SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Article By O'Reilly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The record is the record, unless rock solid proof refutes it.

Which is exactly why Mr. O'Reilly needs to remove his head and simply ask himself one question:

Why hasn't Mr. Kerry signed a Form 180 in order to put this behind him?

Looks like ole Bill is stuck in the spin cycle IMO.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would O'Reilly do???

Boycott France.

Here's what he would suggest: Boycott O'Reilly, Boycott FOX and by all means contact FOX commercial advertisers and tell them that you will boycott their products.

Lastly...next time the "Grand Poohbah" (Thanks GT) is doing his book signing for "Who's Looking Out for You"...approach him and ask him to sign your book...UNFIT FOR COMMAND.

Pithy.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly: Used Car Salesman, par excellance Reply with quote

I've dumped O'Reilly, also. He has become too cynical, too jaundiced and is too full of himself. Trying his damnedest to be equitible to both conservatives and liberals, even he admits that liberals come across as narrow-minded, minority agenda shouters who don't listen; their way or no way.
Why he didn't have his people look into the depth of the Swift Vet ad and get more background before being so critical is a mystery. He should hang around Brit Hume and Tony Snow more often so that a little of their class and fair-mindedness might rub off on him.

O'Reilly has become a gas bag waiting to explode and this Swift Vet business may be the detonator.
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Keep it pithy... Reply with quote

Remember, if you want to put him in his place, you have to keep it pithy...

Here's my contribution:

Bill,

Quit letting the Democrats spin Kerry's lies. I am sure there are plenty of 101st Airborne vets who can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing during Christmas, 1944. Strange that Kerry, who is a "hero" according to your latest column, cannot do the same.

Kerry's "band of brothers" spin is an insult to all the real heroes of this great nation, past and present, and you are dishonoring all of them by discounting the Swift Vets as partisan.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email bouncing back from O'Reilly. No explanation, nothing. Would like to know if others experiencing same thing.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email bouncing back from O'Reilly. No explanation, nothing. Would like to know if others experiencing same thing.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Bill the money man!!!!! Reply with quote

Careful he may be using us just to show activity on his web site

in order to get more money for the adds on his shows.
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here was my humble two cents to Billy;

Quote:
I used to think your show was fairly straight and tuned in because I thought you would be supporting the SwiftVets. Boy, was I wrong. Your dialog of slander was either totally uninformed or deliberate propaganda. I would guess you've done little or no research on this group, visited their website or done the required reading. A good place to start would be swiftvets.com, after that, browse on over to wintersoldier.com where you can read John Kerry's book "The New Soldier", read up on the entire history of the winter soldier investigation, view transcripts of John Kerry's 1971 testimony, view a timeline of events and in general, become informed. Move on? No. The truth must come out, there is a war going on and Kerry is unfit to lead.

I dare you to get involved and do some serious research and not just parrot MSM talking points. I'm not involved with the group, just a citizen who's been closely following their activity since their may press interview. Its very obvious you either know nothing about them or are lying.

BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What email address are you using?

I used oreilly@foxnews.com

It hasn't bounced yet...
xub
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueLotus,

I used the same and neither did mine - sent about midnight pacific time. It could be that he's receiving lots of "feedback" and his box was full for a time.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell the rtuth, I have never been too impressed with Fox news in general (or O'Reilly in particular) with the exception of Tony Snow and Sean Hannity. I watched their morning show for a couple of weeks and except for the conserva-babes who co-hosted, I found the guys to be conservative versions of Matt Lauers and damn near mouth breathers.

O'Reillys problem is his ego overides what brains he has. Don't confuse him with facts after he has made up his mind.
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have almost always agreed with O'Reilly though...This issue is pretty much the first time I have really had a problem with him.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not writing him nor watching him hes an ass and I wont let him make money off my time.
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping he'll come around...I won't give up on him yet.
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thwift boat veths, thometimeth ya jutht gotta athk what O'Reilly meanth when he thayth "thend me thomething pithy."

Maybe he'd like a nice SwiftVet chamber pot?

I've always felt he is more libertarian than conservative, or at least a mix of the two. Like Limbaugh, who also backs off of more than I'd like him to (it's his show, though), I've been unhappy with O'Reilly's comments more than a few times. This doesn't surprise me.

It hurts to lose the venue, though.
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: