SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are the books?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarJon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon just shipped mine. YES.

The free market wins over left wing hatred every time!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a Waldenbooks in the mall yesterday and could only find one copy.

Is there a link from this site to the page at amazon.com? I know amazon used to have a program where you could make a little commision if people bought from your web link. I think I even saw a post in the forum refering to it, but I couldn't find any link the other day.
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Borders bookstore has sold out before I even got a copy and I was on their waiting list!
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my original post I have received my 2nd copy I ordered from Amazon and will be revisiting the bookstore this evening that told me none would be available until Sept. 25th.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks that Regnery Publishing REALLY underestimated the size of the first printing!

Very Happy
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarJon wrote:
Amazon just shipped mine.

I ordered mine from Amazon on July 28, and ship is still shown as Sep 29

In addition, for the second time, they have deleted ALL reader reviews

Do they get all their advice from John O'Neill:

"Ole broken down Swifties doan need ta read this book"
"It would just confuse the hell outta them dumb sailors"

Hey! ... please don't catagorize me with Chris Matthews

BS is my name .... Bob Shirley

Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Borders?? One small observation. . . Reply with quote

Went to Borders in Avon/Simsbury CT (good sized store) today and got dead-ended at first. "Huh?" like they never heard of the book but with a funny look on their face I thought (could be just me). Then I quick-switched into "free lance journalist doing a story" mode (I have done just enough of that work to avoid getting black spot on my soul, barely)**. I found out that they (a) had a grand total of 5 copies of "Unfit" allotted to the store and they were all gone "instantly", (b) Maureen Dowd's "Bushworld" they had a whole bunch of, initial shipment of 40 copies and more on order even though they weren't moving too briskly (c) the store managers sort of/'kind of remember "some controversy about a lawsuit or embargo or something" that might be holding things up; I thought I felt a certain tension that shouldn't exist in a bookstore, of all places. At least not in the USA. Maybe someone at Regnery could find out what's up at Borders.

Small silver lining: when I commented about the big pile of "My Life" Clinton books dominating the "nonfiction bestseller" section, the response was "we can't seem to unload them, they are not moving".

** Well-- this is free lance, right?
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff-

I, too, got some cockamamie story from Borders about this and that, And the Maryland store this and software glitch that....and possible screwup here..(it went on).

There is a DEFINITE tension in our Borders store. WE went in to check on the status of the book and my husband and I were treated to unsolicited comments trashing the book by the informational guy who is suppose to be helping us! I just asked to speak with the manager. He's a right to his opinion of course, IF WE HAD asked for it. Thus, one more angry and uninformed Kerry Supporter reguritating lines and lashing out. Pitiful
jstoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: hard to find the book! Reply with quote

I found my copy at Waldenbooks here in Austin, Texas, one day prior to its supposed release date. It was the last copy they had; they'd sold out in a few hours! The B&N's in town, as well as Border's Books, are decidedly unexcited to report that they "think" it will be in stock some time in September. B. Dalton seems not to carry anything but Bill Clinton and Al Franken in their sorry little politics and culture section. I interpret it as great good news that the book seems to be evaporating from the retail shelves. The folks at the publisher Regnery must be working overtime and patting themselves on the back all the way to the bank! They deserve the praise, it took courage to publish this book.
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been able to find it here in the Chicago suburbs either... Confused
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I requested the NY Public Library to order it. LOL we shall see.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will all, no doubt, have lots of copies of F9/11 the Tuesday it is released...
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In addition, for the second time, they have deleted ALL reader reviews

I went over to Amazon.com to post a review tonight, right after I finished the book. Once submitted, it says it may take a full day or more to post it, provided they choose to post it. Maybe they are getting too many remarks slanted one way or the other? We'll see.

Here is a copy of what I submitted;

Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry
by John E. O'Neill (5 stars)

Excellent Reading, August 18, 2004 Reviewer: Lewis A. Waters (Vancouver, Wa. United States) - See all my reviews

As a Vietnam Veteran myself, I looked upon this book with much interest. The book is written a style easy to read and filled with documentary evidence of the failings of the current candidate for President. If anything, it would be my wish that every registered voter read this book prior to selecting which candidate they vote for. I would also encourage the candidate to rebut the accusations by releasing his complete military records and stop the attacks on the author and those who speak out.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the barking moonbats reported all the good reviews to the site administrators, as I did the barking moonbat reviews. I reported one negative review, but not the other. The one I didn't report wasn't written in the frothing maniac style so I didn't find it offensive. The admins may have decided not to post reviews because there are too many ringers.
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine on the 6th & Amazon is still showing a 26th - 28th (August) delivery schedule. Tried finding the book at Borders and BooksaMillion in Knoxville this weekend and they were out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: