe as to pose as one of the chatters.

We have a bogus blogger site, http://www.stopsexpredators.blogspot.com, that this morning removed damaging comments, and has the FBI looking into who started it up. Again, more than likely the same poser mentioned above.

All of this on top of an nearly orchestrated response by the Democrats - far too orchestrated to be have enabled on the fly - to the Foley issue.

So the question is going to ratchet up now. “What did DEMOCRATS know, and more importantly, WHAT part did they play.

We’re going to soon find out.

Extra Note: On Brian (didn’t talk about it in 2005 because I was busy with Katrina) Ross’s blog, he now admits to receiving “52 separate instant message exchanges, which former pages say were sent by Foley, using the screen name Maf54, to two different boys under the age of 18.”

He adds….

“This message was dated April 2003, at approximately 7 p.m., according to the message time stamp.”

Excuse me? 2003? So there are all these recorded chat messages - messages that have to be chosen to be recorded as no chat or im software does that by default, coming like a flury, all of a sudden. Again, WHO held these messages in a “undeclosed location” and incidently, withheld evidence, from 2003 until now.

The Democratic leadership ought to be worried, because this is precisely what the DOJ and FBI and looking to find out.

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll wrote:
Even if he deleted the emails and IM's a Phorensic Computer Expert can illicit everything you deleted and every site visited, etc. right off your hard drive going back even ten years.

Unless you employ "shredder" software which, as I understand it, can render deleted files unrecoverable.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Unless you employ "shredder" software which, as I understand it, can render deleted files unrecoverable.

That is the supposed conscensous told to consumers, however, this software is not fool proof and the FBI can uncover those supposed shredded files because they are embedded in chips in the hard drive that the 'shredder cannot delete'.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
From Mac Ranger's blog:
Quote:
Several sources are telling me that there is an extreme amount of “nervousness” in the Democratic side of the [a]isle that this so-called “Republican Scandal” may actually bite them in the ass in November. Seems that although Foley played the willing pervert, he might have actually been enable[d] a bit, not by Republicans but by those sympathetic for the Democrat cause.

<snip>

The Democratic leadership ought to be worried, because this is precisely what the DOJ and FBI and looking to find out.

Yep, I think the half-vast left wing conspiracy may have overplayed their hand with this transparently Rather-esq attempt to influence an election.

BTW, I hope the GOP Congressional Campaign Committee is gearing up to saturate Foley's former district with education on this affair and encouraging the Rep base there to go ahead and elect "Foley" (Negron) in November. That would be sweet. Very Happy

Schadow
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the best evidence that the House Republican leadership knew nothing actionable about this is the fact that they in fact did nothing. Do you think for a moment that had those bigotted, homophobic, intollerant, bloodsucking SOBs had known, they would have passed up an opportunity to purge the Party of a potential (sshhh gay) embarrasment and replace him with one of their own in time to position him as a incumbant in their grand and evil scheme to retain control of the House and force the nation to bow at their feet?

In reality they were probably tiptoeing around this with a politically correct "don't ask a question to which you do not want an answer" mindset. They were more afraid of being called gay bashers than being called cover-up conspirators.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALLAHPUNIT over at Hotair had this to say about the audio of Hastert and Limbaugh on Foleygate:

Quote:
Hewitt’s urging Hastert to fight back and Ponnuru says the House Republican leadership is listening. We’re probably going to lose anyway — GOP control of the House is currently trading at 43 and dropping — so why not? The left has been screaming about October surprises for four years now, yet they’re the only ones who ever seem to pull any: the eleventh-hour DWI relevation against Bush in 2000, the "missing explosives” story in 2004, and now the Woodward book and this thing. Filthy Foley’s been purged; if Hastert’s as innocent as he claims, why not go down swinging?

The full interview was 13+ minutes but I’ve boiled it down to a solid three.

Listen to the audio here.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll, just a technicality here, but it may yet turn out to be important...

Quote:
...IM's and emails can be verified through ones ISP provider, for example if he had AOL they would be validified through AOL because they cannot only trace date, time stamp, but they can actually trace your alais--all going back to the ISP or address from your computer...

I know you can do all that with email, but I'm not so sure about IMs. But the fact remains that no one could possibly have done that since all this first came up late last week - i.e., that the computer forensics trick has not been done yet; not enough time has elapsed. Insofar as I know, the repulsive IMs only exist in paper form (at least I've not heard of anyone having "original" electronic copies.)

So the question remains: how does anyone know for sure - at this stage - that those IMs were not faked?

When confronted with the evidence of the emails and IMs Foley definitely knew his game was over. That, in and of itself, does not say that he confirmed the IMs as authentic, though.

Make no doubt about it, I believe that Foley is guilty - that's not my issue. My curious concern centers on the IMs, because I don't think they have been authenticated, and I'm having a huge problem with understanding why and how anyone would have saved those for 3 years - which gets at the heart of who else might have known about this, and what the larger story really is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: