SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Inside Story Of The SwiftBoaters Finally Told
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Wife,

I'm sold. Mabini Street and Magsaysay Blvd won't get my Xmas. PayPal got it instead.

-Wlm Shakespeare
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sold; I need to have a copy. My wife has been pestering me for gift ideas for Christmas. This would be it. Now if I can only get her to figure out the whole ordering off the internet thing, I'll be golden. (She just mastered email and the occasional bit of web surfing this past year.)
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it! My husband won't give me the book to read although he is enjoying reading parts of it to me!! Scott covers far more than just the Swiftboats. This is an indictment of the old media, in my opinion. Anyway, he can't put it down and even has his fingers on the footnotes so he can go back and forth between them and the text. This book is heavily referenced which makes it even more valuable as a research tool. For those of you who participated in all the research discussions and analysis of Kerry's records, I really think you will find it a fascinating read! ENJOY!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't believe it! My husband won't give me the book to read although he is enjoying reading parts of it to me!!

Should have ordered two Wink Laughing

Scott does cover a lot in the book, much that wasn't known before. The book is important for a lot more than just what the Swiftees did. Exposure of how the media tried to manipulate their message is something the public really needs to know.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, now why didn't I think about that??? Twisted Evil Laughing Reading all this sure brings back the memories of our research at the Naval Archives. Fun to read something and then say "hey, I remember that!" How I enjoyed working with the Chief! I miss him!! That man had a mind like a steel trap!
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once in my lifetime here, I get to see Jay actually say he's blushing! HEHEHE.....I like it!
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking and I am serious this would make a good movie !!!!

I would love it how a group comes together for a cause & acually stops a fraud from becoming President. wow good stuff !!

I pick Russell Crowe to play -John O'Neil

& George Clooney to play Commie Kerry !!!!

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: I READ UNFIT FOR COMMAND 3 TIMES Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I received my copy today and although only into it a few pages, I can see this is going to become a very important book in exposing not only Kerry, but the media and the long standing antics they use to further their leftist agenda.

Sandi, You should be able to order this book through the website listed.

As for Unfit for Command, check online auction sites. I saw some people selling theirs not too long ago. Their loss could be your gain. Laughing Wink

Lew,

Good to see you again my friend. "Unfit For Command" was released the same year that we had 3 hurricanes here in South Florida. We had no power for weeks including no television (a few local AM stations though). I am also a ham radio operator (w/15KW gas generator) so I was able to check into the "Red Cross Disaster Relief Net" over the air (I was the person to do so from ground zero) and give them regular updates and reports and also relay messages from family members and friends who had no phone (or internet) communications at all. My point of all of this is that this down time gave me the opportunity to read the book "Unfit For Command" 3 times. I honestly could not put this book down. How anybody (even democrats), after reading this book could still not even rethink their vote for Hanoi John Kerry shows just how blindly gullible most people are. If they would not even beleive the men who actually served with and actually commanded this "rat", then it's because they just didn't want to. BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) is more poweful than actual witnesses who were there on the scene. Liberalism truly is a mental disorder. BTW, my copy of "To Set the Record Straight" is already or order. (and NO, Amazon doesn't deserve a cut).

Merry Christmas to everybody here a the SVT forum and to all of our brothers who have served past and present!

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POWs were every bit as important as the Swifties in seeing Kerry denied his most ambitious desire.
And to this day, the libs and the media does not get it, that it wasn't about Republicans vs. Democrats or Bush for POTUS. The entire effort was to keep Kerry from being POTUS after he lied about the conduct in the field of the Viet Nam veterans and smeared their reputations.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back Sandi!
I started on here back in about 8/2004 also. I got tired of seeing that 'nice guy' (O'Neil) on talk shows being screamed at / shouted down etc by the liberals. He always stayed nice and calm. Finally had to find out what it was all about - saw the web addr at bottom of screen, came here and spend mega hours on here prior to that election!! learned sooo much!
Love you guys!

I don't use cc's either - what I do for online is get a 'gift' cc at my bank. it costs about 4.00 (I chalk that up to the gas money I save by not driving to a store) plus the amount I want it for. I can only get up to 200.00. I don't get that much tho... usually maybe 100.00 (less to get carried away and spend). I usually just use it for photo processing (I do scrapbooking). I used up my last one a few months ago - will have to get another one now so I can buy this book!!
had no idea it was out - they been on HC? any shows promoting it?
gotta have it....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: