SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MTS17446
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taz wrote:
dems are saying "not good enough" because he did not name the ad, just call it "that ad" and condemned all 527's

Pretty much expected that.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill was on Rush's radio program this morning as this was announced. I heard it as Bush saying stop all 527 ads attacking both candidates, something Kerry has yet to do. Rush asked O'Neill about it and he replied as he always does, this is not about Politics, it's personal and the SBVT work will continue.

Don't let the spin the media puts on the headlines fool you.

Now, let's wait and see if Kerry will call on Michael Moore to recall his movie or Moveon.org and his attack dogs that have been attacking for a year now to stop. Pardon me if I don't hold my breath.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"These ads are anti-anti-American," said Mr. Bush during a campaign stop. "They demonstrate intolerance toward Mr. Kerry, who had every right to speak out against American atrocities in Vietnam, even if he had no evidence to back his claims. He's still free to speak his mind, whether or not there's anything in it."

lol
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently our emails DID work -- FOXNEWS.COM has fixed their website. Bush is trying to take the high ground on this & still meet Kerry's challenge. If he stays quiet, he loses & looks guilty, if he speaks out about Swift Boad Vets, he could be accused of collusion - - I think he took option C - his only real choice.

SBVT will stay the course - - their reason for doing this is personal and when something affects your heart like it has affected theirs, they won't let this go!!
GO SWIFTEES!!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads? Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
He's calling on ALL the 527 ads to end - I don't think he's being specific to the SwiftVets. Also, he was calling for this last week, so it's not really news.

That's what President Bush SAID - but not the spin the MSM is giving it.

For example: the lead to this story at http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0001/20040823/1357649008.htm says  "Bush: Time to Sink Swift Boat Ads", but yet the actual story on that page leads "President Bush denounced TV ads by outside groups attacking both John Kerry and himself on Monday and called for a halt to all such political efforts. ``I think they're bad for the system,'' he said." No mention of the SwiftVet ads specifically.

Edited to include link

Last edited by air_vet on Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..getting swept away are we?

President Bush called for an end to ALL 527 activities and ads and did not specifically address the SwiftVets ad (although the press tried to get him to).

I want the press to get McCain's impression of the second ad. Is his POW buddy and former campaign adviser "dishonest and dishonorable"? How does he feel about being featured in Kerry/DNC's counter ad?
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads? Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
Doc Farmer wrote:
He's calling on ALL the 527 ads to end - I don't think he's being specific to the SwiftVets. Also, he was calling for this last week, so it's not really news.

That what President Bush SAID - but not the spin the MSM is giving it.

Except it's the dems like John Edwards who are correcting the spin by saying Bush did not condemn SBVT specifically.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Bush against 527's Reply with quote

Does anyone have a quote on EVERYTHING the President said about 527 ads, and whether he specifically mentioned Swift Boat ads?
arizonakoz
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion on this is......If the other 527's can run their attack ads, so can the swiftvets. I do not care who does not like it. The "fact" is that Kerry NEVER seemed to have a problem with them while they were spending millions on attacking Bush. He even embraced them to where he had the people backing them on his rally's and never denounced when they spoke out. Example: When Gore was ranting and raving like a madman at a moveon.org rally. And he is embracing such artists as the Springsteen's of the world doing their tour and those artists (Whoopi) for example spouting off ridiculous statements. No he has them at his (Kerry's) rally's. But oh he is not affiliated with them? YA RIGHT! Give me a break!

Now that the table is turned and after saying If they want to debate my Vietnam record...Bring it on! Well obviously when it was "brought on" he got his panties in a wad and could not handle it! Typical!

I did not see Bush going balistic when those attack ads went after him....that right there shows me who can handle pressure and who can not. And if Kerry can not handle a group of people going after him and/or his record than he can not handle the pressure of being a President.

Besides the fact of his past in Vietnam (during and directly after), or his 20 years of crappy representation in the Senate. This action right here with him being a coward to criticism speaks for itself. And I am a registered Independent that wants to see leadership qualities in my elected official....regardless of which party they belong to. Kerry does not show that...period!

Last edited by arizonakoz on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
Apparently our emails DID work -- FOXNEWS.COM has fixed their website. Bush is trying to take the high ground on this & still meet Kerry's challenge. If he stays quiet, he loses & looks guilty, if he speaks out about Swift Boad Vets, he could be accused of collusion - - I think he took option C - his only real choice.

SBVT will stay the course - - their reason for doing this is personal and when something affects your heart like it has affected theirs, they won't let this go!!
GO SWIFTEES!!

Excellent... I would like to think it was my email alone that made them change the headline you know... Wink
The Cyber Menace
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I think Bush did specifically refer to "that ad". Otherwise, this is the same position he outlined a few days ago. And Bush has accepted Kerry's challenge to denounce the ads. Kerry hasn't accepted Bush's challenge to do the same. Razz

Furthermore, I think this is yet another example of Kerry being completely trounced at the game of political brinksmanship. As usual, Bush's positions stand the scrutiny of developments because they're usually embedded in some sort of overriding principle. But with Kerry, he'll change his principle in order to implement his latest political spin-meistering.

Nothing these two candidates can say or do will change what the 527's will say or do. Given that the Democratic arsenal in this regard is much larger than that for the Republicans, a call for a general denunciation of these groups can only benefit candidate Bush.

As for Bush's re-affirmation of Kerry's service to his country, this probably accomplishes two general objectives. First, as already mentioned by another poster, it allows him to stay above the fray. Second, the affirmation is so broad and generalized that Kerry can't use it in his own defence. Oh, also, third, even if Kerry tries it completely negates the argument he's trying to make that Bush is orchestrating this attack on Kerry's war record.

Alternatively, if Kerry continues to try to link Bush with the SVBT, Bush only has to keep repeating his general denunciation of such ads to contradict such accusations. After all, I'm not sure if there is any more to be asked of Bush. If it's a complete and specific denunciation of the SVBT, it burdens Bush with the rather unusual expectation of rejecting specific allegations of which he has no personal knowledge. Only John Kerry can really answer for the specific accusations being made against him.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dem responses will only increase interest in SwiftVet activities.

FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
thedog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift Vets

Please DO NOT pounding this guy. John Kerry is a liar and a mooch. He has lived of the US Taxpayer and wealthy women most of his adult life.

Stay the course. The truth rises to the top, hopefully it will make it to the top by 11/02/04.

The Dog
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: President Bush's statement Reply with quote

Pres. Bush said the same thing he has said over and over. All ad's by the 527's are bad. All. They can spin it any way they want - he changed nothing. Poor John boy. He is up against some people who are not going to back down. Contriubte people. Keep the ads running.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
thedog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should say DO NOT STOP pounding this guy. The brain works faster than the fingers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: