SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Stand Kerry But Don't Want Bush? . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: The dilemma ... Reply with quote

I live in a spilt household ... my wife has very passionate beliefs about the right to choice for women and I share many of those beliefs.

She believes that GWB turns to violence too quickly in all matters, especially with womens issues. (she considers the limitation of choice violence) Thus she could never vote for him. I on the other hand could never vote for Kerry.

Since my marriage is more important to us than who gets elected we have reached a compromise.

I am asking her not to vote for Kerry and she is asking me not to vote for GWB. She has volunteered to read Unfit and do some research to truely understand the man before voting for him. I in turn will be doing alot more reading on GBW's positions on womens issues to ensure I have a clearer picture as well.

As is true in most things the TRUTH can set you free. I don't know if either of us will vote for either candidate but I will do everything I can to ensure that she truely understands the kind of man John Kerry is before voting for him.

In the end I will support my wife and her beliefs and I hope that I can make her understand the need for her to support my beliefs about Kerry.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you know what? Now isn't the time to think about the compromises of a mutual partnership that is marriage and throw your vote away.
Vote what your heart and mind tell you - and live with it.
Can you live with a Kerry presidency?

SOTG
thegunnerswife
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The dilemma ... Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:
I live in a spilt household ... my wife has very passionate beliefs about the right to choice for women and I share many of those beliefs.

She believes that GWB turns to violence too quickly in all matters, especially with womens issues. (she considers the limitation of choice violence) Thus she could never vote for him. I on the other hand could never vote for Kerry.

Since my marriage is more important to us than who gets elected we have reached a compromise.

I am asking her not to vote for Kerry and she is asking me not to vote for GWB. She has volunteered to read Unfit and do some research to truely understand the man before voting for him. I in turn will be doing alot more reading on GBW's positions on womens issues to ensure I have a clearer picture as well.

As is true in most things the TRUTH can set you free. I don't know if either of us will vote for either candidate but I will do everything I can to ensure that she truely understands the kind of man John Kerry is before voting for him.

In the end I will support my wife and her beliefs and I hope that I can make her understand the need for her to support my beliefs about Kerry.

Yay for you! You ROCK!!!!!!!

I never did get into the women's lib thing. I'm a human being and I don't need to be an activist to prove it. (not saying your wife is)

I wish you well in opening her eyes to the kind of creature Kerry is.

I agree and disagree with SOTG. Marriage should always come first, however I agree with the part about living with Kerry as President. My fear is that if he became the President your wife my not have much of a country left to share her women issues.

By the way............. I'm VERY happy that women are being included "IF" there is ever a draft. They should be.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to clarify - I am married to a liberal Democrat (we have the reverse James Carville thing going on here).
She is passionate about her beliefs as I am mine.
We respect and love each other very much.
That being said, why should our love and respect affect how we vote?
Vote what YOU believe is right, not your husband, not your wife... YOU.

SOTG
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Important point Reply with quote

chawkins wrote:
There are millions of us patriotic americans who had a similar problem with the first President Bush...we were unhappy with the way things were going, especially with federal budget deficit. We decided to make a statement and vote for Perot. Unfortunately, we did not think about all the votes we pulled from Bush, allowing Clinton to get elected...what a mistake! Exclamation Lets not do that again. Exclamation

I realize this is personal between the Vets and Kerry, but this is a very important point that has been made. If our primary goal is to expose Kerry for what he is and keep him from becoming CiC then we do need to make note of all possible stratigies Kerry would use to defeat us, and this I would have to say would be one of them. I wouldn't put it past Kerry and his team to start spining something like this very soon seeing the position he is in. I can easily imagine their planning stratogy "How can we get people to vote for Nader in order to pull votes from our real rival Bush"

Just my .o2 cents
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF1047 said

Quote:

I hear what you are saying FF, but, IMHO, voting on 'womens issues' and
'Latino issues' and 'inner city issues' is what is splitting this country apart.
Why don't we go back to voting for 'American Issues'?? Why do we have to split apart on splinter issues when we are losing sight of the big picture;
what is best for America?

Call me old fashioned. Confused

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
thegunnerswife
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOHOOO ROGER THAT!!! You hit the nail on the head!!!!

Let's vote for American Issues!!!!
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I am a women and I am pro-choice, pro-stem cell research, and I am still voting for President Bush.

#1 reason: who will protect my and my family?

John Kerry has proven that he has no core belief's. While I may not agree with President Bush...what scares me the most is having a man who does not respect (obvious by his attacks against the swiftvets...and now against all vets) for his vets or the men and women who are serving. John Kerry has waffled on every issue from the war with Iraq to social issues...his famous I don't own SUV's but my family does? What the heck does that mean?

One can not be a one issue voter. You have to look at John Kerry's entire senate record. I have two teenage kids...and I want them protected and I just truly within everything in my soul and heart do not believe John Kerry can or will do that.
jpusinsky
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Why I am not voting for Kerry Reply with quote

Before I heard about the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth I had decided not to vote for Kerry based on the following. I am a US Navy veteran surving onboard minesweepers in the Persian Gulf during the 1980's so I know a little something about military protocal. John F Kerry struck a raw nerve when I first saw him. here was a guy bringing up his Vietnam Sevice and presenting himself as having 2 bronze stars and a silver star.
What kind of man I thought, goes around speaking about his own heroic deeds and medals?
My wife said it in a nutshell. He is creepy!

That is why I am not for Kerry.
Of coarse now I have a whole lot of other reasons why I am not voting for Kerry.

You should know people who didn't vote in the last election are so creeped out by John F Kerry that they are going to vote for Bush this time.
My Dad, my mom, my sister,my wife all 5 of my cousins and me are all voting for Bush.
GOD Bless GW Bush
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true Theresa, we should all thank God that Bush was in office on 9/11. I don't think the man is perfect, but he has the courage of his convictions.

I agree with the original post, that the question is "Where were the WMDs sent". There was plenty of time and announcement before the war for the Iraqi government to load the stuff into trucks and smuggle it into Syria (my bet).

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true Theresa, we should all thank God that Bush was in office on 9/11. I don't think the man is perfect, but he has the courage of his convictions.

I agree with the original post, that the question is "Where were the WMDs sent". There was plenty of time and announcement before the war for the Iraqi government to load the stuff into trucks and smuggle it into Syria (my bet).

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Politically Divided Marriages Reply with quote

I can empathize with the man whose wife wants to vote for Kerry, but I would say, don't discuss politics with your wife (in order to avoid arguments), but you as an individual have a perfect right to express your preference in the voting booth. Maybe you and your wife agreed not to vote, but that means that others will be determining who will govern us without your input.

I am married to a French woman who has been brainwashed by the leftist French news that we receive by satellite, and she believes that George W. Bush started World War III by invading Iraq, and feels sorry for the Palestinians. She doesn't seem to realize that since Saddam was paying the families of suicide bombers, that with Saddam in prison there are much fewer buses blowing up in Israel, which doesn't need to retaliate as often...does war in Iraq buy peace in the Holy Land? And, as a Christian, why was she not incensed when Palestinian gunmen invaded the Church of the Nativity?

I do have an advantage in this case--since my wife is not an American citizen, she can't cancel out my vote!

For politically split families, you're probably better off with less (political) talk and more action (voting).
Hubcap Himes
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: You guys are great! Reply with quote

Admin note: Quota for Kerry Talking Points Exceeded
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Great Post.. Reply with quote

d19thdoc,
Man what a great posting. I wish I could put my thoughts down even close to the way this was written.
Here is a video that will equally send chills down your back. I ran across this a week or so ago and it really hit home. You need Windows media player to view it but it is well worth the 6 minutes. It has some incredible military footage in it.

http://www.josephgoss.com/standdown.wmv

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name says it all.

But you choose for yourselves...and then pray (if so inclined) or hope that terrorists don't strike again. Because if kerry is Prez. he might be frozen for 47 minutes...and then he'll consult with the old European allies to build a concensus! Like as if they care about us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: