SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max on mission to Crawford to stop SBV ads?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting pity parade type of stunt. It reeks of desperation. Bush should ignore the rude SOBs.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I wish that W would just say

"Y'know, I've had just about enough of this nonsense--Now GET OFF MY LAND AND TAKE YOUR CATSUP BOTTLE WITH YOU!!"

How typical!--That two-faced hypocrite runs around saying loud and long to anyone who will listen that he wants all of this to go away and to just have "honest" debate on the issues, yet he's got practically everyone he ever knew running all over the place talking about it and keeping it in the news--

If he really wants to just talk about the important issues facing the Country he should do exactly what the President has been doing all thse months while moveon and ACT and all the others have been bashing him and ignore it all and just talk about the issues--

Sadly, he doesn't have sufficient class to pull that off--C
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have one of the POWs from the Hanoi Hilton either hand Sen. Cleland, or personally deliver to Sen. Kerry's home or Senate office, a letter demanding an apology from Kerry and a demand he sign a Form 180...at roughly the same time this charade is going on.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After two years of some of the most vitriolic campaigning, I am absolutely floored by how the Dems and their supporters are behaving.

I do like Bush, and I never liked Kerry. I have done a lot of reading over the last three weeks and I absolutely believe the SBVFT. Obviously, I like Kerry even less now.

2 questions:

1. Is the media getting away with behaving that some vets (Kerry, Cleland) seems to be entitled to more respect than other vets (O'Neil and the rest of the SBVFTs)? No one that I can see seems to calling him them in it.

2. Are the "undecideds swayed by the Kerry attempts to make this between him and Bush? I don't disagree that it is the smart move for Kerry, but it has the inconvenience of being a bold-face lie that the media is helping him vomit up.

I think I am way to caught up and angry about the media's attempts to distort this to be able to analyze anything. Is this "counter attack" viable? It seems pretty desperate to me. Sign 180 and end it!
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the president will do what they want.
He knows what they are doing. They think he is stupid , but have you heard cagey like a fox???
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pres Bush should say No, I am not a dictator."
rua
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an act of desperation, plain and simple. We're all smarter than that, well, the majority of us are anyway. Kerry and company...well, I dont' need to say more Very Happy
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect to Max Cleland, but he did not, nor does he claim he did, win any medals for his injuries. They were entirely accidental and self inflicted. He was off duty and out of combat when he picked up a live grenade. I respect his service and know that he would probably not have sustained those terrible injuries had he not been in Viet Nam. However, they continually roll him out as their poster boy, and the media cooperates in making the public think he was a war hero
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone from the Bush camp should go to kerry and demand the end of their 21 different 527's and F911 movie Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
LongKnife56
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the idea of having an ex-POW or some SBVT's go the ranch to meet Max and the band. It could make for some great press. the lib media will be there to cover their boys and it would be tough to avoid some truth from making the airwaves.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute I just got a great idea since John O'Neil voted for Gore??we will all become democrats but still be against kerry Exclamation Exclamation That way the democrats cannot stop us because we are one of their 527's Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Drudge headliner:

http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/422708|top|08-25-2004::02:14|reuters.html
SOTG
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cleland said Bush "owes it to every soldier and veteran in the nation to stop condoning their smears through his silence."

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!--

What about the apology that KERRY has owed every Viet Nam vet for the last 33 years?????--

Un-be-effing-lievable!!--C

Don't mind me--The cat just scratched my foot 'til it bled so I'm a little cranky
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LongKnife writes:

<<I second the idea of having an ex-POW or some SBVT's go the ranch to meet Max and the band. It could make for some great press. the lib media will be there to cover their boys and it would be tough to avoid some truth from making the airwaves.
>>

Exactly! Announce it in advance, too, and make sure the media knows this isn't part of the Bush campaign but a sincere attempt to get an overdue apology from Kerry. Also encourage him to sign a Form 180. If Cleland won't take the letter, start trying to deliver one to Kerry's Senate office or stand outside his home.

THEY opened the door, and this is a great opportunity.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LongKnife56 wrote:
I second the idea of having an ex-POW or some SBVT's go the ranch to meet Max and the band. It could make for some great press. the lib media will be there to cover their boys and it would be tough to avoid some truth from making the airwaves.

If Cleland were to meet any SBVT at the ranch they'd claim proof of corroboration and file another FEC complaint.

He should be ignored completely, unless he can get MSM coverage of the meeting while "W" points out that Kerry's fight is with SBVT.

The sound bite might quote Bush saying something praising SBVT being courageous in their quest for the truth about Kerry's VN heroism.

Oh yeah, and a reminder that so long as America is under my watch their right to FREE SPEECH is fully protected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: