SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anyone else see that ouyrage this am on F&F??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Holbrooke Reply with quote

SteamSnipe wrote:
Richard Holbrooke was the guy trashing the Vets. That's the third time I've seen him making the rounds of the talking head shows trying to trash the swiftboats credibility. I couldn't believe it when Fox didn't rebut him on any of his claims. He must be vying for another ambassador slot to be such a shameless shill for Kerry.

I think he wants Sec. of State. Holbrooke has a glass jaw. Can't stand getting smacked back. Too bad nobody did it.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a show called "Hannity & Hume"...
Or even "Hannity, Hume, & Ollie"... Hey, I like that!

SOTG
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Doocy did try to interrupt HOLBROOKE to pin down him down but HOLBROOKE would not shut up and they had a forced commercial.

You know, these darn 'hard' commercials always seem to let the Kerry spokepeople off the hook. Their strategy seems to be to talk the points long enough to prevent the tough followup questions.
Too bad these cowards will not subject themselves to a press conference.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Response to O'Reilly Reply with quote

Since O'Reilly seems to want to bury the SBVT issue, although 62% of his own viewers want to continue the coverage, I sent this to O'Reilly:

"According to your own poll, 62% of “more than 30,000” viewers do NOT want you to stop covering the controversy over the Swift Boat Veterans, yet YOU say you’re “sick and tired” of the whole thing. How “fair and balanced” are you when you want to deliberately ignore the wishes of 62% of “the folks” who think the Swift Boat Veterans just might have a point? If you really want to be “fair and balanced”, instead of giving advice to the Kerry campaign, invite a Swift Boat veteran and a Kerry campaign guy on “The O’Reilly Factor”, and let them debate!"

Some of you also might want to "opine" E-mail some "pithy comments" into the "New Spin Zone" !!!
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just afraid there will be backlash. He's unfortunitely making himself a part of the news instead of reporting it.
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my e-mail to O'Reilly:

Mr. O’Reilly,

I have really enjoyed your show over the years, but you took a position from day one that the Swift Vet ad was wrong and likely a dirty smear.

Because of this initial position, you seem stuck in quicksand and unable to be objective about the story.

Even you own poll shows that your viewers want to know more.

Yet you continue to spend countless hours on the Scott Peterson trial and the like, while the Swift Vet issue (right or wrong) will likely go down as one of the most significant events in American Political History.

I have been following the controversy from day one and have spent hours doing my own research and I come away convinced that there is a serious issue about Senator Kerry’s character.

I can not understand why you are not running with this story.

My advice is that you should devote an entire show interviewing a panel of Swift Vet and Kerry guys to drill down to get a ‘no spin’ take on the controversy. I guarantee that such a (well publicized) show might be as hot a Lewis-Tyson fight.

Respectfully, WRA
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holbrooke's Christmas in Kosovo strategy worked really well too.

Fox is after ratings, not ideology. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to second guess where they're coming from. It's about advertising rates and revenue, period.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly's #1 goal is to land Kerry on his show. That's why he won't dare bash him. Too bad his ego is getting the best of him.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Richard Holbrooke Reply with quote

Richard Holbrooke wil not be just another ambassador, but he WILL be Kerry's Sec. of State!!!! Holbrooke I believe was thwe U. N. ambassdor and a special ambassador who brokered the Dayton Peace Accord for Bosnia. He also worked the Kosovo issue.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: E-mail to O'Reilly Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Mechanical:

That's an excellent reply to O'Reilly but TOO LONG. O'Reilly does some-times read aloud E-mails to his show that oppose his point of view, but only if they're short, about 4 sentences max.

If you can say the same thing in a "pithy", concise, "short and sweet" manner, (or short and bitter if you prefer), O'Reilly might read it on his show within a few days.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right on the money with Holbrooke wanting Sec of State - he envied that position when Madeline Albright was in it. Was common knowledge then.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Holbrooke is a former ambassador (under Clinton?) who is so far left-leaning that he tilts when he walks.

He is on Kerry's team as advisor on world affairs. Holbrooke is slick, smooth talking and wrong. You have to remember the the Department of State is rife with liberals (it's in their nature). They never say what they really think. They will say that something is "disappointing" when they mean it is horrible and full of s**t. Holbrooke is stumping to become Secretary of State if Kerry gets elected. Trust me, his midddle name is appeasement. He will kowtow so fast to the French and the United Nations that your head will swim. He can talk in circles until a whirlpool forms over his head.

Holbrooke is yesterday's news. Blow him off.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, it's better to let these Kerry Klowns vent their spleens every chance they get.

They're insulting the men and women who HONORABLY served our country - both past & present, and I think the general public (voters) see that for what it is.

Let them rant and rave - they look as unpatriotic as they are. People ARE paying attention, and they're not fooled. There's too much at stake, and that's why the #1 priority going in to this election is our national security.
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it ever been more apparent that the people who always whine about war and the human costs of it never fought in one. The politicians from the left should keep their mouths closed because its becoming alarming to me how weak their military leadership really is. Richard Holbrooke has about as much to offer as Richard Clark.. "I have never received a single operational reccommendation, or a single page of actionable intelligence, from Richard Clark"

General Tommy Franks, American Soldier

They are all so impressed with themselves that they often forget WE protect them!!!
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't catch all of F & F but I did catch some of the show. Wasn't Ben Ginsberg the attorney for SBVT also on the show? From the little I saw he got a fair hearing.As for Richard Holbrook he's a shameless partisan like Max Cleland, they both lack credibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: