SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Kerry Can't Release All His Records
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtpNY wrote:
Rumor has it he wrote most of the after-action reports himself. Once again, creating and dictating his own bio and history.
I'm sure at the time, his fellow brothers were more than happy to let Kerry do the boring, tedious paperwork. They probably had more pressing issues on their minds.
Now these records stand as the "official" record.

Here's what I think would sink Kerry if "his" reports were made public: his name would be on them as having written and submitted them - wouldn't it?

I really don't think that John Kerry wants America to know how much of his "history" he has written all by himself.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Hillary's activities during the 1968-1972 timeline are a real prize.

They're playing a very risky game as Kerry is so bad a candidate and creating such a sinkhole that he may well suck the air out of all the other races and decimate the party. Gosh , that'd be a heartbreaker.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will never allow his journal to be released. If it, and I suspect it does, shows him to be a Walter Mitty, dime store hero, his journal would be open to enormous scrutiny by those who were there and to other official records of events.

As far as a contract with Doug Brinkley, Kerry could easily come out publically and request Brinkley release him from it. No way Brinkley could refuse in this heated atmosphere.

Ain't never gonna happen. He can't control what happens if it goes public.
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would refer to Kerry's private journal.
Has nada to do with his official military records.

I think.
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
mtpNY wrote:
Rumor has it he wrote most of the after-action reports himself. Once again, creating and dictating his own bio and history.
I'm sure at the time, his fellow brothers were more than happy to let Kerry do the boring, tedious paperwork. They probably had more pressing issues on their minds.
Now these records stand as the "official" record.

Here's what I think would sink Kerry if "his" reports were made public: his name would be on them as having written and submitted them - wouldn't it?

I really don't think that John Kerry wants America to know how much of his "history" he has written all by himself.
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Kerry or Theresa is paying Brinkley the big bucks because his career as a historian is over.
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure they all would have Kerry's named attached to them.
The Kerry camp is using a lot of selective reports now as proof (medal citations, etc.) that are reportedly written by Kerry (or based on Kerry reports/statements) that do not indicate the author. Some may have been a group effort, etc., or based on "as told to me be Kerry" but actually authored by a different person.
Kerry did seem to place a significant emphasis (and made an aggressive effort) on getting *his* side of every story/event/incident out and made sure *his* involvement was duly noted for the record.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Why Kerry Can't Release All His Records Reply with quote

Why would Kerry have a "contract" with anyone limiting his power over what he can or cannot do in his presidential election campaign? [I don't know who Doug Brinkley is.] Or all BS as some suggested? lol

Navymomx2 wrote:
Bob Dole just said that Kerry said he (Kerry) has a contract with Doug Brinkley that is why he can't release all his records!! Just heard this on the radio!!

I wonder if that's his (Kerry's) story and he's sticking to it, LOL

John Kerry...............Sign the 180
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter,

Douglas Brinkley is the "historian" that wrote the book "Tour of Duty" about John Kerry's service.
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brinkley is Kerry's Hagiographer....whoops Biographer. Laughing He wrote "Tour of Duty, John Kerry and the Vietnam War".

The reading of this biography last winter is what led to the discovery of the lies that Kerry had perpetrated on Navy and on his shipmates in Coastal Division 11.

It is possible without this book Swiftvets would not exist.
Michmaddave
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get too excited yet, Kerry leads in most the polls, for what's that is worth.
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any links for those polls?
Scrooge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall the Brinkley deal blocked the release of his contemporaneous diary ONLY. He has no impediment to signing a 180 beyond his own reasons for not doing so. The diary would be useful, but let's not be slowed down for getting the 180.

Scrooge
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Concentrate on the anti-war period Reply with quote

I agree that the Kerry campaign clearly is hurting because of his lies that are now (finally) being proven. But I think we need to keep the pressure on with respect to his post Vietnam activities. My reason is this: remember how Bill Clinton looked us all in the eye and stated "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." And when it later was proven that he lied to us, most of America (or at least too much of America) just didn't care. I am afraid that too much of America won't care just because the Swiftvets prove (as they have doen so well) that Kerry stole his valor.

But I think America might care that:

His service to North Vietnam is honored in a Saigon museum.
He attended a meeting of the VVAW where an assassination plot was discussed, that Kerry did not report this seditious plot and that the author of this plot is working for the Kerry campaign in Florida.
He made up all those stories about atrocities (Winter Soldier was a fraud).

I have a handout available on the website:

http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info

We need to do more things like this handout and get them circulated at Kerry campaign stops and such. I don't think that proving Kerry is a lying SOB will be enough. Hell, everybody knows that - now at least - but the MSM still doesn't see the problem.
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Got any links for those polls?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm

it's neck and neck, but Kerry has been trending down and Bush up recently, of course it is still early in this race.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: