SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BUSH'S PLAN FOR VETS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go Theresa! This is just reassurance to me that the Veteran's vote scares the HELL out of Kerry. Understand that he is a desperate man right now, the economy is strong, medicare reform happened, schools have improved, taxes have been lowered, two terrorist regimes have been toppled and now the WWII Memorial has been completed and the Icon that we all revered who brought us back has passed away. Tough act to follow or challenge. Yes Bush has carried the torch of Ronald Reagan into the new millenium. God Bless Ronald Reagan and G.W. Bush for that.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: H3, Kerry a fake, phony and fraud Reply with quote

H3, let's see if we understand you. Kerry slandered a generation of vets; he's a self-confessed war criminal; he's voted against military pay raises on countless occasions; he voted against more funding to aid our troops in Iraq; 90% of those who served with him and you commanded him don't want anything to do with him, Cool and he's never been a friend of the VA.

And you really think Vets are going to fall for your line of crap?

You really need to get a handle on your delusional behavior. It's starting to blind you to the facts. Cool
Keeperrtc2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Vet Care Reply with quote

Enough...don't even reply to the trolls...I am a 60% disabled Viet Nam vet, FOR PRESIDENT BUSH. I have been using the VA Hospital on an average once a month for the past three years. I receive excellent and timely care. As Secretary Princippi said, "when a Vet shows up, treat him and we'll worry about who pays later". Enough said. Kerry will lose. Period. We true vets need to carry a DD214 (I do) at all times and challenge anyone who claims to be a vet to product theirs. Never again will JFK produce a pro Kerry vet who can't show a DD214. Yes, 214s can be altered & faked, but it ain't easy. Make them prove their status, all the time. Producing a DD214 is no harder to do than carrying a challenge coin!
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeperrtc2, welcome aboard! Batten down the hatches, hold your nose and jump on in! Cannonballs are preferred! Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
NoDonkey
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BUSH'S PLAN FOR VETS Reply with quote

Just because all of us vets haven't succeeded in marrying rich catsup widows doesn't mean we need any favors from Kerry-Heinz.

So that's how the arrogant elitist Kerry looks at veterans? Just another group to throw money so he can buy some cheap votes?

Speaking for myself (and I know there are a great many ill/wounded vets who depend greatly upon the VA and this is in no way to disparage their needs), but I'm tired of people thinking of vets as a group of people with their hands out, looking for "benefits" and willing to vote for the highest bidder.

I serve on the board of a national vets organization, and as a young vet I can see why it's so difficult to get other young vets interested in the organization. Concurrent receipt and Sect. Rumsfeld's ideas regarding elimination of three separate Exchange administrative services may be hot issues to retirees, but the young troops I serve with don't care about these things. I don't even care about these things, and it's difficult to be very excited about serving on the board when the vast majority of the time we go over policy wonk stuff like which plan is going to give more to the VA.

What do young troops want? Leadership. The kind that's been provided by President Bush on the war on terror, and the sort that is continually disparaged by the Democratic Party in general and by John Kerry in particular. John Kerry did everything he could to erode support for the Vietnam War, and there is every indication that he will do the same for the war on terror.

So you and John Kerry can keep your phony, cynical "benefit package" and I have no interest in even weighing what Kerry offers vs. what the Bush Administration has done for Vets. I want leadership from the candidate who actually believes in this country (Pres. Bush) and not in the United Nations/Kofi Annan/France (John Kerry). I joined the Navy because I love this country and believe in it, not just to latch onto Uncle Sugar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: