SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What has Kerry done in the last 20 years that you hate?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Keith"]
LewWaters wrote:

[b]
One of the things that concerned me was the low % of votes Kerry actually was present for. I only did research from 5/13/2003 to present, but he missed about 84% of the votes.

Keith

And just what great legislation has Bush got through as President? What has he done for us?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: What has Kerry done in the last 20 years that you hate? Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
fortdixlover wrote:
kyleparr wrote:
I read most of www.wintersoldier.com.. It seems all of the anger is from 30+ years ago. A lot of people did dumb things back then. Fat ass Rush Limbaugh was hanging out on his mother's couch collecting welfare after dodging the draft. Is there any recent data that I should be aware of that will make me hate him?

Sir,

Does this mean someone can come to your house and f*** your sister, and in just 30 years all will be forgiven?

If so, please provide your phone number, and I'm sure you'll have a number of takers who will even pay well for the experience.

Best,

FDL

Do you give reach arounds? Laughing

Sir,

Once again, you do not respond in a substantive manner to the issues raised. Is 30 years the leftist time limit for excusing various behaviors such as mass defamation? Yes , or no?
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: What has Kerry done in the last 20 years that you hate? Reply with quote

Deleted by moderator
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And just what great legislation has Bush got through as President? What has he done for us?

I sure don't mind seeing a few more of my hard earned dollars in my own pocket, for a change, instead of being squandered by Liberal Elitists.
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

I sure don't mind seeing a few more of my hard earned dollars in my own pocket, for a change, instead of being squandered by Liberal Elitists.

Oh you mean the Tax Cuts that drove the national deficit to an all time high. I wonder how far that 400 buck refund would get us in GAS now that Bush and Cheneys pals are getting richer while gouging us at the pump? Laughing

[/list]
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
Keith wrote:

[b]
One of the things that concerned me was the low % of votes Kerry actually was present for. I only did research from 5/13/2003 to present, but he missed about 84% of the votes.

Keith

Depends on your perspective. Like I said, some will agree with what has passed, some will disagree, but at least it is clear what he has supported.

For example, the tax cuts. You may believe they were unfair, I believe they were fair. We disagree, that's OK.

Partial birth abortion ban... I agree, perhaps you disagree.

Medicare... some think it went to far, some think it didn't go far enough..

Going from memory here.. which is a mistake for me Smile

I believe the energy bill has merits, but it never made it through...

Patriot Act... I know many are attacking it, but I support it...

Creation of Homeland Security was good, but not sure if it is working as well as it should yet...

Bottom line though is anyone can look at these accomplishments and either love em or hate em... but I don't know what Kerry has accomplished. Even his commercials (one is on TV right now) focus on Vietnam and the future.... I'm waiting for something like "John Kerry did this in the Senate.. sponsored this bill, drafted this legislation... he's been in there for quite some time, where's his footprint?

Keith
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the whiners don't like keeping more of their own money, here are a few more Bush accomplishments;

President George W. Bush's accomplishments

1. In Texas, won two terms to Governor's office; beat Al Gore in the 2000 election;

2. Has had passed every major piece of legislation he has supported.

3. Since 9-11-01:

(A) In Afghanistan, the Taliban have been overthrown and a decent government installed.

(B) In Iraq, the Saddam regime has been overthrown, the dynasty destroyed, and the possibility for a civilized form of governance exists for the first time in 30 years.

(C) In Iran, with dictatorships toppled to the east (Afghanistan) and the west (Iraq), popular resistance to the dictatorship of the mullahs has intensified.

(D) In Pakistan, once the sponsor and chief supporter of the Taliban, the government radically reversed course and became a leading American ally in the war on terror.

(E) In Saudi Arabia, where the presence of U.S. troops near the holy cities of Mecca and Medina deeply inflamed relations with many Muslims, the American military is leaving -- not in retreat or with apology, but because it is no longer needed to protect Saudi Arabia from Saddam.

(F) Yemen, totally unhelpful to the United States after the attack on the USS Cole, has started cooperating in the war on terror.

(G) In the small stable Gulf states, new alliances with the United States have been established.

(H) Kuwait's future is secure, the threat from Saddam having been eliminated.

(I) Jordan is secure, no longer having Iraq's tank armies and radical nationalist influence at its back.

(J) Syria has gone quiet, closing terrorist offices in Damascus and downplaying its traditional anti-Americanism.

K) Lebanon's southern frontier is quiet for the first time in years, as Hezbollah, reading the new
strategic situation, has stopped cross-border attacks into Israel.

(L) Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations have been restarted, a truce declared, and a fledgling Palestinian leadership established that might actually be prepared to make a real peace with Israel.

4. Single-handedly won 2002 mid-term elections for Republican candidates and incumbents.

5. Has consistent long term support of most Americans

6. Won tax cuts for all Americans who pay taxes. President George W. Bush signed into law the hard-fought, $350 billion economic stimulus package, opening the door to accelerated tax cuts for millions of Americans.

7. On track for a landslide win in 2004.

8. Reduced the US Dollar to a realistic value so all our manufacturing doesn't go overseas.

9. Made the UN more accountable;

10. Stood up to France and Germany and revealed them to have secret oil contracts even while they had agreed to the NATO boycott.

11. Interest rates have been lowered.

12. Doesn't bash the left to gain moral support (because he's a model of respect and a Christian)

13. Wears a suit and tie to work with his fly zipped up. (a new standard since the Clinton administration)

14. Revamped the nation's security policies and procedures with the result that there has been no major terrorist event since 9-11-01 in a country whose geography is custom-tailored for terrorism (skyscrapers, concerts, churches, buses, etc.).

15. Imposed temporary safeguards to help give America's
steel industry and its workers the chance to adapt to the large influx of foreign steel. This relief will help steelworkers, communities that depend on steel, and the steel industry adjust without harming our economy.

16. Improve early childhood education for millions of America's youngest children. The President's initiative strengthens Head Start to improve the quality of experiences for young children, including training the nearly 50,000 Head Start teachers in the latest and best techniques; insures that pre-school programs are more closely coordinated with state K-12 education goals; and improves the information available to parents and caregivers about the best practices in early childhood development, including an unprecedented $45 million research effort to identify effective early literacy programs and practices.

17. Created a new Corporate Fraud Task Force, headed by the Deputy Attorney General, which targets major accounting fraud and other criminal activity in corporate finance. The task force functions as a financial crimes SWAT team, overseeing the investigation of corporate abusers and bringing them to account. Proposed tough new criminal penalties for corporate fraud:
- doubling the maximum prison terms for those convicted of financial fraud from five to 10 years.
He has asked Congress to strengthen the ability of SEC investigators to temporarily freeze improper payments to corporate executives, and to strengthen laws that prevent the destruction of corporate documents in order to hide crimes. Moved corporate accounting out of the shadows, so the investing public will have a true and fair and timely picture of assets and liabilities and income of publicly traded companies. Asked Congress for funding to place 100 new enforcement personnel in the SEC. Aske Congress for an additional $100 million in the coming year to give the SEC the officers and the technology it needs to enforce the law. "If more scandals are hiding in corporate America, we must find and expose them now, so we can begin rebuilding the confidence of our people and the momentum of our markets." Proposed a 10- point Accountability Plan for American Business, designed to provide better information to
shareholders, set clear responsibility for corporate officers, and develop a stronger, more independent auditing system.

18. President Bush has proposed an initiative that dramatically improves air quality by cutting power plants' emissions of three critical pollutants by 70 percent - more than any other presidential clean air initiative. This historic legislative proposal would bring clean air to American
communities faster, more reliably, and more effectively than the current Clean Air Act.

19. Supports a prescription drug benefit in Medicare that allows seniors to choose the drug coverage that is best for them.

20. Signed into law the Trade Act of 2002 With trade promotion authority, the trade agreements we negotiate will have an up-or-down vote in Congress, giving other countries the confidence to negotiate with us. "Five Presidents before me had this advantage, but since the authority elapsed in 1994, other nations and regions have pursued new trade agreements while America's trade policy was stuck in park. With each passing day, America has lost trading opportunities, and the jobs and earnings that go with them. Starting now, America is back at the bargaining table in full force."

21. Signed the E-Government Act. The Act expands the use of the Internet and computer resources in order to deliver Government services, consistent with the reform principles previously outlined for a citizen-centered, results-oriented, and market-based Government.

22. Seeks to reduce the marriage-penalty tax, increase of the child tax credit, elimination of the double-taxation of dividends.

23. Signed the Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Response Act of 2002.

24. Unveiled the most aggressive initiative in American history to cut power plant emissions, as well as a bold new strategy for addressing global climate change. Became the first-ever President to propose a multi-emission strategy for power plants that, when implemented, leads to cleaner
air in every community and region across America. Became the first President to propose a cap on Mercury emissions.

25. If the whole world participates in the President 's climate change strategy, then there will be even larger reductions of greenhouse gases than under the Kyoto Protocol. When you consider the President's FY 2003 budget alone, the $4.5 billion it provides for global climate change programs is more than any other country in the world. Over the last decade the U.S. has spent at least $18 billion on global climate change programs. The U.S. Senate rejected the Kyoto Protocol by a 95-0 vote in 1997.

26. President Bush signed Child Internet Safety Legislation. Called the Dot Kids Implementation and Efficiency Act of 2002. Dot Kids will now be part of the U.S. country domain on the Internet. It will function much like the children's section of the library, where parents feel comfortable
allowing their children to browse. Be a safe place for children to go.

27. In his second week in office, Bush sent initiatives to Congress to allow religious groups to receive federal funding for the provision of vital life and social services to the needy. Religious groups are allowed to compete with secular organizations for federal dollars to pay for after- school programs, drug treatment counseling, meal assistance and other programs.

28. President Bush signed a $15 billion global AIDS bill, calling it the "moral duty" of the United States to act against a disease that has killed more than 20 million people worldwide. "We believe in the value and dignity of every human life," Mr. Bush said, likening the AIDS initiative to U.S. relief and rebuilding efforts in Europe during World War II.

29. President Bush signed legislation last week, dedicating more than $900 million over five years to security research and education to protect the nation's technology infrastructure against hackers and terrorists. The Cyber Security Research and Development Act will establish computer security research centers and fellowship programs at the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).

30. On 12-12-01 Bush signed a relief act for Afghan women and children. The bill authorizes education and health care assistance for Afghan women and children living in their home country and those living elsewhere as refugees.

31. President Bush signed the Anti-Telemarketing bill that created the National Do Not Call list.

32. President George W. Bush signed into law H.R. 1, the No Child Left Behind Act, the culmination of a yearlong, bipartisan effort to bring accountability and flexibility to federal education programs.

33. On May 14, 2002, U.S. President George Bush signed the Hematological Cancer Research Investment and Education Act of 2002. At present, less than 5% of Federal funds for cancer research are spent on blood cancer research. To address this, the Act establishes two programs to increase research and education about blood cancers. Rather than setting a dollar amount for funding, the Act provides "such sums as may be necessary for fiscal year 2002 and each subsequent fiscal year."

34. On 4-30-03, President Bush signed the Amber Alert, a far-reaching child protection legislation carrying a number of contentious provisions.

35. Bush on 11-29-01 signed into law a bill that renews the ban on key taxes related to the Internet and e-commerce.

36. Bush signed a bill honoring former President Reagan's 90th birthday.

37. President Bush signed a long-awaited waiver of certification requirements for the Nunn-Lugar programme, giving the 10-year-old weapons destruction effort the green light to release $450 million in funding that was frozen for most of last year. The waiver paves the way for destruction of some eight months' worth of backed-up nuclear, biological and chemical weapons in Russia and puts an end to tense battles among members of the administration on how to proceed with dispensing of the weapons arsenal that Russia and satellite states have inherited from the Soviet Union.

38. President Bush signed legislation that extends for an additional two years a moratorium that prevents the state and local governments from imposing new taxes on Internet businesses.

39. On 11-14-02, President Bush signed into law a bill reaffirming the reference in the Pledge of Allegiance to ours being one nation "under God."

40. President Bush signed the National Science Foundation Reauthorization Act of 2002 doubling its budget.

41. President Bush enacted the Persian Gulf War POW/MIA Accountability Act of 2002. The law aims to persuade foreign nationals to take necessary and sometimes risky steps needed to return any surviving American POW/MIA from the Persian Gulf War by providing those who cooperate and their families with asylum.

42. On 2-25-03, President George W. Bush signed a National Security Presidential Directive to advance the United States Government's fight against trafficking in persons, a modern day form of slavery. This policy directive follows from the President's actions taken on February 13, 2002, when he signed Executive Order 13257 to establish a Cabinet-level Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons.

43. President Bush signed legislation protecting infants "accidentally" born during abortion procedures from being killed or left to die. Bush signed the "Born-Alive Infants Protection Act" (H.R. 2175) during a trip to Pennsylvania, to mirror laws already on the books in more than 30 states. "This important legislation assures that every infant born alive, including an infant who survives an abortion procedure, is considered a person under federal law," he said.

44. President Bush has signed legislation that will create clearinghouses to provide training and tips for schools on how to raise money to buy defibrillators. The law also authorizes $25 million for states to use to establish programs. The bill was inspired by the case of a 13-year-old Illinois boy who went into cardiac arrest after being hit with a baseball. A police officer restarted his heart with a defibrillator. Sponsors said the bill was necessary partly because schools are often used for community meetings and as disaster shelters.

45. President Bush has signed the Help America Vote Act -- a measure that will provide state and local governments with up to $3.9 billion over the next three years to replace antiquated voting systems with more modern systems.

* The country is now in its second year of economic growth.

* Nationwide, incomes are rising faster than inflation.

* Interest rates are the lowest in 38 years, and low interest rates have allowed Americans to refinance their homes, adding more than $100 billion to their pocketbooks and to the economy.

* The homeownership rate-a central part of the American dream-is 68 percent, close to the highest ever.

* Productivity of American workers-the most important indicator of our economic strength-went up 5.6 percent over the last four measured quarters, the best since 1973.

* Our trade with other nations is expanding.
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Since the whiners don't like keeping more of their own money, here are a few more Bush accomplishments;

Laughing Some interesting ones in there.. but you forgot Libya.

Keith
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Keith. My apologies. I will have to add it to the list.
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has Kerry done in the last 20 years that made me mad?

He sucked a lot of air!
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Kerry's voting record in the Senate in 2003-2004 Reply with quote

I believe Kerry actually said voting wasn't an important part of the job Mad
What does he get paid- to run for president--- he's been doing that since Vietnam. I wonder if all his clothes have JFK on them??? Sad Sad
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE flipped off Ted Sampley at the wall on memorial day....... start there and go backwards.

He's braged of, and proud to have sent minions to attack this board.... etc....
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dylar wrote:
He looks funny and dresses worse, you can start there. The matter of this site is not what he is doing so much as what he did and is now trying to take credit for.

Oh and by the way, I quoth the moron: "I voted for them before I voted against them.'

Have you given the least study what it was and what conditions were when he voted for it and then what it was when he voted against it?

There are myriad things that a person might say that would appear really stupid taken out of context of what they were about.

Are you aware that there are all sorts of "Bushisms" such that there is even books for sale about dumbshit things that bush has said.
Well, I gotta be fair. Lot of them taken in context and someone wanting to understand what he really meant it might not seem so stupid. While i do laugh at his speech dysfunction that is not what I hold against him. Were he to impress me as wise at all I might think of him as an Emperor Claudius rather than as a wannabe Napoleon.
Bush is certainly not the idiot that some would like to make him out but he is certainly not a man of wisdom with a speech impediment either.
I think that Claudius was ugly. Maybe if Bush were horribly disfigured and had to grow up with it he could have developed wisdom rather than greed and lust for power.
Hell, if you think him not to be some sort of power freak just watch his carriage as he walks from one place to another.

Well, then there is Kerry. I've not a lot complimentary to say about him either. F***ing arrogant smart ass.
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
SNIP!! Long fairy tale stuff.

Damn! that is just bait for someone to spend qa lot of time refuting the ********, isn't it.
Well, silly question to ask someone who is very unlikley to have even been the one to work up that whole line of crap.

Damn again. Just went to all the trouble to find my last functioning dry erasable pen and then discovered that I already had you marked down as a "worker" rather than just a person with an opinion I might disagree.

Oh well, there are shills and then there are shills.

Have you ever paused for thought that someone who you feel much disdain might actually be a worker for "your side"? Wink
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

Kerry actually wrote a bill to submit to the Senate. I suggest you read that bill and see what he wanted to do.

You can't claim pork, you can't claim other interests...

The bill failed to get a co-sponser. The bill never made it to the floor of the Senate. The bill was a no-go from the very start.

But John F. Kerry was stupid enough to put his name on it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: