SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Bashes Our Volunteer Military
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the AP has picked up on the story, which means the MSM will, most likely, have to grudgingly cover it as well. (Emphasis on the obligatory AP slam against "unsubstantiated allegations" of the SVPT is mine, but I appreciate Ms. Loven's probable angst in having to help substantiate them Laughing)

Quote:
White House spokesman slams Kerry remark
JENNIFER LOVEN
Associated Press
Tue, Oct. 31, 2006

WASHINGTON - The White House accused Sen. John Kerry on Tuesday of troop-bashing, seizing on a comment the Democrat made to California students that those unable to navigate the country's education system "get stuck in Iraq."

"Senator Kerry not only owes an apology to those who are serving, but also to the families of those who've given their lives in this," White House press secretary Tony Snow said. "This is an absolute insult."

Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran and Bush's rival in 2004, fired back, saying the president and his administration are the ones who owe U.S. troops an apology because they "misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it."

"This is the classic GOP playbook," Kerry said in a harshly worded statement. "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did. I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium."

Snow was asked about the comment which Kerry made during a campaign rally Monday for California Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides. The White House spokesman was clearly ready, consulting his notes to read a fuller account of Kerry's statement and unleashing a sharp attack.

The Massachusetts senator, who is considering another presidential run in 2008, had opened his speech at Pasadena City College with several one-liners, joking at one point that Bush had lived in Texas but now "lives in a state of denial."

Then he said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Snow said the quote "fits a pattern" of negative remarks from Kerry about U.S. soldiers and suggested that whether Democratic candidates - particularly those running on their military service backgrounds - agree with their 2004 standard-bearer should be a campaign litmus test.

Unsubstantiated allegations about Kerry's Vietnam War heroism from a group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth figured prominently in the 2004 Kerry-Bush race. Even Kerry has blamed his slow and uncertain response to the group's claims for helping doom his White House chances.

Snow said a lot of Americans have joined the military since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

"As for the notion that you can say this sort of thing about the troops and say you support them, it's interesting," the press secretary said.

A potential rival to Kerry in 2008 - Republican Sen. John McCain - said in a statement that Kerry "owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education."

Like Kerry, McCain is a decorated Vietnam veteran.

Pioneer Press

P.S. As of 1315 EST, Limbaugh is STILL tearing Kerry a new one
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the video tape on Fox. This wasn't some mistake made in the wording. He even paused to get a laugh from the group.

This Kerry is a despicable vermin. He is the real Halloween Ghoul who
feeds on dead bodies.

My Halloween greeting for Skerry. I hope you rot in Hell.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I find my contempt for the despicable jerk has reached the absolute MAX!!
There is no way he can "nuance" himself out of this one.
He has very plainly stated that in his vaunted estimation, our wonderful troops who are giving their all in Iraq are all dumb dead-enders!
Well, Senator Kerry, I for one HONOR those troops.
Each and every one of them has more character in their little finger than can be found in your whole miserable body.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I thought that PR by Kerry was a fake...I admit it....it seemed to unhinged, like a blogger wrote it.

BUT

its actually on his own website.
http://www.johnkerry.com/news/releases/release.html?id=33
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
I just saw the video tape on Fox. This wasn't some mistake made in the wording. He even paused to get a laugh from the group.

This Kerry is a despicable vermin. He is the real Halloween Ghoul who
feeds on dead bodies.

My Halloween greeting for Skerry. I hope you rot in Hell.

Drudge is linking to an archived Kranish/Globe story on Kerry's indistinguished academic prowess. I thought the following would go well with your observations...

CAUTION - The following contains graphic material which some may find disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised before proceeding...
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
American Legion to Sen. Kerry: Apologize Now

10/31/2006 1:49:00 PM

To: National Desk

Contact: Ramona Joyce, 202-263-2982 or 202-445-1161 (cell), Joe March, 317-630-1253 or 317-748-1926 (cell), both of the American Legion

INDIANAPOLIS, Oct. 31 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The National Commander of The American Legion called on Sen. John Kerry to apologize for suggesting that American troops in Iraq are uneducated.

"As a constituent of Senator Kerry's I am disappointed. As leader of The American Legion, I am outraged," said National Commander Paul A. Morin. "A generation ago, Sen. Kerry slandered his comrades in Vietnam by saying that they were rapists and murderers. It wasn't true then and his warped view of today's heroes isn't true now."

While addressing a group of college students at a campaign rally in Pasadena, CA., Monday, Kerry suggested that they receive an education or "if you don't, you'll get stuck in Iraq."

"While The American Legion shares the senator's appreciation for education, the troops in Iraq represent the most sophisticated, technologically superior military that the world has ever seen," Morin said. "I think there is a thing or two that they could teach most college professors and campus elitists about the way the world works.

"And while we are on the topic of education, why doesn't the senator and his comrades in Congress improve the GI Bill so all of today's military members - reserves and guard included - can achieve the educational aspirations that the senator so highly values?" Morin said. "The senator's false and outrageous attack was over-the-top and he should apologize now."

---

This text and a high-resolution photograph of Commander Morin can be downloaded at http://www.legion.org
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a really bad mood today so all I'm going to say that will keep me in the "lady" department is that "KERRY IS AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!! "
GodBlessVets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im watching this clown in his little press conference, and I think hes finally lost it. John Kerry has gone absolutely bonkers.

Last edited by GodBlessVets on Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He essentially called McCain a liar...and a right wing nutjob for asserting that Kerry owed the troops an apology.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the press conference live and the poodle seems to have new botox.

His trying to skew his own words is as ammusing as it is sickening.

He seems to have figured out he said something stupid yesterday.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh. Just witnessed JK's INFANTILE rant. The little boy had an absolute hissy fit that he made a little "mangled joke" yesterday and all those meanie Republicans are attacking him. BooHoo. Mommy make them stop!!
Heh,John-boi, you just went down in flames!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the Seattle 'news' conference, it seems appropriate that, on Halloween, Kerry should appear in his War Hero costume. If the DNC were wise, they would pack John off to Gstaadt in his twinkie windbreaker for some skiing ASAP.

As Rush says, who'd have ever thought Karl Rove would have been able to set up such a fiasco for the Dems. Rolling Eyes

Schadow
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am mad as a hornet!!!

When will John "fricken" Kerry Learn he does not speak for me!!!

I am damn proud to be a vet! I hope this will hurt John Kerry in a way he will never run again for president...but we all know what a power hungry individual this man is. Everything he does is for politics and he has never stood up for this veteran and I would never stand next to him or would want to be in the same room as this so called veteran. He IS a disgrace to all men and women who ever served and those still serving this great country of ours.

John Kerry....you do not speak for me!
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: kerry Reply with quote

GodBlessVets wrote:
Im watching this clown in his little press conference, and I think hes finally lost it. John Kerry has gone absolutely bonkers.

The same ole' sorry a$$ we knew in the early 70's.
Went bonkers-maybe we'll get lucky and this nutter will blow his brains out.

I'm hoping the american voting public will see this nutter as indicative of the Dem party.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like Kerry, McCain is a decorated Vietnam veteran.

In their eager slander of the Swift Vets, do they forget that each and every one of them is also a "decorated Vietnam veteran?"

We cannot allow them to gloss over that fact with their mentions of McPain, sKerry, Murtha and whoever else being Viet Nam Veterans. If that gives the left moral authority to speak, then it must also be extended to the Swift Vets under the same basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: